Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

How long has your LS1 lasted???

This is a discussion on How long has your LS1 lasted??? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 101XXX on my 2001 SOM SS 130XXX on the 99 Z28...

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

101XXX on my 2001 SOM SS
    130XXX on the 99 Z28

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Show room miles..
    It was displayed in the main showroom area inside. They almost didn't take me serious when I told them I wanted to take it for a test drive being I was only 24 at the time. I remember being at the dealership for about 3 hours that day

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    It was displayed in the main showroom area inside. They almost didn't take me serious when I told them I wanted to take it for a test drive being I was only 24 at the time. I remember being at the dealership for about 3 hours that day
    damn people that buy cars here at my dealership would love to be here for just 3 hours. the average time a customer spends in here while buying a new vehicle is close to 10 hours

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Mine had 24k on it when I bought it back in '01.

Quote Originally Posted by DVrec21 View Post
    I dont know where u guys find these F-bodies with only 65k-75k miles on them at. I bought mine with 107k last year and now has 122k almost 123k. No problems yet, i change the oil every 2500 milles with Mobil 1 synthetic. only thing i had go bad on me was the power steering rack and I replaced that. Still runs strong!

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

I figured it was showroom mileage from moving her around in different types of display settings.. A brand new 35th would never have sat outside.. I go to Gatto Cycle shop to chew the fat with the owner once in a while.. There are Motorcycles in the showrom with 10-20 showroom miles from being moved around here and there to make room for other bikes and so forth.. Many times vehicles in showrooms don't have gas in them so they actually push then from place to place..

My 01 had ~24kish iirc when we bought it.. That was sorta the same look we got when we bought her too.. We walked in (after researching it on the web) a sales men walks up and says, "can I help you folks with something?" I said I'll take this Blue 01 Camaro you've got here.. To which he replied, " okay lets go inside and start the financial paper work and I'll get the keys so you can test drive it.." I said, how about you just go get the keys I'll be writing a check for the entire amount if it's to our liking.. I don't think I've even seen a salesmen move so fast..

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I figured it was showroom mileage from moving her around in different types of display settings.. A brand new 35th would never have sat outside.. I go to Gatto Cycle shop to chew the fat with the owner once in a while.. There are Motorcycles in the showrom with 10-20 showroom miles from being moved around here and there to make room for other bikes and so forth.. Many times vehicles in showrooms don't have gas in them so they actually push then from place to place..

My 01 had ~24kish iirc when we bought it.. That was sorta the same look we got when we bought her too.. We walked in (after researching it on the web) a sales men walks up and says, "can I help you folks with something?" I said I'll take this Blue 01 Camaro you've got here.. To which he replied, " okay lets go inside and start the financial paper work and I'll get the keys so you can test drive it.." I said, how about you just go get the keys I'll be writing a check for the entire amount if it's to our liking.. I don't think I've even seen a salesmen move so fast..
    we had a guy do that up here except he bought all the motorcycles that we had taken as trade in's it was like a $125,000 check I think that there were like 15 of them or something like that

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I figured it was showroom mileage from moving her around in different types of display settings.. A brand new 35th would never have sat outside.. Many times vehicles in showrooms don't have gas in them so they actually push then from place to place..
    That's funny you mention that. My test drive was "very" limited as she had about 1/16 tank full of gas and the salesman wanted me to hurry up and get her back once I ripped through the gears once

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by WICKEDLS1 View Post
    we had a guy do that up here except he bought all the motorcycles that we had taken as trade in's it was like a $125,000 check I think that there were like 15 of them or something like that
    Haha my check was'nt nearly that big..lol only $12,500
    That's funny you mention that. My test drive was "very" limited as she had about 1/16 tank full of gas and the salesman wanted me to hurry up and get her back once I ripped through the gears once
    something about safety I believe is why they keep little to no gas in them.. Think of the fumes if you've got ten cars with over 10 gallons of gas in each sittin' in one room.. Maybe that's why car salesmen always seem high..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-05-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Haha my check was'nt nearly that big..lol only $12.500

something about safety I believe is why they keep little to no gas in them.. Think of the fumes if you've got ten cars with over 10 gallons of gas in each sittin' in one room.. Maybe that's why car salesmen always seem high..
    whats funny is the fact that the guy looked like someone that you would pick up on the side of the road thats what confused me

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

whats funny is the fact that the guy looked like someone that you would pick up on the side of the road thats what confused me
    I do too.. Always in carpenter jeans or shorts and a T-shirt.. Ball cap sometimes backwards too..lol
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-05-2010 at 12:24 PM.

Black
    99 Trans Am

210,000 miles on mine.... but the transmission started slipping today.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

I do too.. Always in carpenter jeans or shorts and a T-shirt.. Ball cap sometimes backwards too..lol
    yeah most of the time the people that look like there worth tons are usually broke and the ones that look broke are loaded lol

White
    2008 Hummer H3

yeah most of the time the people that look like there worth tons are usually broke and the ones that look broke are loaded lol
    Agree, I'm not loaded but I do alright..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-05-2010 at 07:48 PM.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

110ishk. Seems like the only motor that has held up is the LS1.

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

Agree, I'm not loaded but I do alright..
    so your "confortable" lol i wish that i was but im a broke ass college kid but maybe one day in the future i will be

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro SS SLP #173

damn people that buy cars here at my dealership would love to be here for just 3 hours. the average time a customer spends in here while buying a new vehicle is close to 10 hours
    Holly shit.... 10 hours? Maybe it's time to hire a closer.Just kidding!

Just turned 55k on my 2000SS. Bought it last July with 52k on her. Only has had pass. pwr window motor replaced.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I got the 02 in Apr 05 with just over 29k on the clock. I traded the dealership my 96 Z28 vert and took the car home that night. I came back the next day with a cashiers check for $7k and the title to the 96.

As you can see by an earlier post I've put only 20k miles on the 02 over the last 5-1/2 years.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

so your "confortable" lol i wish that i was but im a broke ass college kid but maybe one day in the future i will be
    I have a small family business nothing over the top tho.. Mostly light duty fabrication and so forth. Became a plumber in my early 20's..

I would be doing even better had I gone to college.. Took me as long do things the hard way (working my way up) as I takes a person to become a medical Doctor.. 5-6+ years or so..

So stay in school! lol

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

I've had my 00 since March 2002, it currently has 55k miles, only thing done to it is driver side window motor, water pump and replaced junk stock shocks with Koni's & Strano springs. Car brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it!

blue
    98 firebird formula

137xxx motor redone trans and rear

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information