Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33

how do I take off my grill

This is a discussion on how do I take off my grill within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Yeah just yank hard...you might feel that your breaking it or w/e, but you just have to yank hard to ...

  1. #21
    おれわCamaroがいじん! chaosinfinite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    198

    Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

    Yeah just yank hard...you might feel that your breaking it or w/e, but you just have to yank hard to get those screws to pop. I did it to mine, and it looked decent afterwards.

  2. #22
    Member ezwip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    purgatory
    Posts
    354

    Black
    02 Z28 M6

    I only have the crappy stock jack so I pulled that sucker. Then the middle wouldn't budge and I had both of the sides off. It looked stupid as hell and I started to panic thinking of driving to work that way. They can put up a fight just like the stock shift knob. I thought I was going to tear the whole car apart taking that off. At the end I found out it was glued on.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    58

    Bronze
    1984 Corvette

    haven't rely tried to take the grille off yet, but I have another question .... what is with the styrofoam in the 2 big holes ?

  4. #24
    Member blackcar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    1,234

    2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_r0bert0 View Post
    i wanna see what my car looks like without the plastic grill on the front.. but i dont want to hurt the plastic grill... any help??
    Mine popped half way off when I hit a deer (not the recommened method)

  5. #25
    Senior Member tatertot91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Posts
    5,773

    Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by AKohler883 View Post
    haven't rely tried to take the grille off yet, but I have another question .... what is with the styrofoam in the 2 big holes ?
    Thats whats gonna save your life when you hit a deer

    Really, its impact foam

    Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    Mine popped half way off when I hit a deer (not the recommened method)
    That really sucks dude

  6. #26
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    grip 'n rip, thats the method i used, and no damage, scrathces, etc...

  7. #27
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams



    Besides that come on guys there was just a few tabs that were hand turned to release the grill-the best advise was given by a t/a owner-fucking amateurs.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    58

    Bronze
    1984 Corvette

    I did it yesterday. I pulled the 3 plastic rivet out of the bottom flap of the nose ... couldn't see much, so I started from he outside edge and started pulling. Pop, pop, pop ... it was off in like 15 seconds. I didn't even have to pull hard, and all the clips / nuts fell out the bottom flap (to be saved for later just in case) Put the 3 rivets back in, clean up the newly exposed area ... and Wow does it look much better !! ... It will stay that way until I can raise enough money for an SLP "SS" grille.

  9. #29
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by AKohler883 View Post
    I did it yesterday. I pulled the 3 plastic rivet out of the bottom flap of the nose ... couldn't see much, so I started from he outside edge and started pulling. Pop, pop, pop ... it was off in like 15 seconds. I didn't even have to pull hard, and all the clips / nuts fell out the bottom flap (to be saved for later just in case) Put the 3 rivets back in, clean up the newly exposed area ... and Wow does it look much better !! ... It will stay that way until I can raise enough money for an SLP "SS" grille.
    Didn't they stop making the SS grille?

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Reading, PA
    Posts
    58

    Bronze
    1984 Corvette

    I have seen them listed everywhere.
    Cost is about $240-$270 depending on where you look.
    They also sell the bowtie version, that is a tad bit cheaper.

  11. #31
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    20

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS

    Just did mine this weekend. Actually took the whole front bumper off for the heck of it. There is foam behind the entire front bumper to absorb an impact. Taking of the bumper made it easier to drill the holes to install the SLP SS grill. I have some pics of what it looks like with the bumper off it anyone is interested.

  12. #32
    Member Z ROADSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Shreveport,Louisiana .USA
    Posts
    505

    PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    I only have the crappy stock jack so I pulled that sucker. Then the middle wouldn't budge and I had both of the sides off. It looked stupid as hell and I started to panic thinking of driving to work that way. They can put up a fight just like the stock shift knob. I thought I was going to tear the whole car apart taking that off. At the end I found out it was glued on.
    LOL
    Damn that was funny man . Been there done that . We got no patience .

  13. #33
    Aw shucks. bluefields88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Berkeley, CA
    Posts
    3,619

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

    Quote Originally Posted by BadSS2001 View Post
    Just did mine this weekend. Actually took the whole front bumper off for the heck of it. There is foam behind the entire front bumper to absorb an impact. Taking of the bumper made it easier to drill the holes to install the SLP SS grill. I have some pics of what it looks like with the bumper off it anyone is interested.
    post 'em up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. slp ss grill
    By buzzkill in forum Group Purchases Request
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 07:58 PM
  2. Question: Stock grill or no grill ?
    By 98Z28importslayer in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 10:27 AM
  3. What to do for the grill?
    By SunsetZ in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 12:20 AM
  4. want SLP SS grill
    By Jays00ss in forum Parts Wanted / Trade
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-12-2007, 05:38 PM
  5. Gas Grill
    By Gav'sPurpleZ in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2006, 11:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •