Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

How much HP??

This is a discussion on How much HP?? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ProwlerZ Back on original topic- Don't get your hopes up; the worst thing to do is to ...

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    Back on original topic- Don't get your hopes up; the worst thing to do is to expect dyno numbers or track numbers... you'll almost always be disappointed. I've seen stock LS1s put down 270rwhp and also 340rwhp, but most are in the 280-300 range. With the mods you have you should be looking at about 315-325; throw on some LTs and get the car re-tuned for them, it will make everything else more efficient. Keep us updated!
    I am not getting my hopes up. What ever she makes is fine with me. I'm sure not stopping there though. The next thing is kooks LT with offroad Y-pipe, cam, stall and gears. Then a nice set of heads.

red
    99 camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You are probably in the 310-315 RWHP range. LS1's that dyno in the 345 RWHP range typically need full exhaust(long tubes, y-pipe and catback) and that is manual trannies. Automatic transmission+LS1 combos are generally in the 330 RWHP range with full exhaust.
    i agree.
    99 ss m6 #256 & 2002 Hayabusa/ 176rwhp

Electron Blue
    2002 EB Z06

Quote Originally Posted by odarabla View Post
    I am setting up a race with a friend of mine that has a 2000 formula with full exhaust intake and 355 gears. He said he doesn't have a tune but he does have all of the o2 censors turned off because of the off road exhaust. He said his car runs mid 12's on the track. I guess we will see. Also Thunder racing said I might have gears in the rear end because my rear end humms and at 70mph my rpms are at 2300. They said if I had stock 3.23 gears that my rpms would be somewhere around 1800.
    i had stock 3.23 in my A4 and at 70 was just over 2000rpm's and with my 3.73 it's more like 2400 almost so maybe that's a start to help you figure it out.

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad99ss View Post
    i agree.
    Also we must factor in that I am alot further south than you guys. I am in New Orleans. This would make a bit of difference in hp #'s. atmospheric pressure here is 760mmhg.

Black
    2002 Camaro ss

Thumbs up

Rikki_SeVeN
    How do you like Puerto Rico ? I have an uncle who spent some time there while in the Coast Guard about 1965 and he said he liked being there a whole lot. The NW9 Traction Control was an option on our cars, and mine does not have it. My car will chirp the tires all day long while making the shift from 1st to 2nd, but I believe what odarabla is talking about is a lot different than that. Y2KPewterSS has the car that I would like mine to come close to some day, have you visited his garage ? Man what a ride it must be. I won't be doing the Yank 3600 stall on my car this year, as winter is coming on and I just don't have the funds right now, but I really like my car. All the best to you.

jess

__________________________________________________ ____

2002 ss - Black - A4 - 323 - SLP loudmouth 11 - SLP lid - SLP # 5846

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Dynoed

Ok guys here it is. Thunder racing and I thought the car should be making more power than it did. She made 306rwhp and 311rwtrq. I did video tape the whole thing so I will post it when ever I figure it out. We checked all sorta stuff on the car because Thunder racing said it should be making at least 325rwhp. Come to find out I have a blown cat on the drivers side that is robbing the power. The next step is the headers that whould free up my restriction in the exhuast!!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

same as my car, except mine had 6 more ft lbs.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Thanks for the compliments Jess

If you ever need info or advice, hit me up and I will be glad to help you out

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    Rikki_SeVeN
    How do you like Puerto Rico ? I have an uncle who spent some time there while in the Coast Guard about 1965 and he said he liked being there a whole lot. The NW9 Traction Control was an option on our cars, and mine does not have it. My car will chirp the tires all day long while making the shift from 1st to 2nd, but I believe what odarabla is talking about is a lot different than that. Y2KPewterSS has the car that I would like mine to come close to some day, have you visited his garage ? Man what a ride it must be. I won't be doing the Yank 3600 stall on my car this year, as winter is coming on and I just don't have the funds right now, but I really like my car. All the best to you.

jess

__________________________________________________ ____

CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    same as my car, except mine had 6 more ft lbs.
    What sorta mods do you have? I made this power with lid, baffle cut out of the intake, exhuast anda tune. oh and a clogged cat. hehe

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

I have a lid, smooth bellows, TB bypass, flowmaster exhaust, and a dirty K&N air filter.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Rikki_SeVeN
    How do you like Puerto Rico ? I have an uncle who spent some time there while in the Coast Guard about 1965 and he said he liked being there a whole lot. The NW9 Traction Control was an option on our cars, and mine does not have it. My car will chirp the tires all day long while making the shift from 1st to 2nd, but I believe what odarabla is talking about is a lot different than that.
    jess
    hm... I have nothing to complaing about living in PR...(Born and Raised)... exept for the roads... not enough Long smooth stretches... makes it really hard to fully open up what my car has got... been to 150mph but only once... and even then I was running out of road real quick... it's great though...plenty of racing everywhere... and plenty of hot women (not that I can get any...hahahaha )

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Ok guys here it is. Thunder racing and I thought the car should be making more power than it did. She made 306rwhp and 311rwtrq. I did video tape the whole thing so I will post it when ever I figure it out. We checked all sorta stuff on the car because Thunder racing said it should be making at least 325rwhp. Come to find out I have a blown cat on the drivers side that is robbing the power. The next step is the headers that whould free up my restriction in the exhuast!!
    hm... it's some nice power... I myself am hoping in the 290whp range... hopefully... the car was just fixed... (mayor missfires)...computer got reprogramed (but not Tuned)... and it feels really strong again... I don't have CATS... but I do have stock exhaust...so we'll see what it does...

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    hm... it's some nice power... I myself am hoping in the 290whp range... hopefully... the car was just fixed... (mayor missfires)...computer got reprogramed (but not Tuned)... and it feels really strong again... I don't have CATS... but I do have stock exhaust...so we'll see what it does...
    Look forward to seeing what you are making. Don't forget to post it.

Limited Edition #1242
    2002 Camaro SS LE

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Its been well known for quite a while that the LS1 was way underrated in terms of HP from GM.
    The 2001 and 2002 models were underrated by 30 HP. That's from a VERY reliable team chief that was responsible for the Camaro and Corvette line-up for many years, including the last...

Huggar Orange
    1999 Z28 Camaro

Wink

Hey Oraraba:

I appreciate what you have going on with the shift from 1st
    to 2nd gear. My car runs great for what it is, but there is no way my car will do that. I guess I need a tune like you had done. There is a place about
    150 miles from where I live called vector motorsports, I believe, I have heard some good things about them. I was going to put in a 3600 stall and then get a tune, but if a good tune will do what you describe, well ........
    All the best.

jess

__________________________________________________ ______
    Yes that 1st to 2nd gear scratch is a great feeling. I have the tune on my Z and it was like night and day!!!

Black
    2002 Camaro ss

Thumbs up

Hey 99huggar-orange-ls1

Thanks for your input. Sounds like the shift from 1st to 2nd with just a tune was a good move for you. I wanted to go with a Yank 3600 stall and then a tune, but I believe I'll check into the price of just a tune for now-with input from folks like you.
    All the best.

jess

__________________________________________________ _____________

11 second club!!

Red
    2002 Z28

I want to hear what you all have to say about this to. I gutted my cats yesterday because I thought the drivers side cat was blown (but it wasn't). Now the car feels like it has less power. The o2 are turned off so I know its not that. Could this happen. Could I lose power by gutting my cats with the stock manifolds?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I want to hear what you all have to say about this to. I gutted my cats yesterday because I thought the drivers side cat was blown (but it wasn't). Now the car feels like it has less power. The o2 are turned off so I know its not that. Could this happen. Could I lose power by gutting my cats with the stock manifolds?
    I wouldn't think so...(I don't have CATS or a tune for them) and the car feels great

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

the only way you would feel that way is that you lost back pressure so it will give you the feeling that you lost power but your really raising your tq and hp peaks when you lose back pressure. You will have better top end power but feel slower in the lower rpms, which was the case for my past camaro's doing the same mod. Im sure someone else can explain it better but from my understanding you dont lose power.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

welcome to last year...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information