Blog Entries

Black
    1999 Camaro

how much would you pay

ok a friend of mine is looking at a 1999 Z28 the problem is the guy blew a head gasket and parked it. And it set for so long the engine locked up. It's a 1999 with the LS1. It's bodys i guess is in ok condition few dents and scratches interior well other than the spider webs seams ok he asked me but i doun't have a good answer what do yall think

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Under 1000 with a locked up motor....

If you could get it going again for pretty cheap, your friend may even be able to turn it around for profit, then use that cash to get what he/she really wants. If said friend is into putting in some work.

Blog Entries

Black
    1999 Camaro

yea thats sounds about right hes wanting to find one because he loves that particular year body style. i've got a 99 camaro and i'll never get rid of it

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Wow it really locked up, how long did it sit? How many miles were on it when it blew the head gasket?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

My guess is it's not truly locked up. If the owner says it is, let them think that. It will keep the cost down and you may only be looking at head gaskets, maybe a new set of heads.

On the opposite spectrum, if it is locked up, owner probably overheated it really good and screwed all kinds of shit up.

Either way you are looking to get it cheap and have about a 50/50 shot of coming out pretty far ahead on this one.

Sent from my iPhone

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

$1000, is way to low, you are dreaming out your ass...for a complete non-running Ls1 equipped car.

just how long has it sat? chances are at minimum you will need, a battery, fuel pump, fuel filter, and gas, since i promise you the gas in the tank is bad.

$2000-2500 (sometimes higher since it's a complete car with only a 'disclosed engine issue'), is usually what they go for since you can still sell a non-running Ls1 longblock for good $$$$. plus, if you fix the block yourself and get it running, you're sitting on a goldmine.

of course, this is all milage dependent, type of transmission, the condition of the interior, etc., in the event it is decided to part out the car.

the only part of Y2kA's comment i would agree with, would be to lowball the crap out of him and see at what price he bites.

if i was the seller, i would ask $3000 and go no less than $2500. and i promise you i would have at least $2500 in my pocket by days end.

Blog Entries

Black
    1999 Camaro

he said it sit for 3 years and he hasn't even tried to start till a month ago he said the start cathces but the engine woun't turn it had 153,000 miles on it

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

the TA i bought sat for 5-6 yrs, needed only a fuel pump and filter and fresh gas to get it running (and oil change). chances are he will need to end up rebuilding the engine cause of spun rod bearings due to lack of oil lubrication. thats what happened with the TA in my situation. best of luck!

No way i'd pay $2500 for a relatively stock car that sat outside for 3 yrs with a blown headgasket, 153k on it and has dents. You can get a running car for under 4k if you look hard enough. You have to assume the motor is toast pricing will depend on if it's an A4 or M6 an M6 will be worth more in parts. I'd say $1500 or so depending on the tranny type, aftermarket parts and condition of everything else. Personally I'd stay clear of a car like this unless I was going to part it out or gut it and make a race car especially if it's been outside for 3 years. You will most likely just find one problem after another and end up spending more on the car in the end than it's worth. Now if it's been indoors and is really nice that's another story but it doesn't sound that way from your description.

Thread Information