Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey guys, its been awhile......!

This is a discussion on Hey guys, its been awhile......! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ggino85 Ok guys, I went and looked at the 99 z28 and it was clean!!!!!.......... so i ...

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by ggino85 View Post
    Ok guys, I went and looked at the 99 z28 and it was clean!!!!!.......... so i bought it, ....... i paid 4,400 and the car is in really good condition. The interior is imaculate, not a tear or sign of wear in the leather at all. The engine is also in good condition, although it could use a tune up. I drove about two hours away from where i live to get the car and i drove the car back....''heres the kicker'' i get the car back and i pop the hood and i see a small stream (like pinwhole size) of hot water spraying out of a "almost'' invisible crack in the radiator : (! so i now need a radiator, i thought i read somewhere that you could you an LT1 radiator in an ls1, is that true? my buddy has an extra one i could have.

Before i bought it i started it up (a cold start), popped the hood, (listened), let it warm up, drove it around (street/freeway), then stopped popped the hood, (listen/inspect some more) and then proceeded to buy it. How could someone keep a little hole from spraying out coolant/water during that? and then it leak/spray not two hours later?
    Put an egg in there it actually works
    Can't speak for the lt-1 radiator fitment, but you can also search on norcal there is a guy parting out a few f-bods.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

Ok guys, I went and looked at the 99 z28 and it was clean!!!!!.......... so i bought it, ....... i paid 4,400 and the car is in really good condition. The interior is imaculate, not a tear or sign of wear in the leather at all. The engine is also in good condition, although it could use a tune up. I drove about two hours away from where i live to get the car and i drove the car back....''heres the kicker'' i get the car back and i pop the hood and i see a small stream (like pinwhole size) of hot water spraying out of a "almost'' invisible crack in the radiator : (! so i now need a radiator, i thought i read somewhere that you could you an LT1 radiator in an ls1, is that true? my buddy has an extra one i could have.

Before i bought it i started it up (a cold start), popped the hood, (listened), let it warm up, drove it around (street/freeway), then stopped popped the hood, (listen/inspect some more) and then proceeded to buy it. How could someone keep a little hole from spraying out coolant/water during that? and then it leak/spray not two hours later?

I had the same issue with my radiator is it leaking right next to the battery?
    But any way i picked up a universal radiator for 50 bucks shipped brand new on ebay there really cheap on there.
    But it was hell replacing cause how slanted they are when there mounted

Black
    1998 Z28 and 67 Firebird

Could have just been that the engine hadn't heated up enough to cause the problem at the time .Or you were just THAT unlucky to have it happen exactly in the two hours you drove it home haha. I suggest asking your radiator question in another section of the forum such as External Engine. You may get a quicker and more positive reply there

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

thanks for the input guys, and yes the crack is on the passenger side wright next to the battery,........i posted the lt1 radiator question in general tech so maybe it will get an answer there...... im just kinda bummed out........buy a car and then it have something wrong that i dont know how i missed when i first looked at the car, im retarded.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

so you paid $4400 for a car that is that clean? I wouldnt be too bummed about a radiator leak. You got out cheaper than what you had budgeted for, so looks like you got a few dollars left to fix the leak. Congrats on getting your car, now lets see some pics!!!!!!!!

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    so you paid $4400 for a car that is that clean? I wouldnt be too bummed about a radiator leak. You got out cheaper than what you had budgeted for, so looks like you got a few dollars left to fix the leak. Congrats on getting your car, now lets see some pics!!!!!!!!
    Yea, he was asking 6k for it but the blue book (private party) is a little over 5k, so i told him i would give him 4,600 cash, he said ok, and then when i went to see the car, i test drove it and told him i would give him 4,400 for it, rite now. He said no, hesitated but then talked it over with his fiance and took it..... i definetely feel like i got a pretty good deal, it just sucks to pop the hood of a car you just bought and have this tiny jet stream of hot water shoot directly out at you, when it happened i was like ''awww that cant be good'' lol. I'll post pictures of the car this afternoon, around 3-4pm.

Black
    '98 Z28

Yea, he was asking 6k for it but the blue book (private party) is a little over 5k, so i told him i would give him 4,600 cash, he said ok, and then when i went to see the car, i test drove it and told him i would give him 4,400 for it, rite now. He said no, hesitated but then talked it over with his fiance and took it..... i definetely feel like i got a pretty good deal, it just sucks to pop the hood of a car you just bought and have this tiny jet stream of hot water shoot directly out at you, when it happened i was like ''awww that cant be good'' lol. I'll post pictures of the car this afternoon, around 3-4pm.
    That's karma for ya after shorting him $200 after agreeing on $4600 over the phone.

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    That's karma for ya after shorting him $200 after agreeing on $4600 over the phone.
    Karma my ass! I didnt short him, i asked him if he would take 4,600, i didnt tell him "i'll give you 4,600 for the car" and there were little stuff wrong with the car he didnt tell me about, so after driving two hours to go see the car you better believe im not gonna pay what you told me you would take before i see the cars flaws......

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

you take any pictures yet???

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 10spokess View Post
    you take any pictures yet???
    No its been raining here, I'll take some pics for sure tomorrow......if its not raining.....I have some he emailed me but i dont know how to post them on the site from my email i only know how to do it off my camera (i suck with computers)

pewter
    99 trans am

No its been raining here, I'll take some pics for sure tomorrow......if its not raining.....I have some he emailed me but i dont know how to post them on the site from my email i only know how to do it off my camera (i suck with computers)
    save the images to your computer from your email..then upload them to whatever image hosting site you use and then img-link em to here....wait..that still sounds confusing...

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by needls1again View Post
    save the images to your computer from your email..then upload them to whatever image hosting site you use and then img-link em to here....wait..that still sounds confusing...
    yea it does........i dont have a site that i host images from, thats the part i dont know anything about.....

pewter
    99 trans am

yea it does........i dont have a site that i host images from, thats the part i dont know anything about.....
    sign up for photobucket....once you load the pictures there, if you put your mouse over the pictures, it will pop up a few links....go to the bottom link that says "img code" and copy that....then paste it to your thread on here and the image should be displayed once you post the thread....i dont know how else to explain it, but hopefully you will figure it out.

Red
    1998 Camaro Z28

So what radiator did you end up going with? And you got her up and going yet?

blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by zeetwentyeight View Post
    So what radiator did you end up going with? And you got her up and going yet?
    I got the one my buddy had (it was brand new), I capped off the extra stem and so far it has been working great The car runs really well, it has a couple little squeaks so i changed the a/c and idler tensioners, it helped a lot but i still have a little squeak on a very cold start (after sitting overnight).......I still need to take it to a shop and have the tranny and rear end checked out, just to make sure everything looks as good as it seems. It pulls hard! it grabs second really aggressive/firm, im not sure if its good or bad thats part of the reason i want to have the tranny looked at.

Im gonna register for photobucket or some image hosting site wright now so i can post up pics.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information