Results 1 to 15 of 15

i feel so stupid...

This is a discussion on i feel so stupid... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i feel so stupid having to ask this.. but does ne1 here have any helpful hints on how to get ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member AF1Strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    albuquerque
    Posts
    61

    Red
    1998 Camaro SS

    i feel so stupid...

    i feel so stupid having to ask this.. but does ne1 here have any helpful hints on how to get unlock ur car, when uve locked the keys in it... yea i kno im dipshit.. but i really wanna be able to drive my car.. and not have to pay 50 buxs for some1 to unlock it

  2. #2
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    do you have AAA?

    they'll do it for free

  3. #3
    Junior Member AF1Strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    albuquerque
    Posts
    61

    Red
    1998 Camaro SS

    nope and the place i was referred to wants 50 buxs..

  4. #4
    i make cars slower s99ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    119

    black
    1999 trans am

    get your Vin number and take it to a gm dealer and have them cut you a door key

  5. #5
    Junior Member AF1Strider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    albuquerque
    Posts
    61

    Red
    1998 Camaro SS

    ill prob will.. but dealership is closed at 9 pm..

  6. #6
    Member ProwlerZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    33
    Posts
    404

    Silver
    2002 Z28

    Either wait or pay the $50. The last thing you want to do is f- up your locking mechanism. Miss with a Slim-Jim and it'll take a lot more than $50 to fix it.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

    '02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

  7. #7
    Member Corey1987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greenville, NC
    Age
    30
    Posts
    231

    Black
    1998 Z/28

    metal clothes hanger stretched out and hook the end of it, come in from the door glass on the side closest to the rear of the car, preferable have some1 on the other side of the car looking into the window to tell u where to put the clothes hanger at and pull. Done this too many times to count but it really helps with the ladies, they love u when you unlock their car

  8. #8
    Senior Member Wheeler99WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    indiana
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,018

    black, 05 Roush
    black, 99 T/A WS.6

    Quote Originally Posted by Corey1987 View Post
    metal clothes hanger stretched out and hook the end of it, come in from the door glass on the side closest to the rear of the car, preferable have some1 on the other side of the car looking into the window to tell u where to put the clothes hanger at and pull. Done this too many times to count but it really helps with the ladies, they love u when you unlock their car
    had to do that once in my 96 t/a, took to have the oil changed and left the keys in it and the mechanic locked the damn door! they offered to pay to have it unlocked but I was having my oil changed on my lunch so didnt have time to wait. just used the ole hanger and hooked the door handle and pulled. I dont think that will work on later models though, never had to try it on my 99. I guess you could try to push the locking mechanism forward to the unlock position but I would think the hanger would bend before you got it unlocked.
    1999 T/A WS6 Black -------SOLD
    05 mustang Roush sport;
    DOB manifold, m122 SC, 47lb injectors, gt500 TB, roush TVS CAI, Detroit rocker SC grind camshafts, Mac LTs, off road x, roush off road mufflers, roush short throw shifter, kenne bell BAP, Brenspeed 93 octane tune. 479rwhp 436ftlbs SAE.

  9. #9
    Member Chad97z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas / Irving
    Posts
    396
    easy.. pull the window from the top. 3rd gens are worse than the 4th gens, but you can pull the window from the top and slide your arm in and unlock it and open it at the same time while your arm is in it.

    If the window is up you should be able to flex it out enough to stick your arm in. Might use some help.

    Just pry your fingers between the t-top and/or the side and the glass. Careful not to use any tool that focus's a pry point in one spot on the glass. Could possibly break the glass if too much pressure is placed on one sharp spot. But these windows are really really hard. I doubt it would break. Someone tried breaking into my car once and failed. And the glass didnt break.

    I was shocked at how easy these cars are to break into back when I was 19. It felt like a violation. I locked my keys in my car while me and some friends were out cruising in Tulsa. And they "somehow" knew about the window trick. So while I covered my eyes, they pulled my window and stuck their arm in and BAM.. was in it in less that a minute.

    almost any car that doesnt have a metal trim around the window is easy to break into.
    Last edited by Chad97z; 12-24-2006 at 06:59 AM.

  10. #10
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Thx now I hope no one tries to steal my car lol

  11. #11
    Member kev70ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Yorba Linda
    Age
    31
    Posts
    238

    Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

    The way i saw AAA do it was they took a wedge and put it in the back of the window and pushed it out about a 1/2 inch. Then they took a metal stick and pushed the lock slider forward. Yeah it only took them less than 2 minutes to break in.

  12. #12
    i make cars slower s99ta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    119

    black
    1999 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by kev70ss View Post
    The way i saw AAA do it was they took a wedge and put it in the back of the window and pushed it out about a 1/2 inch. Then they took a metal stick and pushed the lock slider forward. Yeah it only took them less than 2 minutes to break in.
    that's the way we do it a work it cost 40 in town

  13. #13
    2004 HEAD/CAM CTS-V 9t8z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    doylestown, Pa
    Posts
    6,818

    SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad97z View Post
    easy.. pull the window from the top. 3rd gens are worse than the 4th gens, but you can pull the window from the top and slide your arm in and unlock it and open it at the same time while your arm is in it.

    If the window is up you should be able to flex it out enough to stick your arm in. Might use some help.

    Just pry your fingers between the t-top and/or the side and the glass. Careful not to use any tool that focus's a pry point in one spot on the glass. Could possibly break the glass if too much pressure is placed on one sharp spot. But these windows are really really hard. I doubt it would break. Someone tried breaking into my car once and failed. And the glass didnt break.

    I was shocked at how easy these cars are to break into back when I was 19. It felt like a violation. I locked my keys in my car while me and some friends were out cruising in Tulsa. And they "somehow" knew about the window trick. So while I covered my eyes, they pulled my window and stuck their arm in and BAM.. was in it in less that a minute.

    almost any car that doesnt have a metal trim around the window is easy to break into.
    So how far did you have to pry the window open? I dont know about you, but my arm would not fit in there and I aint that big!!!

  14. #14
    Member Chad97z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dallas / Irving
    Posts
    396
    just barely enough to fit your arm in. It will be tight.. and it might hurt a bit, but you're going to have to just pull hard enough to slide your arm in.

  15. #15
    SS-EIAN SSNAKEATER23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    616

    SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

    pay the 50 bucks and be done with it.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. I feel stupid
    By RandyB in forum General Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 04:21 AM
  2. Question: stupid light stupid question
    By TAallday in forum LT1
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 11:58 PM
  3. Question: I feel so stupid asking this...
    By mr_r0bert0 in forum Drivetrain
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 12:03 PM
  4. Need help to make girl feel stupid!
    By 02ultraZ in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
  5. stupid stupid parents.... but hilarious none the less
    By derrinx in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-15-2007, 01:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •