Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I drove in like 3 inches of pure snow

This is a discussion on I drove in like 3 inches of pure snow within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; the hardtop is 500 and the jeep i got the guy down to 700... keeping the camaro salt free and ...

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

the hardtop is 500 and the jeep i got the guy down to 700... keeping the camaro salt free and without the danger of crashing, PRICELESS

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    ya driving home last night was a fun/scary expereience but i turned into a parklot to swing the ass around a few times and then got stuck on the incline out of the parking lot for maybe 5minuteshaha
    Parking lots FTW,

But Blizzaks really help. I have 255/40/17's on right now.. I threw about 100 lbs of weight in the back and I've been able to pass cars that were struggling. Its quite funny really, an old beater having problems and a Camaro zooming right on by with no problems.... when it ices over, then I have to be really careful.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

People just don't understand, tires mean everything. Not just tires with good tread but tire tread design/compound/depth of tread. Snow tires like blizzaks compared to any all season tire is a world difference. Even with my AWD DD I felt a ton of difference after i got rid of my all season.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

how much is a good set of those???

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

I got mine ( Blizzak LM22 ) on sale from Tirerack for only $73.00 each. I think they normally go for around $160 a tire.

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

LOL, I have drove mine for 6 winters in a row as my daily driver without a single issue & on normal street tires at that. I dont see what the big deal is, if you have any driving skill at all its not that bad guys. I even drove mine in the ice storms 2yrs ago. Now that was a little sketchy but only b/c of other dumbass drivers around me.

In slick weather slow & steady wins every time i these cars. People wanna blow by me in unsafe conditions thats fine. I usually see them in their mighty 4-wheels drive on the shoulder facing the other direction or stuck in the median a few miles up the road, LOL.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

thats what happened today a jeep flew by me and i saw him spin out and slam into the wall

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    thats what happened today a jeep flew by me and i saw him spin out and slam into the wall
    It happens all the tiem with suv and truck drivers. They think cause they have there dial set to AWD or 4WD that they can drive how they want. AWD/4WD means nothing if you dont have the right tires and common sense

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    It happens all the tiem with suv and truck drivers. They think cause they have there dial set to AWD or 4WD that they can drive how they want. AWD/4WD means nothing if you dont have the right tires and common sense
    I dont even think they have that much thought into it. Here is my theory, LOL:

They hear adding weight gives you traction. They know their big SUV or truck weighs alot more than regular passanger cars. So their brain auto-pilots into believing they have a ton more traction than other people on the roads. Like a false security blanket & thats about the end of their thought process. Then they just drive like its a nice summer day & cry about how they dont understand how they wrecked once it happens. Cause they were only goin the speed limit, not speeding.

Their brain never makes the connection that their car is just a bigger object carryin more mass that will cause more destruction once they do lose traction, freak out, over correct & take someone else driving properly for the weather conditions out.

But thats just my theory, LOL.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005 View Post
    LOL, I have drove mine for 6 winters in a row as my daily driver without a single issue & on normal street tires at that. I dont see what the big deal is, if you have any driving skill at all its not that bad guys. I even drove mine in the ice storms 2yrs ago. Now that was a little sketchy but only b/c of other dumbass drivers around me.

In slick weather slow & steady wins every time i these cars. People wanna blow by me in unsafe conditions thats fine. I usually see them in their mighty 4-wheels drive on the shoulder facing the other direction or stuck in the median a few miles up the road, LOL.
    ive had several 4x4 trucks, jeeps etc, and ive been able to drive normal speeds in winter storms. granted im never an idiot behind the wheel, sun, rain, or snow, but ive still been able to do 65mph on the highway. and i live in NE ohio, so we get a shit ton of snow off the lakes. but you thinking people driving fast in 4x4's are dumb because you seem them stuck or wrecked, is just as dumb as people thinking driving fbodies or other sports cars in the winter is. if your point of just having "driving skills" makes all the difference then i guess youre gonna have retards wreck their cars no matter what they drive....

and im not sure how much snow you get in oklahoma, but even with blizzaks, an fbody wouldnt be worth a damn in a 30 inch NE Ohio snow storm.
    Last edited by mpfranks; 12-22-2009 at 11:49 AM.

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by mpfranks View Post
    ive had several 4x4 trucks, jeeps etc, and ive been able to drive normal speeds in winter storms. granted im never an idiot behind the wheel, sun, rain, or snow, but ive still been able to do 65mph on the highway. and i live in NE ohio, so we get a shit ton of snow off the lakes. but you thinking people driving fast in 4x4's are dumb because you seem them stuck or wrecked, is just as dumb as people thinking driving fbodies or other sports cars in the winter is. if your point of just having "driving skills" makes all the difference then i guess youre gonna have retards wreck their cars no matter what they drive....
    LOL, so besides contradicting yourself in a single post, you must be a driving stud then. I'd just venture to say your a little lower on the IQ scale since driving 65 down the highway in a winter storm doesnt seem like a dumb idea in your eyes. And on top of the fact you failed to properly word the post, half that post doesnt make sense.

I'll keep driving like I do & keep passing people like you who have slid off the road & into ditches.

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

and im not sure how much snow you get in oklahoma, but even with blizzaks, an fbody wouldnt be worth a damn in a 30 inch NE Ohio snow storm.
    Dude if we get 30" of snow I'm definetly stayin home. So my vechicle wont matter at that point, only my supply of peppermint schnapps & hot chocolate, LOL.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

LOL, so besides contradicting yourself in a single post, you must be a driving stud then. I'd just venture to say your a little lower on the IQ scale since driving 65 down the highway in a winter storm doesnt seem like a dumb idea in your eyes. And on top of the fact you failed to properly word the post, half that post doesnt make sense.

I'll keep driving like I do & keep passing people like you who have slid off the road & into ditches.
    i think it is dumb to drive an fbody in the snow. i think its dangerous.

you think people speeding in 4x4's is dumb. you think its dangerous.

you say if you drive with "skills" then it doesnt matter. so what im saying is that if you drive with "skills" with a 4x4 then you wont wreck. my point is that people are going to wreck no matter what, some people just cant drive.

does that clear it up? sorry i typed that on my blackberry. so it came out kind of wordy.

i wasnt completely disagreeing with you. and wasnt trying to insult you. not sure why you felt the need to do so. and fyi, im in grad school working on my masters degree. so i must be on the lower spectrum of the IQ scale....
    Last edited by mpfranks; 12-22-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Dude if we get 30" of snow I'm definetly stayin home. So my vechicle wont matter at that point, only my supply of peppermint schnapps & hot chocolate, LOL.
    and 30 inches doesnt shut down ohio. so here it does matter what kind of car you have.

NBM
    1999 Trans Am WS6

See now that was a decent post. The first one made you sound like a stereotyped ignorant SUV owner with barely a high school education.

Now I get what your sayin & agree, except for its dangerous traveling in conditions like we are discussing in any vechicle honestly. In the end it all comes down to the driver.

My theory in my above post is just me stereotyping. My reason for this is around my area far too many large truck & SUV drivers are woman who have no business driving those vechicles in winter conditions, sometimes even when its dry outside. And the ones who are men driving usually blow past me a good clip over the speed limit like they are oblivious to weather conditions.

Arctic White, red/gray

Well I live in WI and I know for a fact when your getting 4-6 inches an hour AKA a snow storm that you can't do 65mph on the freeway unless your on a snowmobile.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Well I live in WI and I know for a fact when your getting 4-6 inches an hour AKA a snow storm that you can't do 65mph on the freeway unless your on a snowmobile.
    maybe 65 was a little exaggerated, but you can cruise at a steady speed. visibility is completely different than inches of snow though. if its a white out and you cant see, then obviously 65 is too fast. but if there is just a heavy base of snow, you can pretty much drive safely at 55mph with good tires.

Arctic White, red/gray

maybe 65 was a little exaggerated, but you can cruise at a steady speed. visibility is completely different than inches of snow though. if its a white out and you cant see, then obviously 65 is too fast. but if there is just a heavy base of snow, you can pretty much drive safely at 55mph with good tires.
    Spoken like a true SUV driver, at 55mph with snow under you there is no way you will be able to stop in less than 200 feet. And you can hit alot of shit in 200 feet. Of course it will be impossible to judge a certain situation unless you were there while its happening but still 55 in a snow storm is retarded for more reasons than visability.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Spoken like a true SUV driver, at 55mph with snow under you there is no way you will be able to stop in less than 200 feet. And you can hit alot of shit in 200 feet. Of course it will be impossible to judge a certain situation unless you were there while its happening but still 55 in a snow storm is retarded for more reasons than visability.
    if the roads are that bad then everyone will be in the slow lane and i can cruise past two lanes away from them. im never traveling at an unsafe speed or to where i feel out of control. and its on the highway where i can see a mile ahead of me, so ill have 26.4, 200ft opportunities to stop in time. now im not saying that i weave in and out of traffic and cut people off in the snow. it may sound like a dbag way to drive, put i assure you ive never been in, or even close to getting into an accident or slide off the road. its safer than a lot of guys on this forum street racing or doing top speed runs on the highway...

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Locked... take it to PM's if you want to have a pissing contest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information