Black
    2002 Z28

how much would my 81k miles engine sell for?

so insurance might toal my ride even though it runs 100% and is completely fine but they frame might be bent because the tree hit exactly where the door hinges bolt on and im pretty sure thats where the frame is from what veryone has been telling me.and if insurance trys to skimp me and give me like 6k for my car ill just say fuck it and buy it back and part it out but the engine runs completely fine and ive never had a single stall or ever heard a weird noise coming from it but it has almost 81k miles on it and i know hte engine would sell for the most.any ideas?

Black
    98 Z28

Not sure how much you can get but i would guess a pretty penny. I see alot of engine/tranny combos going for like 4-3k. Just so you know, if there is frame damage its very likely they will total it. Totaling the car has nothing to do with how it runs, it goes by how much it is to repair.

Black
    '98 Z28

Taking a look at ebay, i'd say somewhere around $1,000. There are a few listed with around 50,000 miles for $3,200, but zero bids. There's one with 80,000 miles going for just over $700 with a day left.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

if you sell it with an auto trans, harness and ecm. you should get 1800- 2500 the price has dropped on these like crazy with the ls6 price brand new dropped so low. and aftermarket wiring harnesses be very available and getting cheap. it you got 2k for the complete pull out take it asap.

if you sell it with a 6 speed add about 500 to those totals.

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

dont even think like that. You cant have no in your heart.

btw. thats what you get for living on the wrong side of the river.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

take it to a frame shop......see what they tell you

White
    1999 Camaro SS

5.7 or 3.8 or 3.4 i sold my 3.8 with 133xxx on it for 750 cash an that was with no wires or tranny

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Taking a look at ebay, i'd say somewhere around $1,000. There are a few listed with around 50,000 miles for $3,200, but zero bids. There's one with 80,000 miles going for just over $700 with a day left.
    I'd say this is more in line with a used LS1. I've also seen them pretty cheap (under a grand) anymore.

Especially since I can go to the local pull out yard and pickup LQ4's and LQ9's complete with a 4L80E tranny for $1,800 with less than 50,000 miles.
    Those are the hot LS engines to have now and the most popular.

I'd say if the insurance gives you anything close to $6k I'd just take the money and run. Find yourself another LS1 Z28,,,they are a dime a dozen now and pretty cheap on the market for similar mileage.
    Because you probably wouldn't make any more than that stripping it. Just not a good time to sell anything, everybody wants something for nothing. By the time you figure in all the hassle of stripping it, shipping things etc...it's just not worth it. I would only consider it if I had planned to keep most of it for myself for some sort of retro swap or something.

Probably not what you wanted to hear. But the market is flooded with 4th gens. Easy to just find another one.

Black
    2002 Z28

ya i was ebay surfing and saw 02 camaros for like 7k with with 50k miles in prefect condition.when the hell did our cars go so low in value?and if i can only get 1k for my engine fuck that id rather go do a resto swap because a 69 camaro with an LS1 would make a pretty good amount and its a 5.8 with an auto 4

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

How much were you trying to get for it? I'd like the engine/tranny together if its an A4, I've got uses for both, figure out a price you'd want for the combo and shoot me a PM, we can go from there. I'm not far from you, so alls it would take is a saturday to do it

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    ya i was ebay surfing and saw 02 camaros for like 7k with with 50k miles in prefect condition.when the hell did our cars go so low in value?and if i can only get 1k for my engine fuck that id rather go do a resto swap because a 69 camaro with an LS1 would make a pretty good amount and its a 5.8 with an auto 4
    My thoughts exactly.

The entire economy dumped. 4th gens are just in that age bracket right now, where they are 10 years old or more now and the market is flooded with them.

Something similar happened to us about 2 years ago, back when the economy was still decent. My wifes 97 Z28 was rearended and totalled. Insurance gave me $7500 for the car. It had 120,000 miles on it.
    I put another $2500 with it and went out and bought a 2000 SS camaro that only had 48,000 miles on it. And it was an SS to boot.
    That was a no brainer. Now they are even cheaper.

I had thought about stripping her Z and doing another retro swap. I could have bought it back for $800. But considering the going prices for a newer 4th gen I decided to save myself the trouble.
    Hope it works out for you.

Black
    2002 Z28

well if insurance skimps me and try to give me shit for the car i might buy it back but if they give me a good amount of money ill just buy something but if the fix it ill have new pannels and a new paintjob so ill probably sell it since it will be looking sweet

Thread Information