Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Hey guys, its been awhile......!

Hello everyone, just wanted to drop in and share my excitement with some fellow fbody fanatics......Im currently in the market for an ls1, I have been driving this HUGE 1993 lincoln town car for the last year and a half and i finally get to get out of the yacht and into something im much more familiar with....... i have 6k to buy eithier a blk or pewter SS. I have found a few in the area with around 120k for that price (thats pretty good isnt it?) I have had a 02' 35th anniversary SS(may it RIP, dont know if some of you remember, i got rearended by someone going 45-50mph and the car got totalled) and ive also had a 2001 ws6, so im pretty comfortable with the ls1's.......but, its been a few years since i have played with one so i was wondering what are somethings you guys think i should spend extra attention on when looking at them, from what i remember; the ticking sound from bent pushrod (or worse), is it 3rd gear synchros that always wear? im pretty sure it is, also whinning from rearend, cracked door panels, window motors........ thats all i can remember......anything else? thanks for the imput and im sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

red
    2002 camaro 35th anv.

hey man glad to hear it, welcome back! sounds like you know what to look for your on the right track. just remember not to get to excited when your their and keep your head on so you dont make any rational decisions. good luck man, have fun!

White
    2001 RS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    Hello everyone, just wanted to drop in and share my excitement with some fellow fbody fanatics......Im currently in the market for an ls1, I have been driving this HUGE 1993 lincoln town car for the last year and a half and i finally get to get out of the yacht and into something im much more familiar with....... i have 6k to buy eithier a blk or pewter SS. I have found a few in the area with around 120k for that price (thats pretty good isnt it?) I have had a 02' 35th anniversary SS(may it RIP, dont know if some of you remember, i got rearended by someone going 45-50mph and the car got totalled) and ive also had a 2001 ws6, so im pretty comfortable with the ls1's.......but, its been a few years since i have played with one so i was wondering what are somethings you guys think i should spend extra attention on when looking at them, from what i remember; the ticking sound from bent pushrod (or worse), is it 3rd gear synchros that always wear? im pretty sure it is, also whinning from rearend, cracked door panels, window motors........ thats all i can remember......anything else? thanks for the imput and im sooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget those wonderful leaking tops. Mine leaked like crazy till I got it fixed.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Sounds like you have most of the basics, and welcome back from the east bay

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Remember the power window motors that last only a few months, whether you use them or not?

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

thanks for the responses guys!! yeah i did forget the t-tops, and i have come to terms with the window motors, every f-body i've ever had, had either really slow or non functioning window motors lol.

Im looking at a 2000 z28 with a lot of mods, here is a copy of the wat his ad says;

"I'm selling my fully loaded 2000 Camaro Z28 .Car must be gone by the end of the month. I have pink slip in my hands ready to be sold for the right offer. My Car has 13X,XXX mi but work on at 98,xxx mi by Synergy Motorsports in the Bay Area which pulls 450HP+ /410TQ+. Here’s their Website for more information http://www.synergymotorsports.net .The car has an SS Appearance Hood, Highway miles, 6 speed manual, T-Top (great in spring/summer) don't leak. The color is Monterey Metallic Maroon and Ebony interior. Here is a List of the Engine modification to the car: Synergy Motorsport Tuning K&N Cold Air Intake ARF 205cc Heads Redid the exhaust pipe to 3” from engine to back (instead of the stock 2 ¼) High Volume Oil Pump 228/228 114 (custom cam) #30lb Fuel Injectors FAST LSX Manifold Nick William 90mm Throttle Body American Racing Headers w/ High Flow Cats (currently taken off, but still have the cats) Borla ProX’s Muffler Koni Single Adjustable Shocks/Struts Hotchkis Sport Coil Springs Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace Toyo T1R High Performance Tires Here’s the list I got for Audio and Security: Boston Speakers w/ Tweeters all amped by Alpine (4-way) Rockford Punch 10” P3s Subwoofer amped by Rockford Viper 3002 LED 2-way Security System (w/ Additional feathers such as Tilt sensor, glass sensor, interior body heat senor and Viper LED display on windshield) JVC Radio Deck. This is great for 450 horses. If you got questions, interested, or to come see the car in person; please email me at J_Vallejo85@hotmail.com , Or text/call 916-612-3359. Here are some pictures of the car."

-i know it wont pass smog but i can deal with that.......
    -he's asking 10k but i got him down to 7k........

So wat do you guys think? good? bad? I would post a link but im terrible with computers, if you wanna see it, go to sacramento california craigslist and look up camaro ss, its listed as 2000 chevy camaro z28 450hp $10,000, if someone wants to post it in the thread i would really appreciate it.........

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

thanks for the responses guys!! yeah i did forget the t-tops, and i have come to terms with the window motors, every f-body i've ever had, had either really slow or non functioning window motors lol.

Im looking at a 2000 z28 with a lot of mods, here is a copy of the wat his ad says;

"I'm selling my fully loaded 2000 Camaro Z28 .Car must be gone by the end of the month. I have pink slip in my hands ready to be sold for the right offer. My Car has 13X,XXX mi but work on at 98,xxx mi by Synergy Motorsports in the Bay Area which pulls 450HP+ /410TQ+. Here’s their Website for more information http://www.synergymotorsports.net .The car has an SS Appearance Hood, Highway miles, 6 speed manual, T-Top (great in spring/summer) don't leak. The color is Monterey Metallic Maroon and Ebony interior. Here is a List of the Engine modification to the car: Synergy Motorsport Tuning K&N Cold Air Intake ARF 205cc Heads Redid the exhaust pipe to 3” from engine to back (instead of the stock 2 ¼) High Volume Oil Pump 228/228 114 (custom cam) #30lb Fuel Injectors FAST LSX Manifold Nick William 90mm Throttle Body American Racing Headers w/ High Flow Cats (currently taken off, but still have the cats) Borla ProX’s Muffler Koni Single Adjustable Shocks/Struts Hotchkis Sport Coil Springs Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace Toyo T1R High Performance Tires Here’s the list I got for Audio and Security: Boston Speakers w/ Tweeters all amped by Alpine (4-way) Rockford Punch 10” P3s Subwoofer amped by Rockford Viper 3002 LED 2-way Security System (w/ Additional feathers such as Tilt sensor, glass sensor, interior body heat senor and Viper LED display on windshield) JVC Radio Deck. This is great for 450 horses. If you got questions, interested, or to come see the car in person; please email me at J_Vallejo85@hotmail.com , Or text/call 916-612-3359. Here are some pictures of the car."

-i know it wont pass smog but i can deal with that.......
    -he's asking 10k but i got him down to 7k........

So wat do you guys think? good? bad? I would post a link but im terrible with computers, if you wanna see it, go to sacramento california craigslist and look up camaro ss, its listed as 2000 chevy camaro z28 450hp $10,000, if someone wants to post it in the thread i would really appreciate it.........
    Post a link

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

^^^^im terrible with computers, i'll see if i can figure out how^^^^^

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

^^^^im terrible with computers, i'll see if i can figure out how^^^^^
    copy and paste the url

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

How about a 1999 z28 with 129,000 miles, he said he'll take 5k for it.......what do you guys think

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1604304930.html

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Heres the 2000 i asked about in post #6, im kinda skeptical about getting a car with that much work done to it and using as a dd.........

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1610692863.html

Oh and thanks c5z28 i had no idea it was that easy, lol.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

How about a 1999 z28 with 129,000 miles, he said he'll take 5k for it.......what do you guys think

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/1604304930.html
    I thought you didn't want an auto?

This might be to much of a basket case but it's cammed
    http://www.norcal-lsx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70648

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

The 99' z28 is really clean he emailed me better pics, the pics in the ad do it no justice.....

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

I havnt driven an auto ls1 before to be honest (both the ones i had were m6) so i was thinking of test driving it and seeing how big of a difference it is.

Ok the guy with the 99' z28 agreed to sell it to me for $4,600, deal? no deal?
    Last edited by ggino85; 02-21-2010 at 10:46 PM.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Man makes me cry when I think how much I payed for mine.
    Whatever you do don't settle that woulda shoulda coulda voice gets louder as time goes on.

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

Whats the smudge on the front bumper or is that just my vision???

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Man makes me cry when I think how much I payed for mine.
    Whatever you do don't settle that woulda shoulda coulda voice gets louder as time goes on.
    Ya i was shocked when i looked online and saw how cheap some really nice cars were going for..........i guess the new camaro coming out really put a dent in the value of the older ones.

oh and im going to look at the 99' z28 in a little bit, if everything is clean i think i might get it

wish me luck guys......

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    Whats the smudge on the front bumper or is that just my vision???
    for which car, the one with the SS hood or the regular z28? i dont think i see it on either......

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

on the 99 with the ss hood

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Ok guys, I went and looked at the 99 z28 and it was clean!!!!!.......... so i bought it, ....... i paid 4,400 and the car is in really good condition. The interior is imaculate, not a tear or sign of wear in the leather at all. The engine is also in good condition, although it could use a tune up. I drove about two hours away from where i live to get the car and i drove the car back....''heres the kicker'' i get the car back and i pop the hood and i see a small stream (like pinwhole size) of hot water spraying out of a "almost'' invisible crack in the radiator : (! so i now need a radiator, i thought i read somewhere that you could you an LT1 radiator in an ls1, is that true? my buddy has an extra one i could have.

Before i bought it i started it up (a cold start), popped the hood, (listened), let it warm up, drove it around (street/freeway), then stopped popped the hood, (listen/inspect some more) and then proceeded to buy it. How could someone keep a little hole from spraying out coolant/water during that? and then it leak/spray not two hours later?

Thread Information