Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

He's taking her away today!

This is a discussion on He's taking her away today! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Mr. Hyde is a she? lol...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Mr. Hyde is a she?
    lol

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Smart ass J/K

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

great post tho

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Only car I could consider trading my car in for would be a C6 Z06. And it would be hard even then. I vividly remember driving to a DeKalb dealer so see what SOM was back in 2001. Then admiring a row of WS6's of all different colors, focusing on the one I was there to see. Came back the next day and bought it. The guys cleaning it up were probably 19 at the time and were in awe of it.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

It was a really hard decision too! I did spend considerable time on it, and waivered quite a bit too. At one time I had completely made up my mind to stay with the Camaro.
    But I simply couldn't get the Z06 out of mind...after I drove one..I was hooked.
    I knew then that it was simply a matter of time, and seeing if we could make it fly $$$ wise.
    Funny thing, I said to my wife yesterday evening, "I feel funny calling another car Mr. Hyde now but I'm going to have to get used to it", as I looked out of our bedroom window where the original Mr. Hyde was always parked, now replaced by the Z06.
    It was a bit strange not seeing that ominous black car lurking outside our bedroom window just waiting to shatter the neighborhood peacefulness with the bark of it's voice from those LT headers.
    The Z06 is everything any of us could ever want in a car and I'm a foolish old man for even missing the old relic of a girl, but the heart is a foolish thing.
    I'm NEVER one to boast, and I'm sure most of you are wondering that if I could afford a brand new Z06, that wasn't there some way I could have managed to keep both cars?
    Of course I could...but there's a little verse in the Bible that talks about not storing up treasures on Earth that thieves can break into, or rust can destroy and so on...
    and I happen to read and believe the Good Book. 'nuff said

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by mr. Hyde View Post
    it was a really hard decision too! I did spend considerable time on it, and waivered quite a bit too. At one time i had completely made up my mind to stay with the camaro.
    But i simply couldn't get the z06 out of mind...after i drove one..i was hooked.
    I knew then that it was simply a matter of time, and seeing if we could make it fly $$$ wise.
    Funny thing, i said to my wife yesterday evening, "i feel funny calling another car mr. Hyde now but i'm going to have to get used to it", as i looked out of our bedroom window where the original mr. Hyde was always parked, now replaced by the z06.
    It was a bit strange not seeing that ominous black car lurking outside our bedroom window just waiting to shatter the neighborhood peacefulness with the bark of it's voice from those lt headers.
    The z06 is everything any of us could ever want in a car and i'm a foolish old man for even missing the old relic of a girl, but the heart is a foolish thing.
    I'm never one to boast, and i'm sure most of you are wondering that if i could afford a brand new z06, that wasn't there some way i could have managed to keep both cars?
    Of course i could...but there's a little verse in the bible that talks about not storing up treasures on earth that thieves can break into, or rust can destroy and so on...
    And i happen to read and believe the good book. 'nuff said
    amen brother!!!!

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - OEM

2017 Silverado Z71 5.3 - OEM

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

I would do the same thing you did if the money was there... I love the new Z, prob my favorite car of all time and I have never driven one... Funny thing is that used to be the same way I felt about the SS back in high school, was my favorite car, always made one on chevy's website just to dream- now it's my daily driver.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    P.S. Pics will be posted on Wed. (my weekend) They're not developed yet. Old school I know
    Pics or ban

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Not the best pics, wrong time of the day to take them, but he was here to take her away. Can't shoot into the sun...
    Last edited by Mr. Hyde; 11-20-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Well the guy who bought Mr. Hyde check from his bank finally arrived yesterday, and I took it to the bank to verify the funds, and to see if they'd release the hold on it. He's been wanting to come from Oregon to pick her up, and we've both just been waiting for the arrival of that check.
    They released the hold [actually they were not going to put one on it] and I called him to say "Come and get yer car!" He was pretty excited.
    So I took Mr. Hyde out of the the neighbors driveway where I keep her, and drove it down the street one last time, thinking "I'm actually driving someone else's car right now, it's paid for, I have his money in my account, this is NOT my car anymore." I brought it up the street, parked it behind the Vette, and decided to give her one last bath. I wanted to send her off nice and clean.
    When we buy a car, we kinda expect her to be clean, don't we boys?
    So, you know that during that last bath, the flood of memories started to hit me...the morning the LS1 broke a rod..the morning I first heard the new LS6 rumbling away with that cam at the shop..the first C5 Z06 I beat...the endless thumbs up from people..the list goes on.
    Got a little sentimental there for a few moments.
    Then I let my eyes roll over to the new Z06 and remembered that I carefully weighed this decision out over the course of a lot of time.
    When he does come and get her drive today, and drive off in her, I suppose that another chapter will be closed, and a new one will be opened.
    I'm hoping to snap a few shots of the event, and the official changing of the Plate from the Camaro to the Vette so I can post them here soon.
    So for today, in memory of Mr. Hyde, I'm going to change my Avatar back to her. To all of you guys who have watched a loved one go...you know what I mean when I say....
    "Better to have had and loved, then to never have had at all..."
    dude....tears!

Black
    2002 Camaro SS SLP

Not the best pics, wrong time of the day to take them, but he was here to take her away. Can't shoot into the sun...
    Soooo nice.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

white size wheels did you put on it??

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    white size wheels did you put on it??
    If I remember correctly they were 20's...they looked badass on the car! Both mean looking rides good luck with the Vette man!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Thank you all Guys...and thanks also for your patience on the pics. They really didn't turn out well at all. That one on the left was Cliff taking her home, and that handsome guy on the right pic between the two ladies is yours truly lol Smokin' Joe is correct up there, those are 20's on her!
    The Vette's going into the Computer Doctor tomorrow morning for a LITTLE playing..nothing serious, I can't stand the 1-4 skip shift, I got rid of that right away with the Camaro, and forgot what a PAIN it was, so we're going to do away with that, and I'm going to have him overide the exhaust valve solenoid so the valves stay open all the time.
    That's it, nothing more for now. I'll also have them throw the thing in the air just so I can get under it, I'm dying to see what see looks like underneith <correct spelling? the car, so we'll do a 1,000 mile break in excuse for me to get under it oil change too.

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Man , I don't know . That ole Mr.Hyde looked awfully good.Which ones the fastest?Momma's gonna miss that back seat when ya'll tour.Thats where all her stuff goes .
    Love that blue,what color's the interior?1000 miles? No way Hozaa! Maybe 4 or 500 & and an oil change, then redline baby !You lucky dog!We can tell already that in a month or so your gonna forget all about the old Mr.Hyde.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information