Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

How do i find out if i have a SLP induction???

This is a discussion on How do i find out if i have a SLP induction??? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by turbojimmy But, like I said before, Pontiac delivers a much more refined product overall. I wouldn't trade ...

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by turbojimmy View Post

But, like I said before, Pontiac delivers a much more refined product overall. I wouldn't trade my TA for any Chevy
    Refined? How so because the pontiac has nicer seats? It's the same bucket 'o' bolts as the Chevy under the skin.

And wow this driveablity topic really got out of hand. I can't take back my words but I will reiterate. There is a drivability difference between the two. The bigger wheels for one and like Turbojimmy said, if anything looking out over the hood scoop. That's fact.

If you prefer a Z28 over an SS I respect that. That's your opinion and your entitled to it. I owned an LS1 Z28 in the past and chose the SS this time around.
    Last edited by Redegal; 11-25-2009 at 12:30 AM.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

Black
    2002 Trans Am Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    Refined? How so because the pontiac has nicer seats? It's the same bucket 'o' bolts as the Chevy under the skin.
    The Pontiac is much nicer inside, including the seats. You've said it yourself, wisearse. The placement of the TCS switch in the Pontiac vs. the Camaro alone makes it worth it.

I keed, I keed.

At least the Pontiac has headrests to keep you from snapping your neck from the awesome torque.

Jim

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Back on topic please

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Dam camaros are almost as confusing as all the different mustangs that are out there. My camaro is an ss with the 345 hp slp package but the title says its a z 28. Which i guess it was a z 28 before it went to slp. And before it was a z 28 it was just a plain camaro?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by slimss View Post
    Dam camaros are almost as confusing as all the different mustangs that are out there. My camaro is an ss with the 345 hp slp package but the title says its a z 28. Which i guess it was a z 28 before it went to slp. And before it was a z 28 it was just a plain camaro?
    My WS.6 is done up by ASC Global.

Listed as a Firebird Trans Am WS6.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

It should at least be titled as a Z28.

From what I was told from SLP the Z28 was sent from the GM plant to SLP in Canada where it became an SS. It was then sent back to the GM plant where it was distributed to the dealers it was ordered from.

If you have stickers on your door the say "SLP" then you have an SLP SS. I was told by the dealer that sold me mine that my "SLP SS" was 345hp. I don't know where they got those numbers from becuase when I called SLP I found out that none of my "special" SLP options are performance options:

17" chrome wheels
    Key Fob
    "Camaro SS" floor mats
    car cover
    dash plaque

I'm guessing ALL SS's must be 345HP rated

Confusing I know.
    Last edited by Redegal; 11-25-2009 at 05:42 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

The 345 hp package included either the CME setup or the dualdual setup and the blackwing airlid was included.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Seems like the same things keep getting said over and over again in this thread

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I seem to concur with that.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Seems like the same things keep getting said over and over again in this thread

Black

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    I seem to concur with that.
    I learned what CME is, though. That's helpful. To me anyway. Not that it matters - I have a Pontirat.

Jim

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Enlighten us.

Black

Quote Originally Posted by Redegal View Post
    Enlighten us.
    Center Mount Exhaust.

White
    2000 Camaro SS slp #4161

ALL true SS's were SLP cars. Even the base model SS was shipped to SLP in New Jersey from the Canada GM factory with the RPO code of WU8. The WU8 code is what signifies that the car was shipped to SLP in the states for modifications. The base models got wheels/tires, hood, spoiler and badges. If any dealer ordered options above that got a sticker on the drivers and passengers doors stating what modifications slp made to the vehicle (exhaust, differential etc....) so that if you took your car to a dealership for work any parts that were changed by SLP were to be covered under the cars warranty. The base model SS cars had no stickers inside the doors because they were just appearance package cars.
    Last edited by Slick2000ss; 07-23-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Slick2000ss View Post
    ALL true SS's were SLP cars. Even the base model SS was shipped to SLP in New Jersey from the Canada GM factory with the RPO code of WU8. The WU8 code is what signifies that the car was shipped to SLP in the states for modifications. The base models got wheels/tires, hood, spoiler and badges. If any dealer ordered options above that got a sticker on the drivers and passengers doors stating what modifications slp made to the vehicle (exhaust, differential etc....) so that if you took your car to a dealership for work any parts that were changed by SLP were to be covered under the cars warranty. The base model SS cars had no stickers inside the doors because they were just appearance package cars.
    Just so you know, this thread is almost 3 years old.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Dealerships also worked with SLP and put together dealer specific packages and put a seperate option list on the vehicle. My 02 SS has a chrome SLP badge next to the SS on the back. It came with CME, SLP cats, SLP headers, Stainless muffler, SLP MAF, SLP strut bar, Blackwing lid, CAI and the Mobil 1 package. All this from the dealership. So guys like Yenko, Nicky, Mr. Norm and Tasca are still in the business. All SLP's have a number registered with them in Toms River, NJ. The SLP company was started by Ed Hamburger who made the best aftermarket race oil pans in the business back in the day.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    Dealerships also worked with SLP and put together dealer specific packages and put a seperate option list on the vehicle. My 02 SS has a chrome SLP badge next to the SS on the back. It came with CME, SLP cats, SLP headers, Stainless muffler, SLP MAF, SLP strut bar, Blackwing lid, CAI and the Mobil 1 package. All this from the dealership. So guys like Yenko, Nicky, Mr. Norm and Tasca are still in the business. All SLP's have a number registered with them in Toms River, NJ. The SLP company was started by Ed Hamburger who made the best aftermarket race oil pans in the business back in the day.
    Yes some dealerships did add their stuff, But some of the items you mention were not offered by slp specifically. Which means that the 2nd content sticker wouldnt show those items. Nor would the slp Birth certificate. Anyone could order those parts after the fact. And thats what some dealers did in order to make the cars more appealing.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'm still here
    It's on jackstands.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Yes some dealerships did add their stuff, But some of the items you mention were not offered by slp specifically. Which means that the 2nd content sticker wouldnt show those items. Nor would the slp Birth certificate. Anyone could order those parts after the fact. And thats what some dealers did in order to make the cars more appealing.
    That's why you have the dealer option sheet.

navy blue
    2002 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by 2002ssslp View Post
    That's why you have the dealer option sheet.
    Which really means nothing!!!!!!

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Which really means nothing!!!!!!

Tell that to a Yenko Camaro owner or a big block Taska Mustang owner, Baldwin Motion Vette's, Nicky Camaro's and Nova's Mr. Norms GSS, Hemi's. All of these vehicles were dealer modified without a door sticker, just a dealer option list and when they go to Barrett Jackson the dollars go way up. I am not going to tell you that I will get more money for my car if I sell it but that is the same deal as the other guys.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information