Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Honest opinion on TAIL LIGHTS

This is a discussion on Honest opinion on TAIL LIGHTS within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ezwip Who cares how many of them were built? I buy a car to drive it. If ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    Who cares how many of them were built? I buy a car to drive it. If I want to put my money into something fancy that appreciates I'll have a statue made of gold. Yes, I honestly kid you not when I say that I wouldn't hesitate to paint right over his name. I agree that the car is awesome other then that.
    I'm gonna watch what I say as to not get another warning, but only an idiot would do that. Like every time I see a Syclone or Typhoon all cut up and shit. The Syclone is legendary as there were only 3000 of them. VERY low numbers, and a mint one is worth damn near what it cost new (only because its not a sellers market right now). Its not wise to cut something like that up. I have a Syclone sitting in the driveway and absolutely love them and there amazing to drive, but need to be kept in good condition. They won't be there 20 years from now when so others can see them. Cars like that in 20 years will be about like a Yenko. I respect that you buy a car to drive it, and so do I, but why buy a $100,000 car that there was only 35 of to do that. Its a collectors car and should be driven, but not modified so it can't be put back like it was. Paint is the #1 thing that makes a collector car worth more (granted its got matching #s). All in all though, only an idiot would do that and drive that car more than on good weather days only.
    Last edited by squee; 07-02-2008 at 02:45 PM.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

I'm not trying to anger you it's just my opinion. Although I did post that here to see the responses. The car is heavily modified by Dick it is not stock. I do believe his goal was to put people in a really fast car that they could drive not donate to a museum. People, Dick slammed the pedal he loved to drive and died in a drag race. He wasn't staring at his car in the garage and got hit in the head with a door. I'd love to sell them a pet rock with Dicks name on it! If I were rich I'd paint it just to see people's reactions. Then I'd mail all of them and tell them I want 5% of their resale value for upping their price by destroying a paint job, hah! It's a paint job on a race car for crying out loud! It says Mr. Chevrolet on it and that aint you! I would compare it the guy who took out a loan to buy Barry Bonds home run ball, put an asterisk on it, and then tried to give it to the hall of fame. It's just funny that he got all these spoiled rich people to drive around with his name on their car, aka free advertising. Major props Dick. I see what you did there.
    Last edited by ezwip; 07-02-2008 at 05:50 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

I'm not gonna get in a debate over it, but WTF would you pay $100,000 for a car you don't even like the paint job on. Thats stupidity at its best. I'm just saying they shouldn't be destroyed like that, they should be well taken care of, etc. Repainting that car is just stupid. I'm done...

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    I'm not gonna get in a debate over it, but WTF would you pay $100,000 for a car you don't even like the paint job on. Thats stupidity at its best. I'm just saying they shouldn't be destroyed like that, they should be well taken care of, etc. Repainting that car is just stupid. I'm done...
    X10000291928376218536725472

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    If I am ever wealthy enough I'm going to buy this car, spray paint it, and I'm gonna jump it over a creek like the Duke boys.
    Last edited by ezwip; 07-03-2008 at 12:53 AM.

der König des CyaLataBye the shag's Avatar

Onyx Black
    02 Camaro Z28

Wow guys. Stay on topic much? Haha.

I'd definitely like to see if those rks spoilers really don't cover the factory RS holes. Because from eye measurements they would go right over em.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

ditch the lights and the wing asap

One bad Z

Black
    1999 Z28

The car could do without the wing, but thats ur style not mine.SS spoiler would look sweet with that body kit. The lights wouldnt be bad if they were the carbon fiber ones. Thats just my 2cents.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information