Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Hit my new personal best today 138 mph

This is a discussion on Hit my new personal best today 138 mph within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by shady milkman you sure? i thought it was a federal law thingy. yes I am sure first ...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    you sure? i thought it was a federal law thingy.
    yes I am sure first I ever heard of that being against the law anywhere. See it all the time here with or without cops around.

None

Quote Originally Posted by Fedge View Post
    heh heh, i see you misunderstood my intent. i was being sarcastic because the speed in itself isn't what's dangerous, as proven by the places i named...but i'm sure some of the folks scared of their shadows will benefit from your info

oh and for the record, it's illegal to pass on the right here as well, but since Americans drive like morons half the time (except us sports car drivers, of course), they do not yield to overtaking vehicles and you end up passing on the right anyway. i personally don't like doing it, but i can only hang off of somebody's back bumoer for so long...
    And I do really think it is illegal to pass on the right... but it never gets enforced because we all do it even the cops. There are laws that are not really used still on the books.

Heck in some state in the United States, (I think it starts with a M) trust me on this that it is "Illegal to have sex with a fish". I wish I cound recall the details more.

And NO I never broke that law (the fish) I have passed on the right before
    I am a proud American Moron.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by djvaly View Post
    wouldn't the top speed get lower if running 3.73 vs 3.23?

Who cares??
    I don't ever go any faster than my car allows in 4th gear with 4.11's. I don't/won't go WOT in 5th or 6th.

Thread owner is proud of 138 MPH. Get to 100MPH in an 1/8 mile or 125MPH in the 1/4...then start talking.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post

Who cares??
    I don't ever go any faster than my car allows in 4th gear with 4.11's. I don't/won't go WOT in 5th or 6th.

Thread owner is proud of 138 MPH. Get to 100MPH in an 1/8 mile or 125MPH in the 1/4...then start talking.
    to some racers 125 in the 1/4 is nothing

the fastest I went was 140 I think, then I start getting really scared. I felt like I was space warpping... night time too..

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    to some racers 125 in the 1/4 is nothing
    To you it is.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

To you it is.
    sorry dont care about having a fast 1/4 mile car. Have no plans for mods. Like the occasional rush of top end speed but really just baby my car around, want it to last a long time. IF the 1/4 is your thang go for it.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

the fastest I went was 140 I think, then I start getting really scared. I felt like I was space warpping... night time too..
    The speed doesnt scare me its the chance of blue lights thats worries me

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I am the opposite.

The rush I get is getting to speed quickly...not taking a while to get to it.
    Top speed does nothing for me.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I am the opposite.

I did enough stuff when I was a teen in a car for a rush that will last me a lifetime lol. Now maybe if I had the money and my SS was not my daily driver and I had plenty of $$$$$ to drag race I am sure it would be a different story. Well actually if I had big $$$$ I would be dirt track racing

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I am the opposite.

Werd, I would be much prouder to say my car did 125-130 in the 1/4 instead of the 160-170 top speed they have. Now, if these cars were capable of 200 MPH top speed that would be a nice cool round #, but I don't think I would ever want to see that speed either.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

The speed doesnt scare me its the chance of blue lights thats worries me
    well yeah 140 is not that bad, I meant during night and not too lighted part of highway. it get a little freaky at top speeds... but yeah during the day I think I can stomach 200, one day I'll get a low mile C6 and mod it too , but I keep the TA... going strong at 70k on it.

None

well yeah 140 is not that bad, I meant during night and not too lighted part of highway. it get a little freaky at top speeds... but yeah during the day I think I can stomach 200, one day I'll get a low mile C6 and mod it too , but I keep the TA... going strong at 70k on it.
    Give me the car (new 427 Vette or ...) and I will do 200, or crash whatever
    comes first.

Funny thing I am so scared of heights that I have never been on my own roof
    in over 12 yrs. Yet I would Love the chance at 200mph.

With some room, I wonder where I would top at 147 was so easy and there was plenty more after that. Once I hit any traffic at all I have to slow it down. I have never passed anyone over 100mph (unwilling traffic) when trying to get top speed. Many have been passed over 100mph in the chance of a race, yet only one at a time and he/she gets there chance just as well to pass me. I like to go fast, but we all need to do are best to only kill ones that have signed on the dotted line and or ourselfs. I could not live with killing a family or anything even close to that.

true. I only haul asz 140 or so when I can't see a car in the horizon on none of the lanes... and of course not rain or noting of that sort. and no bald tires to fly off into a ditch. pretty much do it safe.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by SS 2002 533HP View Post
    Give me the car (new 427 Vette or ...) and I will do 200, or crash whatever
    comes first.

Funny thing I am so scared of heights that I have never been on my own roof
    in over 12 yrs. Yet I would Love the chance at 200mph.

With some room, I wonder where I would top at 147 was so easy and there was plenty more after that. Once I hit any traffic at all I have to slow it down. I have never passed anyone over 100mph (unwilling traffic) when trying to get top speed. Many have been passed over 100mph in the chance of a race, yet only one at a time and he/she gets there chance just as well to pass me. I like to go fast, but we all need to do are best to only kill ones that have signed on the dotted line and or ourselfs. I could not live with killing a family or anything even close to that.
    sorry guilty here of passing other cars @ over 100. 1 time i hit 135 and @125 passed a dude on a bike and when i come by him at 125 he bout snapped his neck when i went right by him.....and o yes 200 would be adrineline overload

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Werd, I would be much prouder to say my car did 125-130 in the 1/4 instead of the 160-170 top speed they have. Now, if these cars were capable of 200 MPH top speed that would be a nice cool round #, but I don't think I would ever want to see that speed either.
    2 be honest with u i am just proud to have a SS CAMARO

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

2 be honest with u i am just proud to have a SS CAMARO

And thats a great thing to be proud of as well

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    And thats a great thing to be proud of as well
    When I drove it home I was on cloud 9 ! I felt like a kid who had bought a candy store

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

the thing with top speed is the more you do it the less of a thrill it becomes, after ive been 150 in my 93' formula, going 150 in my 98 T/A didnt seem to have the same rush as the first time, idk i guess its just me but 150 in the 98 wasnt scary at all it was just fun.

Onyx Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I am also guilty of this, I like the feeling of seeing everything around me zoom by at 140+. When I do top speed runs though it's generally about 2-3 a.m. on a Sunday to Monday morning little to no traffic on a 3 or 4 lane interstate, except on one occasion Prom night '01 when i was 16 or 17 my dad let me drive his mustang gt, me and some buddy's where goofing around in our cars and I let them get a head a little bit then passed them hitting around 140 in 5th, "WOW, that was incredible!" I thought, then as I start to slow down I see red and blue blinking lights behind me, GULP, I thought my heart was beating fast before, now it feels like a jackhammers pounding through my chest, so I proceeded to downshift into 4 and mash the pedal as hard as i can into the floor hitting 150-152 for about 5-10 miles, he had shut down his lights after 30 seconds of them being on, but I wanted to make sure I got away, the girlfriend was really pissed about the whole thing though, got to the after party 30 minutes ahead of my friends, who got stuck behind the state trooper that i screamed past

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information