Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 42

how to drop .2 off my 1/8 mile time?

This is a discussion on how to drop .2 off my 1/8 mile time? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; the track i run at is 60' short of an 1/8 mile, it is about a .3 diff from a ...

  1. #1
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    how to drop .2 off my 1/8 mile time?

    the track i run at is 60' short of an 1/8 mile, it is about a .3 diff from a full 1/8. i run 7.17 with a 1.68 60' at this track. i want to run a 6.999 ON MOTOR. so what can i do that will get me to a 6.999? my current mods are in sig

  2. #2
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Heads should help alot, as well as a shot of N20.

  3. #3
    Internet Tough Guy Fury_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    698

    Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

    spray FTW!

    mine picks up form an 8.20 to a 7.45 on a 150 shot.

    i guess thats within you're goal

  4. #4
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    spray FTW!

    mine picks up form an 8.20 to a 7.45 on a 150 shot.

    i guess thats within you're goal

    i want to try to do it on motor first because i was told that i could not run a 6.9 on motor, with a stock short block

  5. #5
    Internet Tough Guy Fury_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    698

    Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

    hmm...larger MAF and TB?

  6. #6
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Leave the MAF sensor alone for sure. If anything, descreen it and/or get a Z06 one, NOT a SLP, Granatelli, etc. I'd say a Fast intake/TB and heads would get you there.

    Oh, and definately a catback if you don't already have it. Your sig just says Flowmaster, so I don't know if that means a 80 series with stock, etc. A cutout would help as well.

  7. #7
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Leave the MAF sensor alone for sure. If anything, descreen it and/or get a Z06 one, NOT a SLP, Granatelli, etc. I'd say a Fast intake/TB and heads would get you there.

    Oh, and definately a catback if you don't already have it. Your sig just says Flowmaster, so I don't know if that means a 80 series with stock, etc. A cutout would help as well.
    i have flowmaster catback, i think i might start with a cutout and porting my TB

  8. #8
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    A LS6 intake would be a wise investment as well, or wait for the new Weiand Street Warrior.

  9. #9
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    A LS6 intake would be a wise investment as well, or wait for the new Weiand Street Warrior.
    my car is a 2002, the ls6 intake came stock. but i am thinking about trying that intake when it comes out

  10. #10
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    well this is scary...get the fast 92/92..its time for your car to get the fast 92 set-up...also look into more of your suspension..lca relocation brackets, a adj. tq arm also. heads will also get you there..but the fast 92/92 should be addressed first..in order to fully utilize the heads and cam.

  11. #11
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    I'd agree with milkman. I'd just suggest heads to make the 92/92 worth it, and that can get REALLY expensive. I've read that the Street Warrior might be better though, and half the price, thats why I suggested it.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Diego,CA
    Posts
    26

    Black
    68 Camaro & 02 Z28

    Hey bro can you tell me what is all done to your Camaro? is the track you run at more or like a tenth mile? how about your suspensuion set up the more power you make you have to tune your suspension for it, 1.68 is great but if you can get it to around a 1.55 you'll run low 7.0's a good 60 foot will make all the differance. I have been racing for along time I run a stock suspened 68 Camaro with no power adders so far I have run a 6.61 at 103 with a 1.40, I would be glad to answer any questions the easiest way to get answers to a question like that is to ask it then tell us everything you have done to it's easier to tell what adjustments need to be made.

  13. #13
    Internet Tough Guy Fury_786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Oregon
    Age
    31
    Posts
    698

    Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

    Leave the MAF sensor alone for sure
    why?

    the car isnt stock tuned anymore

    GM factory de-screened the MAF on the '02+ Z06's.

    the screen is there to straighten the air coming in, but with an Fbody intake setup there aren't any bends to interfere with the air coming in like in a truck intake.

    /rant


    anyhow, an 85mm MAF and TB will make a huge difference in upper range power since you already have the LT's

  14. #14
    Member squee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Age
    27
    Posts
    952

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    why?

    the car isnt stock tuned anymore

    GM factory de-screened the MAF on the '02+ Z06's.

    the screen is there to straighten the air coming in, but with an Fbody intake setup there aren't any bends to interfere with the air coming in like in a truck intake.

    /rant


    anyhow, an 85mm MAF and TB will make a huge difference in upper range power since you already have the LT's
    Whether its stock tuned or not doesn't matter. In MANY MANY MANY cases changed to something like the SLP 85mm MAF has caused nothing but problems, such as running terrible, throwing lean codes, etc. The only way I would ever change the MAF is if I had it tuned when I put it on, and even then, it still might not help some of the problems. Then again, its just what I've read, I haven't tried the one I have...and don't really want to from what I've read.

  15. #15
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawCamaro68 View Post
    Hey bro can you tell me what is all done to your Camaro? is the track you run at more or like a tenth mile? how about your suspensuion set up the more power you make you have to tune your suspension for it, 1.68 is great but if you can get it to around a 1.55 you'll run low 7.0's a good 60 foot will make all the differance. I have been racing for along time I run a stock suspened 68 Camaro with no power adders so far I have run a 6.61 at 103 with a 1.40, I would be glad to answer any questions the easiest way to get answers to a question like that is to ask it then tell us everything you have done to it's easier to tell what adjustments need to be made.
    the track i run at is 60' short of a 1/8 mile. my mods are in my sig. another guy on this site that has about the same mods as me pulled a 1.55 60'. it would be nice if i could. the only mod not in my sig is my LCA Relocation Brackets. my car dead hooks every time, what could i be doing wrong?

  16. #16
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    sorry my sig is not working my mods are MS4 cam, slp lid, LT's, flowmaster, fuddle 4000, 373's, hoosier dr's, tubular LCA's, adj panhard, SFC's, drag bags, 401rwhp

  17. #17
    Senior Member Bottesini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Denton, Texas soon Lafayette, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,955

    Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

    Shedding some weight could be a cheap and easy way to lower your times.

  18. #18
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by 35thz28camaro View Post
    sorry my sig is not working my mods are MS4 cam, slp lid, LT's, flowmaster, fuddle 4000, 373's, hoosier dr's, tubular LCA's, adj panhard, SFC's, drag bags, 401rwhp
    lose a bit of weight... but add heads as well

  19. #19
    Member 35thz28camaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    mobile
    Posts
    312
    2002 z28 camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Bottesini View Post
    Shedding some weight could be a cheap and easy way to lower your times.
    i have removed the front sway bar, what else should i take off? i want to keep my a/c

  20. #20
    Missing 4 Cylinders BULLET_WS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Denton (Dallas)
    Posts
    10,577

    Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

    Quote Originally Posted by 35thz28camaro View Post
    i have removed the front sway bar, what else should i take off? i want to keep my a/c
    backseats at least while at the track... spare tire and jack...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1/8th mile time
    By dethinboots in forum GTO
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-21-2015, 09:26 PM
  2. 1/4 mile time
    By dethinboots in forum GTO
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 07:06 AM
  3. 1/4 mile time
    By Rich Gershman in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 11:58 AM
  4. First time down the 1/8 mile.
    By migueelw in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 02:04 PM
  5. how much can this drop a persons 1/4 time?
    By william SS in forum Drag Racing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •