Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

How much is your insurance a month?

This is a discussion on How much is your insurance a month? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I just quoted myself at met and with 500 decdutables 1000/3000 lilabilty cov a month it would be 244.16 and ...

orange
    1999 camaro z28

I just quoted myself at met and with 500 decdutables 1000/3000 lilabilty cov a month it would be 244.16 and I have 3 criminal speeding tickets in 5 years that 20mph over speed limit. The only thing is dui's cant touch those and suspended lic. anything else i can beat more than likely all you gotta do is call .

black
    1998 Camaro z28

single
    USAA
    Full Coverage/ $500 deductable
    about $100 a month

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

Mendota insurance

2001Camaro SS
    Full coverage/500 deductiveble
    93 honda accord
    167.00 a month
    and I have 2 points on my record and I think 3 tickets, and 1 accident forgiveness.

Pewter
    1999 SS CAMARO

Convertable

I have a 99 SS camaro and my insurance company does not charge any difference between an SS or a Z28 so they have my car down as a convertable Z28 ? i dont know why they dont have a SS policy? but i posted here and my prices for my car is 180 a month or 2160 a year so yeah i do think there is a difference in prices between a hard top, t top, and convertables. But hey if you got muscles you have to PAY

Pewter
    1999 SS CAMARO

insurance

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    I know my company charges more for z28 and even more for the SS...so are convertibles even higher?
    Hey... you know my insurance company does not charge any difference between a SS or Z28 i have a SS convertable and my insurance policy says im a z28 converetable. i pay 180 a month and im 20 years old. so i guess if you have muscles u have to pay up

Black
    2001 WS6

25/21
    Married
    National Direct
    Full/500 Comprehensive/Collision
    328/monthly; 1998 V6 Camaro and 05 Tiburon GT V6 (Uninsured property damage on both)

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Married
    28/27 yrs old
    USAA (best insurance/ and bank on the face of the earth)
    2002 WS6
    2005 Hyundai XG350L
    FULL coverage on both/ with tow/ road side assistance/ rental car
    $500.00 deductible
    $175 total (for both)

Not sure what is on my record, but USAA is pretty good about not hiking up the rates with accidents, or tickets, as long as you don't make a habit of it.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
    Married
    28/27 yrs old
    USAA (best insurance/ and bank on the face of the earth)
    2002 WS6
    2005 Hyundai XG350L
    FULL coverage on both/ with tow/ road side assistance/ rental car
    $500.00 deductible
    $175 total (for both)

Not sure what is on my record, but USAA is pretty good about not hiking up the rates with accidents, or tickets, as long as you don't make a habit of it.
    I got a quote online for USAA and it was over double what I pay at state farm!...now banking...idk about that. why they so great? know what their CD rates are?

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

I got a quote online for USAA and it was over double what I pay at state farm!...now banking...idk about that. why they so great? know what their CD rates are?

Strange. I couldn't tell you that answer. I do know that USAA is only for certain people, such as Military Members, and prior service, / retirees, and family / spouses.

All I know is I paid $350 a month @ progressive on a 98 Malibu , and when I switched to USAA, (way back in the day) it was cut by about 60% immidately.

I had a car stolen from me, I have had 3 expensive accidents, and never once has my rates went up. The few and far between tickets I have gotten over the years has never once influenced my rate.

Hell I wrecked a car 3 days after I bought it one time, and you would think I just sent them a plate of warm cookies, when i call them. I called them asshamed, and sorry, and they "were just glad I am okay"

They are by far the friendliest customer service in any company I have ever dealt with. And I have dealt with them alot. For all my financial needs to be more specific.

I have 2 auto loans,
    My mortgage thru them,
    a personal loan
    checking
    savings
    home owners insurance
    (when I rented, I had renters insurance thru them)

Checking --I get free everything, not to mention they never charge ATM fees, and they return all my atm fees from other banks, (upto like 20 bucks I think)

My direct deposit is always in my account a day before everyone else i know (that uses another bank)

Heck I even earn a small percentage of interest on my checking account believe it or not.

At the end of each year they give back to their members by paying them a small portion of the profits, each year I have gotten about 100- 120 dollars in the mail. except the past two years, they have started applying it directly to my auto insurance, making my payment cheaper that month.

And they treat me like royalty every single time I call, no matter what i need. so I guess that is what I base im opinion off of.

My last major disscussion with them, was the day I bought the Trans Am. (a few weeks ago)
    I use them for so much, I felt like there was no way I would get approved through them for another loan. , When I called to change my cars on the insurance (I called from the dealership). They congrats me on the new car, and asked if I would like to finance thru them. I said sure. They approved me instantly and beat the rates of the bank the dealership was going to use by5%.

not to mention that GAP insurance has always been free on New vehicle purchases, and 150 bucks on used vehicles.

what else? Oh yea, when closing on my house, I paid 300 up front, and they cut me a check (not applying it to the loan, but actually paid me back, the day I closed)

And when I had my motorcycle in CA, they insured me on a R6 crotch rocket, brand new motorcycle rider, full coverage for less than 40 bucks a month.

I guess that is why i think they are the best.

Sorry to hear you didn't the great deal I did. Maybe because I have been with them for 8 years, they treat me so well, but They have treated me this well from day one.

Oh yeah, they send my Birthday cards too. LOL (seriously, they do acknowledge my Bday) and they sent a one year aniversry card for the purchase of my first home)

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Strange. I couldn't tell you that answer. I do know that USAA is only for certain people, such as Military Members, and prior service, / retirees, and family / spouses.

EDIT- I just realized, you too are in the AF, so .. I just want to SAY HEY, to a fellow Airman!
    All I know is I paid $350 a month @ progressive on a 98 Malibu , and when I switched to USAA, (way back in the day) it was cut by about 60% immidately.

I had a car stolen from me, I have had 3 expensive accidents, and never once has my rates went up. The few and far between tickets I have gotten over the years has never once influenced my rate.

Hell I wrecked a car 3 days after I bought it one time, and you would think I just sent them a plate of warm cookies, when i call them. I called them asshamed, and sorry, and they "were just glad I am okay"

They are by far the friendliest customer service in any company I have ever dealt with. And I have dealt with them alot. For all my financial needs to be more specific.

I have 2 auto loans,
    My mortgage thru them,
    a personal loan
    checking
    savings
    home owners insurance

Checking --I get free everything, not to mention they never charge ATM fees, and they return all my atm fees from other banks, (upto like 20 bucks I think)

My direct deposit is always in my account a day before everyone else i know (that uses another bank)

Heck I even earn a small percentage of interest on my checking account believe it or not.

At the end of each year they give back to their members by paying them a small portion of the profits, each year I have gotten about 100- 120 dollars in the mail. except the past two years, they have started applying it directly to my auto insurance, making my payment cheaper that month.

And they treat me like royalty every single time I call, no matter what i need. so I guess that is what I base im opinion off of.

My last major disscussion with them, was the day I bought the Trans Am. (a few weeks ago)
    I use them for so much, I felt like there was no way I would get approved through them for another loan. , When I called to change my cars on the insurance (I called from the dealership). They congrats me on the new car, and asked if I would like to finance thru them. I said sure. They approved me instantly and beat the rates of the bank the dealership was going to use by5%.

not to mention that GAP insurance has always been free on New vehicle purchases, and 150 bucks on used vehicles.

what else? Oh yea, when closing on my house, I paid 300 up front, and they cut me a check (not applying it to the loan, but actually paid me back, the day I closed)

And when I had my motorcycle in CA, they insured me on a R6 crotch rocket, brand new motorcycle rider, full coverage for less than 40 bucks a month.

Sorry to hear you didn't the great deal I did. Maybe because I have been with them for 8 years, they treat me so well, but They have treated me this well from day one.

Oh yeah, they send my Birthday cards too. LOL (seriously, they do acknowledge my Bday) and they sent a one year aniversry card for the purchase of my first home)

I Love High-Explosives! TheChad1371's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i pay 625/ 6 months full coverage for my ws6 and wifes ford fusion.

Dark Blue
    2000 S-10

insurance whats that?... sounds like a scam to me!

im still mooching off my parents policy, but with my momma as primary driver of the mustang its 350 every 6 months full coverage 1000 deductable and my s-10 is 700 every 6 months liability
    was 1400 on truck before my wreck went off the record
    u see what i mean about a scam

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

well im 22. ive had a dirty license before i even had a license. got speeding ticket with my permit. 3 suspencions, 3 other speeding tickets...bad luck follows me...but its all been 3 years or more now, so it all got dropped from my record.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I was paying $242 a month ShelbySS (here on LS1.com) changed that to $134 a month. Full coverage and renters insurance for $33 more.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post

EDIT- I just realized, you too are in the AF, so .. I just want to SAY HEY, to a fellow Airman!

I have 2 auto loans,
    My mortgage thru them,
    a personal loan
    checking
    savings
    home owners insurance

Sounds like they are workin out for ya...and that's odd you say it's for certain people cuz i'm active duty. Maybe their quotes online suck and are inaccurate idk. I've never needed a loan so i guess that part doesn't matter for me and I have a checking account where you have to keep a high dollar amount in it, then you get a good interest rate. So i do that. Maybe when I buy a house I'll consider them. Doubt I'll be able to pay cash for that haha.

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

i have usaa as well. homeowners, 2 cars...cant complain bout em at all.

Liquid Red
    2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Sounds like they are workin out for ya...and that's odd you say it's for certain people cuz i'm active duty. Maybe their quotes online suck and are inaccurate idk. I've never needed a loan so i guess that part doesn't matter for me and I have a checking account where you have to keep a high dollar amount in it, then you get a good interest rate. So i do that. Maybe when I buy a house I'll consider them. Doubt I'll be able to pay cash for that haha.
    Yeah, I didnt realize u were active when i first typed it, but yeah if you didn't know, USAA isn't for everybody, only those with military background, or military connections.

What is your AFSC/ Job?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

2A553A - Com/Nav on E-4

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

allbaugh, you a civillian working on base?

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I wish, I'm active duty.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information