Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i got my license today!

This is a discussion on i got my license today! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO OP, congrats on getting your license. Now listen to this, its bad ass that you've got ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    OP, congrats on getting your license. Now listen to this, its bad ass that you've got a LS1 for your first car, they are very powerful and can get away from you really quickly. Be careful and pay attention, your off to a good start, dont want to mess up having such a nice car or even worse, getting yourself or a friend hurt. I lost one of my best friends when he was 19, I was 20 due to high speed driving, very hard to watch. Trust me, when I first got mine I thought I was hot shit and was making a left hand turn through an intersection and gave it TO much throttle and next thing I know, I spin all the way around and I'm facing on coming traffic

Hell, my first car was a V6 Camaro and I had a speeding ticket within 4 hours of having my license, lol. Surprised I haven't hurt myself, lol
    Shoulda stayed on it and spun her the rest of the way around and kept goin' like what.. Happened to me in my 01 making a left in a damp intersection. Tho I'd recommend some (empty) parking lot practice to get good @ controling the power and learn her traction limits. Panic will get you into more trouble faster than anything else imho.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Shoulda stayed on it and spun her the rest of the way around and kept goin' like what.. Happened to me in my 01 making a left in a damp intersection. Tho I'd recommend some (empty) parking lot practice to get good @ controling the power and learn her traction limits. Panic will get you into more trouble faster than anything else imho.
    Yeah I agree with that. Practice somewhere before you make yourself look like a in public

I also found it fun to have the ass end parallel with you as your driving down the road

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Haha, should have. Could have been like "I meant to do that" lol. Yes, empty parking lot practice for sure. Like 35th-ANV-SS said, dont want to look like a ....or a

2002 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Y2K_CAMARO View Post
    Hell, my first car was a V6 Camaro and I had a speeding ticket within 4 hours of having my license, lol. Surprised I haven't hurt myself, lol
    Lulz. That's pretty bad.

I got my first ticket a few months ago for going 65 in a 55. It was at night on a long stretch of highway with just a cop around that flicked on his radar when he got right up on me. I do my best to do the speed limit now, but i'm lucky I didn't get a ticket when I had a lead foot...I know. I'm a pussy.

Black
    2002 Z28

i cant get any tickets or im fucked

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Congrats on your license. An LS1 is undoubtedly a nice first car! Don't wreck it or get any tickets... you'd hate to have to drive a mustang wouldn't you?!

Silver
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
    Lulz. That's pretty bad.

I got my first ticket a few months ago for going 65 in a 55. It was at night on a long stretch of highway with just a cop around that flicked on his radar when he got right up on me. I do my best to do the speed limit now, but i'm lucky I didn't get a ticket when I had a lead foot...I know. I'm a pussy.
    I try to do the speed limit now too, cant afford anymore tickets

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah my z28 is one of my first cars and i gotta say the old "just be careful"

otherwise enjoy!

Black
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Congrats on your license. An LS1 is undoubtedly a nice first car! Don't wreck it or get any tickets... you'd hate to have to drive a mustang wouldn't you?!
    ha the day i got my license was the same day my friend got an 05 V6 metalic silver mustang.its pretty nice but mine would crush his haha he shows his off alot tho but whatever were gona have some fun with those cars hahaha

Black
    2000 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    ha the day i got my license was the same day my friend got an 05 V6 metalic silver mustang.its pretty nice but mine would crush his haha he shows his off alot tho but whatever were gona have some fun with those cars hahaha
    even if he had a gt, it would be no worries

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

dont do like I did.....4 days after getting them I got two tickets lol

Red
    2001 Z28

CONGRATS!!!
    Damn my first car was a '92 chrysler new yorker on its third trans lol, some how we flinstoned it up to 90 on my street on a regular basis... dont be like me
    The next was my Z, and the day i drove her off the lot, making a left hand turn crossing two lanes of traffic, i learned exactly why that ASR button is there.
    HAVE FUN, BE SAFE, AND WELCOME THE FBODY WOLD

WHITE
    99 CAMARO SS

be safe ,be responsible you can lose them as fast as you got em, and you can lose your life be safe prayers are with ya ,

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

hell im 22 and was fuckin around, mine got away from me and hit a curb....I didnt even really get on it, I was just in a new area and hit some gravel.

Point is, its a lot of work to get one of these cars, but so easy to lose them

Red
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Nice first car but trust me no need to romp on it everyday. Ive already learnt the hard way and im only 19. countless burnouts, trips down the strip, limiter bounces and other stupid shit you do at 19... after babying her for a few weeks she decides to throw a rod on crank up... no real explination other than she was just "rung out" with 115k on her...

Now im 6.8k down the drain, but i do have a new 6.0 with some solid power but i now know to treat her nicely and every now and then wake her up a little.
    2002 Z28 Camaro A4
    Built by: Tick Performance and Tuned by: Alvin @ PCMofNC
    428rwhp/405tq
    7.79 @ 91.5 on true street tires
    7.43 @ 92 on Drag radials

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

MonGoose, sounds like my last LS1. Bought it at 36k (one owner but a re-po, and the car had full exhaust already), 6 speed, couple "minor" things wrong with it, and I DOGGED THE SHIT OUT OF IT! Spun a bearing one day just cruisin' down the Interstate at 75mph in 6th gear w/ 87k miles on it. I went 3-2 WOT twice in it (Both were within 2k miles after me getting it), street-raced it almost every weekend for 2 years, and ran it at the track about 30 times probably. 6 bolt mains are strong, but not forever lol. Treat 'em right, they'll last ya!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information