Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am back guys!!!!!

This is a discussion on I am back guys!!!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Anthracis Believe it or not, I couln't even open the door to get out. The body was ...

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    Believe it or not, I couln't even open the door to get out. The body was that f'ed up. I had hop out of the t-top area.

It's a long story so here goes:

I just picked up my car from the shop. I had my ford 9" moser rear installed and the stage vi rpm transmission with 3600 stall converter, and all the ls6 goodies, ported 243 heads, cam, headers, full bolt ons, hotchkis/koni da, bmr torque arm, etc...etc...too much shit to list. The car was literally just completed. The only thing that i was waiting on was to have the DOT Legal drag radials to come in so that I could get them on. The rubber I had on was bald. The car had about 485 horses.

I was driving to the gym when some asshat in a mustang pulled up and tried to race me. I blew his doors off. I went by him like he wasn't even moving. Then, the road curved a little and I eased off the accelarator and had to tap my brake a little to try and slow down but due to the bald tires the rear end lost traction (I had ASR turned off as most of us do). So I was spun around 180 degrees and heading toward the sidewalk ass first.

The car jumped the curb made toothpicks out of a huge commercial real estate for sale sign. I mean I just decimated it like it wasn't even there. The car kept moving (I was at around 120mph when I first lost traction). I then hit a tree on the rear passenger side, spun around, did a flip, hit another tree, spun around and came to a sliding stop at the slow lane. The first impact literally felt like an IED went off next to my car. It was that loud and violent. It was like in slow motion too. Lucky I had the T-tops off cause the glass would have gotten all over me. There was debris everywhere and my car was done.

I was fine. The only thing I had was a minor muscle tear on my right thigh/hip area from the damn seatbelt buckle (I didn't even notice it till the next day). My hip area swelled about 6 inches. I jumped out the top of the car and cleaned the debris before the cops got there.

When the PD guys arrived, they were amazed that there wasn't a fatality. They were like where's the driver? I said that's me and they could not believe it. They said I was pretty lucky.

I know I was! So...the moral of the story...leave the racing to the track. I learned a pretty expensive lesson. I lost about $30K between the car, all the go fast parts, dyno tuning and install. Not to mention the 2 points for reckless driving on my record. The fine would have been in the thousands but I train the PD here and I have some friends in the system that helped me with my case so I only ended up paying a few hundred dollar fine. Its definitely not worth it.

You guys better think twice before racing on the street. I will never race on the street again, that's for damn sure!

Told you guys it was a long story!
    Man, God was with ya. You are still here and ONLY got two points. THAT IS DAMN LUCKY.

pewter
    2002 camaro z28

welcome back and how were you able to live without your ls1??

Black
    02 Z28 M6

A mustang?

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

Holy shit! I am glad you made it out of that shit alright. After being a cop almost 10 years, I have not seen to many living people walk away from an accident like that! You are one lucky SOB! Again, welcome back Sir! A 2* in your honor and glad to have a fellow comorade on the forum. Thank you for your services and keep up the good work! God bess the USA!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Wow.... I'm glad you are alright! I guess it's good you learned a lesson while you were still alive. Some people don't even get that chance! Keep on keepin on and keep your rubber planted!

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I guess it's good you learned a lesson while you were still alive.
    Hard to learn anything if you're not alive!!

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    A mustang?
    You wanna hear something ever crazier? I traded that mustang straight across for the camaro. LOL

The guy I traded with was a real cool. CHP officer too. He wanted a change. I was happy to oblige.

Now I have my LS1 again! When I clean her up some more, I will post pics of the new ride.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for the support and kind words even though what I did was pretty stupid. I appreciate y'all very much and am glad to be on here again...permanent this time. Thanks again guys!!
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

You wanna hear something ever crazier? I traded that mustang straight across for the camaro. LOL

The guy I traded with was a real cool. CHP officer too. He wanted a change. I was happy to oblige.

Now I have my LS1 again! When I clean her up some more, I will post pics of the new ride.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for the support and kind words even though what I did was pretty stupid. I appreciate y'all very much and am glad to be on here again...permanent this time. Thanks again guys!!
    Well we are all glad you are back on here! And no worries anymore since I think lesson learned! Are you going to put the amount of $$ into the new car like your old one?

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 (sold)

Man you were blessed! I don't know why the insurance companies don't think these cars aren't safe........Can you call State Farm and tell them your story? If I lost $30K, I probably would have jumped in a lake!

18D Cock Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Well we are all glad you are back on here! And no worries anymore since I think lesson learned! Are you going to put the amount of $$ into the new car like your old one?
    I am already that much into the 69 El Camaro. That is going to be a fine machine. But yeah I am going to mod the hell out of the 99 camaro too. However, I am going to do budget mods on it. My goal is 400+ hp spending as little cash as possible. I'm hunting used parts only. So far I am doing good.

Soooo....if any of you have any old parts that you have upgraded and want to get rid of your old stuff cheap, please drop me a pm and let me know. So far I have a Carbon Fiber Lid/SLP TB/SLP MAF/K&N Filter/Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust/JBA Shorty Headers/Eibach Sportline Springs. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Anthracis; 02-05-2009 at 11:25 AM.

1998 Z-28 A4

You r blessed man!!!!!!!!

Black
    02 Z28 M6

We've all done stupid things. I once totaled a car because my friend who drove like complete crap was telling me to slow down. Over and over I told him I'm doing maybe 5 over the speed limit. We had been drinking I was driving he was freaking out. By no means was I drunk but he was. I had 3 beers an hour earlier. The last time I'd been in his Camaro he was doing 100 mph blowing through stop signs on side streets. We got pulled over and he was completely drunk I talked the police out of going to jail. Anyways, I totally snapped. Floored the piece of crap Sentra I was in (I hated that car I just decided you know what screw him and screw this piece of crap car) and took a sharp turn in front wheel drive. Nailed the curb spun around nailed the other side, huge curbs. The little piece of crap flew up into the air, over the sidewalk and a huge bush plus the parking block. Landed smack dab between the spaces and all 4 tires buckled in like the Dalorian on Back to the Future. All 4 tires proceeded to release their air and all the tie rods were bent. I'm like there now stfu because I don't have anything to drive now just stfu. Then I walked home like 30 miles.

Ahh... you live and you learn.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Holy Crap, Anthracis! That's a hell of a tale, and pictures to boot

Lucky doesn't even begin to cover it my friend! Glad you are still here to tell the story

18D Cock Diesel

Thanks guys. I will post more pics soon of the new Z.

red
    2002 chevy camaro ss slp

salam

18D Cock Diesel

Aleykum as Salam!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Where are those pics?

Black
    2002 SS

Makes you wonder how you can be so lucky and unlucky at the same time

18D Cock Diesel

More pics coming soon. Sorry guys. Waiting to get the camera situated and the rain to stop.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Welcome back by the way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information