Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I don't get it (5th Gen Camaro)

This is a discussion on I don't get it (5th Gen Camaro) within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by snaggeltooth kinda throws that collect ability out the window then Huh?? Yeah, but that's all right with ...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    kinda throws that collect ability out the window then Huh??
    Yeah, but that's all right with me. GM had to sell a min 100,000 units to make it pay for itself. Plus it gaurantees they'll make more in the future.

You want future collectability? Buy a Challenger...

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

Im more of a t-top fan that's what Im waiting for
    You're out of your friggin mind I searched for a Z28 without t-tops on purpose. That was arguably the silliest option ever offered on the Camaro, but at least it kind of worked with the body style. It would look absolutely preposterous now But back on topic, this could cause a totally different sort of

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by RJWZ28 View Post
    That was arguably the silliest option ever offered on the Camaro

i love my t tops. one of my favorite parts of the car.

and on topic, i just wanna see the used prices on the new 5th gens. i wonder what a low option 2ss would cost with say 20,000-30,000 miles on it. throw some mods on it and you got a pretty damn reliable fast car

silver/black
    00 trans am,SLP,Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by pewterz55 View Post

i love my t tops. one of my favorite parts of the car.
    two things were a must t-tops and M6 all the verts I have ever seen were A4
    I'd buy a A4 for my girl that's about it!!!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

I happen to like verts. T-tops just aren't the same no matter what anybody says.

Both of my 4th gens are t-top cars but I rarely remove them. It's sort of a PITA (compared to putting down the top in a vert) and it's not that much different than leaving them on. In the case of the 02 only 4 times in 5 the years I've owned it. In the case of the 98 never in the 3 years I've had it.

I feel pretty much the same way about sunroofs. Sort of a waste.
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 04-30-2010 at 10:33 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I happen to like verts. T-tops just aren't the same no matter what anybody says.

Both of my 4th gens are t-top cars but I rarely remove them. It's sort of a PITA (compared to putting down the top in a vert) and it's not that much different than leaving them on. In the case of the 02 only 4 times in 5 the years I've owned it. In the case of the 98 never in the 3 years I've had it.

The car and air feels different with the tops off for sure, you can def feel more air, more freedom and the good thing about t-tops is that t bar really does keep the car feeling more solid than a vert. I really see no downside to the t-top other than leaking. And if you dont have the literally 1 minute it takes to remove and put them on then you must be a busy man sir.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    And if you dont have the literally 1 minute it takes to remove and put them on then you must be a busy man sir.
    haha i agree i still take them off even when im running late for class, just for the 4 mile drive and then take the time to put em back on when i get there

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

but back on topic again ,what you think the insurance difference would be for full coverage from my ls1 to the 5th gen, that might be a pretty big deciding factor for the purchase

2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

That should depend on your state's insurance laws. I quoted a 2008 Z06 on my insurance here in AZ and it was cheaper than my wife's Sunfire was back in MI.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

The car and air feels different with the tops off for sure, you can def feel more air, more freedom and the good thing about t-tops is that t bar really does keep the car feeling more solid than a vert. I really see no downside to the t-top other than leaking. And if you dont have the literally 1 minute it takes to remove and put them on then you must be a busy man sir.
    I find no downside to having T-tops (other than the stated potential for leakage over time - but that can happen with a vert as well). Rather I find it a better "open air" experience (+ the ease of putting the top down) in a convertible.

Red
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 2000dreambird View Post
    two things were a must t-tops and M6 all the verts I have ever seen were A4
    I'd buy a A4 for my girl that's about it!!!
    ever been a in a stalled LS1?

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Personally, I prefer to drag race my stalled A4 but I prefer to daily drive my M6.

<---- 1 of each for me...
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

I'm with ya Jim. I have no use for those silly things. You want wind in your hair (or in my case,,,skin) then buy a vert. T-tops are just wannabe's. I only bought one because when my wifes other vert was totalled it was all I could find.
    For the record, My vert drives much more solid than my T-top car,,,,Yes really it does. Anyone that has ridden in both of mine will tell ya the same thing.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'm with ya Jim. I have no use for those silly things. You want wind in your hair (or in my case,,,skin) then buy a vert. T-tops are just wannabe's. I only bought one because when my wifes other vert was totalled it was all I could find.
    For the record, My vert drives much more solid than my T-top car,,,,Yes really it does. Anyone that has ridden in both of mine will tell ya the same thing.
    Only the top of yer head dude. You still got fringe hair.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

1 minute? I wouldn't even say that long. maybe 30 seconds

victory red
    2007 zo6

was at a car cruise, last night 4 new camaros, parked by my c6/zo6 corvette .. some of them used to have a corvette !! 2 guys changed exhaust and they sounded nice !! not my cup of tea, but if need a back seat.. rkvette

Only the top of yer head dude. You still got fringe hair.
    Thanks Jim, that makes me feel a little better

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Love my T-tops, not many cars out there with them anymore.

Bought my 2002 about a month after 9-11 when the dealerships were starting to hurt and giving good financing. There was 5 of them all lined up so I had my pick. Sticker was a little over 32k and got it out the door for a little over 29k. Only option the car didn't have was the 12 disk changer.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

from what I have seen most 2010s dont have side stripes .. they have the over the hood Ralley Stripes , but nothing on sides .. If you see the Sunoco car with side stripes it looks much better .. GIVE ME SOME STRIPES ....

red
    2002 camaro ss

my 2002 ss came with 2 window stickers, GM and SLP, my total was around 33k new, gm sticker was , $30,745, with destination charge, and slp was $2,553.00
    Last edited by camaross1; 05-02-2010 at 08:37 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information