Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

How many here have bought a high mileage LS1?

This is a discussion on How many here have bought a high mileage LS1? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; This is my first post and I'm glad to be here. I special ordered my SS in the spring of ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 SS SLP

This is my first post and I'm glad to be here. I special ordered my SS in the spring of '01 and have over 136,000 KMs on her and still love the car, but this is some of the work I've done to her since new:

New 02 sensors, new left side cat, new roof, new driver's side window motor, two new pinion seals, all new rear end bearings, new left front caliper, new AIR injection valves, additional CME hangers, new CME tips, new spark plugs, new centre high stop light, new right rear stop/turn signal assembly, modified faulty throttle cable bracket at throttle body, the rear window securing glue is starting to bubble like the roof glue did, there is two small holes in the SLP 3-inch intermediate exhaust pipe (Stainless steel, crevice corrosion), cleaned IAC valve, cleaned MAF and countless fluid and filter changes.

The engine has a bit of piston slap and after experimenting with many lube oils, I've found the new Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 to be the best at reducing the noise.
    01 SS, NBM non T-top coupe, A4, neutral leather, SS grille, SS dash plaque, Centre Mount Exhaust, 1 of 2, SLP #C110

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's 01 SS View Post
    This is my first post and I'm glad to be here. I special ordered my SS in the spring of '01 and have over 136,000 KMs on her and still love the car, but this is some of the work I've done to her since new:

New 02 sensors, new left side cat, new roof, new driver's side window motor, two new pinion seals, all new rear end bearings, new left front caliper, new AIR injection valves, additional CME hangers, new CME tips, new spark plugs, new centre high stop light, new right rear stop/turn signal assembly, modified faulty throttle cable bracket at throttle body, the rear window securing glue is starting to bubble like the roof glue did, there is two small holes in the SLP 3-inch intermediate exhaust pipe (Stainless steel, crevice corrosion), cleaned IAC valve, cleaned MAF and countless fluid and filter changes.

The engine has a bit of piston slap and after experimenting with many lube oils, I've found the new Pennzoil Platinum 5W30 to be the best at reducing the noise.
    I just have to see a picture of your car I looked at your sig and I just want to see more lol... Can you post up a new thread and introduce yourself by showing off your car please lol

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Ed's 01 SS View Post

I had piston slap and I started using 10/40 Valvoline conventional oil and gapped my new plugs to .035 and it may be a coincidence but I hear no more slap.

Maroon
    2000 z28 6 speed

Depends on how it was drove, at that many miles you need to start thinking about getting major parts replaced, your oil pump is probably going to need replaced soon, and the typical worn gasket issues. Other than that id have no problem with the motor, its the rear end id worry about.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information