Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

How rare are 1sc\1sz's? And do I have one?

I thought I just had a really basic camaro z28. I had posted something on youtube and someone said it was probably a stripper z28. I looked that up and learned about the 1sc option. I'm just kind of curious if this increases the value of the car when I resell it? Or does it not really matter?

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28

I cant post a picture of the sticker codes because I'm still a new member.

bit.ly/1pFioff

Sorry guys it's not a bad link you just got to copy and paste it in the address bar

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Yep you've got one...should have almost zero electrical controls. No power windows, power locks, power rear hatch release, no cruise control, etc.

Might be desirable to someone that doesn't want power ammenities, and those people nowadays with the Prius generation are few and far between.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

They are rare in the fact that they made somewhere around 500 per model year, but not value wise as the lack of options brings desirability down to anyone except those actually looking for one. I have one and won't ever sell it just because it is rare and makes for a pretty quick car mod for mod due to being lighter. Mine weighed 3406 with a Moser 9" rear with nodular iron chunk, ZR1 rims (17x11's), and all the heavier suspension components. With the right parts I bet I can bring it down to 3200 without ditching the AC, ABS, drilling holes or any of the other weight saving ideas. I don't look at cars as investments anyway so the value standpoint is moot with me, I'd rather have my stripper Z than a loaded SS. Keep it mod it love it and watch it fly.
    My Toy 00 Z28 1SC A4 - MS3 cam with supporting valvetrain, Milled LS6 heads, LS7 lifters, , ARP rod and mains, All free mods, pacesetters, True duals, moser 9 with 4.11's and Detroit Locker, Vig 3600 tuned, tubular SFC,adj PHR, LCA, adj TA, PHR reloc, LCA reloc. all with poly bushings, ZR1's and Nitto DR's (315).

My other toy 05 GTO LS2 M6- Comp XR269HR cam, 918's, hardened pushrods, Dart Pro 1's, pacesetters, X-pipe, flowmaster 1 chambers, TSP oil pump, Tick master cylinder. Pedders RR bushings, end links, SB bushings, tie rods and strut mounts, total performance poly F&R bushings. Polk DVC 12", Infinity Kappa 6.5 component and 6x9's with corresponding amps.

Her toy 77 F100-6.6/c6. All original (for now)

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by slims00ls1z28 View Post
    They are rare in the fact that they made somewhere around 500 per model year, but not value wise as the lack of options brings desirability down to anyone except those actually looking for one. I have one and won't ever sell it just because it is rare and makes for a pretty quick car mod for mod due to being lighter. Mine weighed 3406 with a Moser 9" rear with nodular iron chunk, ZR1 rims (17x11's), and all the heavier suspension components. With the right parts I bet I can bring it down to 3200 without ditching the AC, ABS, drilling holes or any of the other weight saving ideas. I don't look at cars as investments anyway so the value standpoint is moot with me, I'd rather have my stripper Z than a loaded SS. Keep it mod it love it and watch it fly.

I wish that GM had followed suit with what Saturn did with some of thier cars , power passenger side window and mirror while having manual window and mirror on the driver side. Save weight, cost and future repairs. I know I'm not the only person replacing a driver side window motor for the second time. ��

I'm one that would prefer manual everything. I like crank up windows and manual locks myself. The less gadgets the car has then it's less things that go wrong later down the road, and less expensive to repair. I really don't need much of anything for a pleasurable driving experience. I still dig manual steering and brakes on a couple cars here just for the simplicity and less clutter in the engine compartment.
    I really don't even use the AC all that much in the cars that do have it, so I don't miss it when I'm in a car that doesn't have it. We don't live in a humid climate anymore so I find myself just not using it that much.

I agree, stripper cars are cool, and I wish they made more of them. Unfortunately the general public is soft and demands otherwise, so the stripper cars are few and far between anymore, and because of that they are now considered stripped down race cars with very high price tags. Pfffff, that makes no sense to me.

Thread Information