Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

I hate making one of these threads, but...

This is a discussion on I hate making one of these threads, but... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I'm gonna guess 200 rwhp. 210 if you're lucky...

  1. #21
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    I'm gonna guess 200 rwhp. 210 if you're lucky

  2. #22
    Impounded
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,159

    Red
    2000 Trans Am

    There are cheaper ways to get a rear end then spending 2500 to get one from moser, or even better rear ends for over 3k. But yes if you get gears and drag radials even an auto car will rape that stock rear end.

  3. #23
    United States Marine Kamauxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Age
    35
    Posts
    382

    Blazen Orange Metallic
    2006 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    You dont need to buy the suspension stuff to run 9's. Suspension parts look good and down the road do help with traction. They do not add HP. Fastest cam only auto that I know of is 10.295 that was a TH400 with a 5500 stall and weighed all of 2880. I know of a 4l60e that ran 10.73 with a 4500 stall and weighed 3375 thats close or closer to stock. 9's will require heads and some kind of power adder nitrous,fi.
    All that power would be pointless without traction. With heads and intake if I'm making close to 430, running stock suspension, I'd be adding lots of time to my et.

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04
    I don't know how new you are to the scene, but if you keep launching that car and then get DRs or slicks you'll be needing a new rear end very soon...go with the 9" moser if you didn't know already. Then get a bigger stall.
    Yea, that was going to be one of my upgrades. I know better than to put DRs or slicks on it now, for now the absence of traction is my friend. I was also planning to upgrade to a 3500 stall.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I don't know how new you are to the scene, but if you keep launching that car and then get DRs or slicks you'll be needing a new rear end very soon...go with the 9" moser if you didn't know already. Then get a bigger stall.


    He is running a A4 not a M6. 10 bolts can last behind a A4. 3 years of track racing before I broke mine. 2 years of that was slicks, 1 year DR's. I broke when I put a after market T/A in. If I had not done that I would probably still be on that 10 bolt.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamauxx View Post
    All that power would be pointless without traction. With heads and intake if I'm making close to 430, running stock suspension, I'd be adding lots of time to my et.



    Yea, that was going to be one of my upgrades. I know better than to put DRs or slicks on it now, for now the absence of traction is my friend. I was also planning to upgrade to a 3500 stall.


    Traction is the TIRES not suspension... Your running a A4 YOU can run DR's or slicks on a A4 no problem. I can show you a video with DR's when I went 11.88 on my STOCK suspension. And a photo of a 11.72 run on my STOCK suspension...

  6. #26
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    He is running a A4 not a M6. 10 bolts can last behind a A4. 3 years of track racing before I broke mine. 2 years of that was slicks, 1 year DR's. I broke when I put a after market T/A in. If I had not done that I would probably still be on that 10 bolt.
    Not everyone is that lucky...why not upgrade while the 10 bolt is still good and get some money out of it...just my opinion.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Not everyone is that lucky...why not upgrade while the 10 bolt is still good and get some money out of it...just my opinion.
    1 you will go slower ( e.t. will be lower and your mph may be the same or a little lower) with the 9 inch or 12 bolt with the same mod's. If your trying to track race it is all about unsprung weight. The 9 or 12 ADD weight. Why spend money on something you dont need. Headers/stall/cam and TIRES DR's first then slicks and I ran 11's all day. For change headers 279/ stall 450/cam 180 and dr's 150 used so thats a 1059 total I ran high 11's... But its all good build what you want... I just dont like to waste money.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 10-10-2007 at 06:47 PM.

  8. #28
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Ur saving money if you get a 9" or a 12 bolt first..cuz then you can sell your 10 bolt and make some money before you break it. Extra weight? Just remove the back seats and the a/c, that'll take care of that extra weight. Take the t-tops off...leave em at the staging lane...there's 10lbs more right there. Headlights? who needs em take those off too. You ain't bringing your gf down the strip right? So who needs a passenger seat, leave it in front of your tv at home...need I say more?

  9. #29
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Ur saving money if you get a 9" or a 12 bolt first..cuz then you can sell your 10 bolt and make some money before you break it. Extra weight? Just remove the back seats and the a/c, that'll take care of that extra weight. Take the t-tops off...leave em at the staging lane...there's 10lbs more right there. Headlights? who needs em take those off too. You ain't bringing your gf down the strip right? So who needs a passenger seat, leave it in front of your tv at home...need I say more?

    LoL you CANT take the T-Tops off and leave the at the staging lane. 11's full weight here... WoW just WoW...

  10. #30
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    LoL you CANT take the T-Tops off and leave the at the staging lane. 11's full weight here... WoW just WoW...
    Really? I just figured you'd get em the 2nd time around..

  11. #31
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Show me your track I will show you the track rules. No 1/4,1/8 mile track will let you pull the T-Tops.... But I am done was just trying to help new people to track racing... Been racing 26 + years... Have fun at the track and please take photos...

  12. #32
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    u know i was kidding the whole time i hope

  13. #33
    Senior Member Z28Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Broken Arrow, Ok
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,542

    Arctic White
    2000 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    u know i was kidding the whole time i hope
    Glad to hear you were kidding the entire time.. Now just put that 10 bolt back behind the A4 and go runs some 10's..... And Im not kidding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. old threads
    By 2000redcamaro in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-11-2010, 10:26 PM
  2. I hate these threads but...
    By JwMonE99 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 07:43 PM
  3. I hate banks. Hate them.
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM
  4. OK I really, really, hate threads like this...
    By Ice Spiral in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-14-2006, 04:03 AM
  5. Which is more annoying? Lawdog threads? or Chuck Norris threads?
    By CaptainCaveMan in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •