red
    1998 z28

How much is this 1969 Camaro Yenko Worth? – Video

From the article:
    This rare 1969 Yenko is one of only 201 vehicles built and its owner hoped it would sell for a cool $300k at auction. This classic muscle scores top points in conductibility and overall condition, but has this owner overpriced the Yenko’s potential value. Watch and find out!

Photos and video - How much is this 1969 Camaro Yenko Worth?

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

I saw that episode. Just amazes me how many people out there have that kind of money for a car.

Not just "A" car, these types of cars with documentation and top notch restoration are investment quality and are better than a 401k. Even during the depression the car prices weren't affected all that much, and they bounced back rather quickly.

The Yenko is near the top of the heap when it comes to 69 Camaro collectability. The ZL1's can bring the money the owner of this car was thinking, but the iron block 427 Yenko's and COPO's are selling for right at the money this car brought. Shucks even a correctly restored and documented 69 Z28 with the right colors can fetch $100k.

If this price amazes you, you need to come out to the auctions and watch the money fly, there are way too many collectable and valuable cars to list here that change hands. If for nothing else, it's like a giant car show where you can see some of the best and rarest cars in the world.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

I understand the significant's of the Yenko cars and the fact this one is well documented. But my thought is, once you get into the 250k price range there are a ton of cars you can buy that are also desirable.

I also agree many cars can be a very good investment. After all I have a 76 Trans Am LE that I paid 2400 dollars for 16 years ago when values were low. Not that I ever plan to sell it.

We also bought my wife's 95 Firehawk being a low production car and fully documented with the full history. (Her brother is the original owner) It isn't worth much today, but someday maybe it will be.

I just still am amazed at how many people have the kind of money it takes to buy cars in that price range. Investment or not, I must be in the wrong career and can never dream of spending that on a car. Or even on a house for that matter.

Yup, your are right, lots of cars for that money, but the key is to know the market and the value of what you are getting and stick with the cars that are investment worthy. You really need to have in depth knowledge of the muscle cars from this era.

You can buy an exotic car brand new and spend that kind of money, but you loose your ass as soon as it's driven off the lot, if you know what I mean.

These old muscle cars are going to be expensive from here on out. They started climbing in the 80's and really haven't stopped. It's an era that won't ever be duplicated again and people are now seeing that. It's not just Camaro's, but there are Fords and Chryslers that also easily bring this kind of money. It's the top dog engine packages for each model that are the most desirable.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

If you were a millionaire, or even better, a billionaire, you wouldn't think twice about it. It's hard to think along those lines when you don't have the lifestyle. Are you saying you wouldn't want Jay Leno's collection? I would.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

And a lot of those millionaires didn't get rich overnight. A lot of hard work and very smart decision making over the years. Those same people also invest their money wisely. A lot of them choose this hobby to invest because it's never really had the bottom drop out of it for more than 30 years and has always had a solid return.

Unfortunately it does drive prices up and makes it tough for the average person to own something just for enjoyment purposes.

Silver
    1995 Firehawk

I think I am being miss understood. which the way I write things, I understand. Again I understand what is being said, I just am amazed there are that many people out there with that kind of money is all. I have no idea how that happens. I know, hard work wise investments. But maybe its just me and I live in a bubble. My life is more focused on what I can do for others, not how to get more stuff. Not that having stuff is bad, it isn't what I am around and see all day.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

And that in itself makes you rich, just in a different way (doing for and giving to others).

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yup, your are right, lots of cars for that money, but the key is to know the market and the value of what you are getting and stick with the cars that are investment worthy. You really need to have in depth knowledge of the muscle cars from this era.

You can buy an exotic car brand new and spend that kind of money, but you loose your ass as soon as it's driven off the lot, if you know what I mean.

These old muscle cars are going to be expensive from here on out. They started climbing in the 80's and really haven't stopped. It's an era that won't ever be duplicated again and people are now seeing that. It's not just Camaro's, but there are Fords and Chryslers that also easily bring this kind of money. It's the top dog engine packages for each model that are the most desirable.
    The question to be asked, like any commodity, is for how long will the be in a high enough demand to command these prices.

The bottom is falling out of the 30-pre muscle car market, mostly because the sort of people who pay high dollars for cars needs to have nostalgia tied to them. There are more people dropping dead that would have grown up with those cars than there is supply for. The same will happen to the 60-70's cars, despite thier role in our culture. Your last generation of "hot-rodders" are in thier 30-40's and the kids coming up arent interested in getting thier license, much less looking past thier Ipads, and the majority of what theyve seen is "toaster-on-wheels" sort of cars.

It will take a major change in society to avert a bubble burst, and death of car collecting/hot rodding, in the next 25 years or so.

Thread Information