Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

How much did you pay for your camaro ss?

How much did you pay for you ss camaro? I am looking at a 00 camaro ss and wondering what do you guys think of the price? Is the price high?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=en&cardist=20

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i paid $15,500 for my car a year ago with only 21k on the clock. completely stock, fully loaded (incl. trac con). She isn't stock anymore...
    2018 CTS-V: °°668rwhp/658rwtq°°
    2013 ZL1: °°590rwhp/576rwtq°°
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

$10,500 with 64k 1998 SS Vert. cost a little more because it was a vert but i had to get new brakes and tires for it, and wax the fucker, i got it looking soo much better now since i bought it, if the previous owner saw it he'd probabaly shit his pants

98 SS, hardtop, 31k m6 $11,000

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    $10,500 with 64k 1998 SS Vert. cost a little more because it was a vert but i had to get new brakes and tires for it, and wax the fucker, i got it looking soo much better now since i bought it, if the previous owner saw it he'd probabaly shit his pants
    hahaha the old lady who had my car before me didn't really keep mine clean either, it had this brown shit on the rims that I previously didn't notice as a problem, I thought it was running brake dust like they just hosed them off, but NO! This shit was horrible, I've got like 98% of it off.

Did you guys see my freaking exhaust tips????? I thought they were un-cleanable!!! They were so rusted and corroded and bad looking, I mean after looking at them I loved that they were cme but I had accepted that I'd probably have to buy some new ones if I wanted shine. any how I called slp and they told me to try steel wool, it kinda worked but I had to use so many different things to get them clean! SLP says the tips are only available to Real SS owners now ONLY and they cost $300. This is why I decided to clean them.

2002 Camaro SS
    6spd
    convertible
    traction control switch
    cd changer
    hurst shifter
    cme 335hp package
    SS grille
    steering wheel with radio controls
    black leather
    chrome 17s with SS on them
    garaged
    window sticker included
    SS car cover
    key fobs
    extra dash plaque
    38,000 miles
    only problem is door ding, that I do not give a damn about hahaha

New it was $35,xxx
    $18,000

Last edited by 7camaro7; 08-23-2006 at 09:27 AM. Reason: adding pics!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

congrats on the new whip that isnt the one in you sig that was a v6 right

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

right, I really liked the 6, the looks anyway. the power of my ls1 though?!?

RED
    2002 CAMARO SS

I got my 02' SS A4 a year ago. Payed $18,900 with 31k miles, full custom exhaust, alum. intake, bbk 80mm tb and cam.
    Off the lot it runs mid 12's on street tires and posted 359hp on the dyno.

I looked at the car yesterday and I was disappointed. The guy didn't take good care of it. Its a real SS Camaro and hes the orginal owner of the car..The car has scratches..Interior was dirty, steering wheel and dash faded and warn out..The doors were sagging a little and very loud squeek when opening it..The driver rear trim was half way off with a gap..The engine was bay was so dam filthy..It had a least and inch of dirt and dust..Oil burn stains around the engine, seemed like a valve cover leak or something.. This is the 4th camaro I have looked at and its amazing how some people just don't take good care of their vehicles..Looks in good the pics but usually when I look at the car I am disappointed.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

aiight man, either give him a low offer of what you think the car is worth(also check the blue book and offer less than that)*that's how you save more cash* or just don't get it.

if you want one that was taken better care of, just wait. Trust me, it'll be worth it. Personally the way you explained it, I'd wait.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Finally a Decent Post!

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    you know I give you shit every time you speak about that car.. every one does.. Im gonna be straightup and not rude about it .. some of the shit you put on the car seriously took away from the styling and looks of it ... you have a 35th anniversary SS now .. and youre still more proud of that busted
    v6.. and thats something I .. and everyone else that sees you post .. doesnt understand.. you got rid of a p.o.s. and you moved up to the top of the class ..

its like giving you a complete from nerd to pimp makeover .. but you still want to wear the clothes and pocket protector .. it ruins the whole idea of you even having the SS .. Ill be straight up with you Ive never seen a pewter SS with the color top and all .. its a nice combination.. if its a true SS .. but the color on the panels does look like the entire front end was trashed and repainted.. I hope you keep it tasteful on the mods on it though .. just my .02

If you have the car why arent you posting pics of it besides the one post?
    Yea, the mods I did on the 6 were mostly appearance mods, and I was basically experimenting. I really really really liked the car, it was my first car while I was in high school and just to own a camaro was amazing to me... When I first got the car I didn't know much about cars besides names and power, now I know much more. That car was basically school for me. I learned to never ever buy a salvaged vehicle again. That's the most important part. But I got the car completely stock and panels were not matching anywhere really. So basically my grandma and I put cash in it just to make it feel safe for the road and I did the rest with the extra cash I made. With that car I got more into car shows, got sponsored, and in my heart I felt I had one of the baddest looking cars around. I still think it was awesome looking. I mean so what if it is a 6. I could go anywhere and get mad comliments on it. 1/2 of the game is having a nice ride, the other 1/2 is keeping it clean. From day one I kept it clean. So whenever I went out in it, people were always like wow! Once when I went to the park I was in the grass and it started drawing a crowd to it. like 5 or 6 guys all walking around it. One of them tried to touch the headlight covers so I set the viper off and they ran, it was funny. I basically had lots of fun with it. I wasn't trying to out do anyone. Just having fun with my ride. I raced with mustang gts and suprised a few of them, you know. v6 guys gotta have fun too. v6 stangs were no comp. Any how if you didn't know f-bodies, you would look at my car and pretty much not know what it was capable of. I had a badass exhaust sound to it. Sounded very nice!!!

I'm not more proud of it either, I just really like the way it looked.

I do plan on modding this SS but cash is way too tight right now. Just moved.

Trust me, I made sure my SS is a real SS. I know damn near too much about my car. It is #430, I called SLP and they proved my car was a SS when I gave the vin. I've got all the stickers in the doors and all that, so I KNOW.

Also I just haven't gotten around to taking more pics of my car. It looks alot better than it does on those pics now. I've cleaned the shit out of it! The tips on the back are shining again*I didn't think it was possible*

I'll get some pics up maybe by next week some time.

Also when you keep your car waxed and polished the paint can trick you eyes. your's does it too, that silver has light and dark tones to it, just like my pewter.

and the reason you've never seen an SS that's pewter with a black top is because they're rare as hell.

I looked up production #s and they only made 74 pewter SS convertible 6spds in 2002. I've only see mine and a pewter drop top z28 thats it
    Last edited by 7camaro7; 08-03-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: 4got something

sunset orange
    02 SS M6

$21000 for my 02 SS with 24,000 on the clock. Loaded, T-tops, black leather, 345hp package and came with STB and SFC's. oh and 6sp. I think that was in FEB 06.

Life in the Fast lane sunsetorangess's Avatar

Met. Sunset Orange
    01 SS

It depends on how much you want the car. "one mans garbage is another mans treasure".
    I paid 20k for my 01 ss about a year and half ago. But it had 4k miles on it and was completely stock and in great condition.
    But i loved the color so it was worth it
    J
    2001 SS, Its not the car its the Driver that matters....

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    ...New it was $35,xxx
    $18,000...
    who here loves depreciation....lol Great for some crappy for old ladies

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

19,500 17k from a 61 yr old man ...the spec clutch wasnt even broken in....put 2k on it and it feels so much better now

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

thanks ..i thought so .......was far from planned...im always scoping out ebay and came across this car..with an hr left i put what i thought was a low bid in for the hell of it of 19,5 and nobody topped it and reserve was met.....was pretty shocking.had to dump my 03rsx-s quick..lol .he had a buy it now of 22,5 ..still not a bad price since he had 22,5 into the car in mods all done at lpe when it was brand spankin new not even titled yet

NBM
    99 TA

why hasnt illcul8roffcr been permanantly banned yet?
    Kages - props to you for shutting him down, but don't get yourself banned over him... he isnt worth it!

NBM
    99 TA

like i said before... not worth it

end of story, no need to reply to that either

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

OMG, this is crazy. Its the internet!! There is no need for this worthless bickering.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Aww yay Kyle couldnt rise above talking shit to me either so now hes jumped on kages bandwagon ... the first gay ls1 cheerleader .. root for your boy.. hes going to need alot more than that with me.. Your mom has to be proud..

As I stated Im tired of ending threads like this its getting old. If people want to stop the stupid shit I will as well. Opinions are like assholes .. everyone has one usually they stink. I come on here for some down time to relax or take a break and bullshit about things I enjoy that being my car and system. Some of you all have been pretty cool .. helpful even with things I didnt know .. but others just ask to be made a fool of .. and the bad thing is they dont even realize their losing when they are..

he is God
    Last edited by Zboner; 08-07-2006 at 04:15 AM.

Thread Information