Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I got rear ended. :'(

So I was sitting at a stoplight minding my own business waiting for the light to turn green (I was in the front) and all of a sudden I feel my car get hit from behind. Nothing too hard, but enough to startle me plenty good. I look in my mirror and the guy behind me looks pissed. So I turn into a gas station across the street and 2 cars follow me. A dumbass girl in a dodge neon 2 cars back floored it into the guy behind me who was in a '86 Fiero, who in turn went into me. I did not see that coming. So I get out and check the damage, and my bumper is all scuffed up, my plate is bent in as is the frame, and I'm pretty sure the bumper is cracked on the bottom. Luckily the guy behind me had his foot on the break or I would've had more damage. But I definitely need a new rear bumper. The other two cars came out fine with no damage, just my car got fucked up. :/

Sorry to hear it. Doesn't sound so bad though. My wife got rearended in her Z28 convertable about 3 months ago,,,,totalled the car. Both rear quarters pushed into the tires, buckled the trunk floor and folded both quarter panels smashing the gas tank. It was a total loss, what a mess.

Good news is they payed me good and I replaced it with a nice SS

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

ya, it really isn't too bad. I got lucky. Hopefully her insurance will pay for all of it. Maybe they'll give me more than I need to fix it........

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    ya, it really isn't too bad. I got lucky. Hopefully her insurance will pay for all of it. Maybe they'll give me more than I need to fix it........
    There ya go,,,you can always hope for that

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

did you file a report? police show up? take her insurance card(if she had any).

i had some stupid UNINSURED bitch rear end me about a year ago. fucked up my bumper and pushed the front of my car into a trailor hitch on a jeep. trailor hitch went right under my drivers side headlight.

i called the police, they came. got my license and insurance as well as the guy in front of me(his vehicle was not damaged). officer asked for her license and insurance, she had her DL but said she forgot to grab her insurance card and the cop just said, "ok". i was like what the fuck? shouldnt you get a fucking ticket for not having proof of insurance?

we exchanged numbers(me and the stupid bitch that rear ended me) she said to call her and she would give me her insurance info the following day. i called for a week straight and finally got ahold of her, and she had some BS excuse that she couldnt find her card blah blah blah. i asked if she worked, she said no.

i was pretty much fucked.

luckily i still had my previous '99. so i swapped front bumber and hood and still need to switch rear bumper.

fuck uninsured motorists!!

i abide by the law, carry current up to date insurance on all my vehicles, and this is what i get? fucking insurance scammers.

If you had your own insurance then I'm sure you've heard of uninsured motorist coverage???? This is exactly what you need for those that don't carry.
    If so you shouldn't have had any problems,,,turn your repair claims into your own insurance agent and it's should have been a done deal. Thats what it's for,,,,they should take the initiative to go after the person at fault whether insured or not.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    If you had your own insurance then I'm sure you've heard of uninsured motorist coverage???? This is exactly what you need for those that don't carry.
    If so you shouldn't have had any problems,,,turn your repair claims into your own insurance agent and it's should have been a done deal. Thats what it's for,,,,they should take the initiative to go after the person at fault whether insured or not.
    yes i know what it is, but my dumbass didnt have it then. i do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    yes i know what it is, but my dumbass didnt have it then. i do now.
    Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Everyone in the accident had insurance, the bitch that did it has Progressive. They're gonna pay for all of it and are going to pay for a rental car while my car's in the shop.

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that.
    yup, that bitch will get whats comin to her.

Thread Information