Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How much would you pay for a 00 ss camaro?

This is a discussion on How much would you pay for a 00 ss camaro? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; No doubt about that. We are not doing the bracket thing, no racing on Sundays for us. Just the friday ...

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

No doubt about that. We are not doing the bracket thing, no racing on Sundays for us. Just the friday night drags and Sat road race. If I was serious about bracket racing I would not have a 6 spd car. That's just me though.

Cheap thrills at this point in time. Don't have the $ to chase the 9's right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    No doubt about that. We are not doing the bracket thing, no racing on Sundays for us. Just the friday night drags and Sat road race. If I was serious about bracket racing I would not have a 6 spd car. That's just me though.

Cheap thrills at this point in time. Don't have the $ to chase the 9's right now.
    We had a cool racing class back east just for manual transmission cars called UMTR (United Manual Transmission Racers) Check out the website, it's racing the way it used to be.
    They hit several venues around a 3 state area. I ran over there for 2 years in "Street Stick" and had an absolute blast. We need something over here on the west coast just like it.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

I'll be the 2nd to admit I'm not the best at a manual trans at the 1/4 mile. Had a nice 69 that I changed from a good th350 to a 5spd and lost 4 tenths searching for 3rd all the time. Great for the road racing venue though, which to me is ALOT more fun.

Perhaps I've seen you at firebird before? I had a 67 yellow with white stripes camaro that would dip into the 9's...and get booted. Sold in feb and regretting it bigtime! Just change the tires and shock settings and go embarrass the Z06's/porsche group. (even with a th400)

Never go to Firebird, I keep an eye on their venue but they never seem to have any type of meet I'm interested in.
    Thought for sure they'd have Super Chevy meets or something of the like

So I frequent Speedworld because they have alot of meets like "Fastest Street cars" and the PSCA usually turns out for that. They also put on Pontiac days in April that I enjoy as well as Muscle car day etc....and many Saturday night street racing events...

That's the stuff I'm into and enjoy racing at.

Edit: Still need some 4 speed racing out here though, lol.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 08-18-2009 at 10:38 AM.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

I've been to speedworld just a handful of times. I keep waiting to see the Calif border sign by the time I get there. After a 3 hr drive to Phx, what's another hour I guess?
    I thought if you were at firebird when we go you'd be able to give me some sage advice for the 4th gen setup.

Quote Originally Posted by dbs1 View Post
    I've been to speedworld just a handful of times. I keep waiting to see the Calif border sign by the time I get there. After a 3 hr drive to Phx, what's another hour I guess?
    I thought if you were at firebird when we go you'd be able to give me some sage advice for the 4th gen setup.
    I'm always down for a trip to Firebird. When ever you decide to go just give me a shout, I'm over in Prescott Valley. I was just over in Show Low about 2 weeks ago.

I can understand the drive to Speedworld coming from Show Low. Firebird is only about another 45 minutes or so for me, so it's not bad. Just let me know.

Red
    2001 SS

I just recently purchased a 2001 SS for just over $12K with 78k miles on it. The dealerships originally wanted $17k but I guess they couldn't sale it at that price and wanted to get rid of it.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

It may be Oct before it gets cool enough for me not to melt. I'll give a shout out when it looks like we are headed there.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I paid 17,000 for a 2000 ss with 5900 original miles, garage kept, in feb. 2009. I feel I got a great deal and love the car.

now-atomic orange
    2002 SLP M6 SS

I think it's not important what others feel in regards to if you got a good deal or not. If YOU feel it was a good deal, that's all that really matters! Your $!

Black
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by mdcrabbie View Post
    I paid 17,000 for a 2000 ss with 5900 original miles, garage kept, in feb. 2009. I feel I got a great deal and love the car.
    Is it stock?? Yeah thats not a bad deal because of the low miles. It probably looks like it just rolled of the show room floor. no seat wear. paint perfect. You driving it or garaging it??? You hold onto it long enough probably make some big bucks in about 20-30 years if you throw it in the garage and make it to sonic to get a slush once a month on sundays. I couldn't do that though. If I have it I have to drive it.

Black
    2002 Camaro

Here are the KBB price ranges for a 2000 SS (which would be the price the dealerships or person-person price) 50k w/ 6spd

KBB person-person 7600-8800
    KBB dealer 10500

Here is the NADA (which is what they are going to use if you traded it in... so you can figure if you got it from the dealership this is what they gave the person they got it from for it. Use it to try and get the price down work you a deal) well this is rare w/ nada it is higher than KBB so they might have used kbb for trade in...crooked bastards they are!!!

trade ins are from 7900-9750 so if you get one from the dealership for 10000-10500 you got a pretty good deal if its in great shape.

But if you go find one you cant live without then pay whatever you think its worth because if its worth it to you then you wont regret it. Dont get forced into overpaying for a everyday camaro find one that fits your style. I am a big power and clean person. some people pay more for stock. I pay more for extra's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information