Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

He's taking her away today!

Well the guy who bought Mr. Hyde check from his bank finally arrived yesterday, and I took it to the bank to verify the funds, and to see if they'd release the hold on it. He's been wanting to come from Oregon to pick her up, and we've both just been waiting for the arrival of that check.
    They released the hold [actually they were not going to put one on it] and I called him to say "Come and get yer car!" He was pretty excited.
    So I took Mr. Hyde out of the the neighbors driveway where I keep her, and drove it down the street one last time, thinking "I'm actually driving someone else's car right now, it's paid for, I have his money in my account, this is NOT my car anymore." I brought it up the street, parked it behind the Vette, and decided to give her one last bath. I wanted to send her off nice and clean.
    When we buy a car, we kinda expect her to be clean, don't we boys?
    So, you know that during that last bath, the flood of memories started to hit me...the morning the LS1 broke a rod..the morning I first heard the new LS6 rumbling away with that cam at the shop..the first C5 Z06 I beat...the endless thumbs up from people..the list goes on.
    Got a little sentimental there for a few moments.
    Then I let my eyes roll over to the new Z06 and remembered that I carefully weighed this decision out over the course of a lot of time.
    When he does come and get her drive today, and drive off in her, I suppose that another chapter will be closed, and a new one will be opened.
    I'm hoping to snap a few shots of the event, and the official changing of the Plate from the Camaro to the Vette so I can post them here soon.
    So for today, in memory of Mr. Hyde, I'm going to change my Avatar back to her. To all of you guys who have watched a loved one go...you know what I mean when I say....
    "Better to have had and loved, then to never have had at all..."

Black
    2000 Z-28

So bittersweet

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Well the guy who bought Mr. Hyde check from his bank finally arrived yesterday, and I took it to the bank to verify the funds, and to see if they'd release the hold on it. He's been wanting to come from Oregon to pick her up, and we've both just been waiting for the arrival of that check.
    They released the hold [actually they were not going to put one on it] and I called him to say "Come and get yer car!" He was pretty excited.
    So I took Mr. Hyde out of the the neighbors driveway where I keep her, and drove it down the street one last time, thinking "I'm actually driving someone else's car right now, it's paid for, I have his money in my account, this is NOT my car anymore." I brought it up the street, parked it behind the Vette, and decided to give her one last bath. I wanted to send her off nice and clean.
    When we buy a car, we kinda expect her to be clean, don't we boys?
    So, you know that during that last bath, the flood of memories started to hit me...the morning the LS1 broke a rod..the morning I first heard the new LS6 rumbling away with that cam at the shop..the first C5 Z06 I beat...the endless thumbs up from people..the list goes on.
    Got a little sentimental there for a few moments.
    Then I let my eyes roll over to the new Z06 and remembered that I carefully weighed this decision out over the course of a lot of time.
    When he does come and get her drive today, and drive off in her, I suppose that another chapter will be closed, and a new one will be opened.
    I'm hoping to snap a few shots of the event, and the official changing of the Plate from the Camaro to the Vette so I can post them here soon.
    So for today, in memory of Mr. Hyde, I'm going to change my Avatar back to her. To all of you guys who have watched a loved one go...you know what I mean when I say....
    "Better to have had and loved, then to never have had at all..."

theres still time lol cancle the sale and keep both lol DONT DO IT MAN JUST DONT DO IT LOL
    congrats on the vet though those are nice just somethin about the maro though i dont think I or my wife will ever let the maro go

NBM
    99 TA

i think you made the right decision... JSB Z06 is about as bad-ass as it gets

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

A new vette is great medicine for seller's remorse :-). Enjoy your new car!

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

a jet stream blue Z06 is my current dream car...... I'd trade my SS for one any day.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Well...She's gone. I took a few pics of the "girls" together, both the Vette and the Camaro. Plus him with his new toy, and him driving her away. He was really happy to get in her, even after a rough flight, he got his paperwork, signed here and there and said, "Okay, where's the keys, I'm anxious to get behind the wheel!"
    You know...those are the best words I could have ever heard at that moment.

Well...She's gone. I'll miss her.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    Well...She's gone. I took a few pics of the "girls" together, both the Vette and the Camaro. Plus him with his new toy, and him driving her away. He was really happy to get in her, even after a rough flight, he got his paperwork, signed here and there and said, "Okay, where's the keys, I'm anxious to get behind the wheel!"
    You know...those are the best words I could have ever heard at that moment.

Well...She's gone. I'll miss her.
    Did you tell him to become a member here so you can keep in touch at least?! Sad to see her go but atleast you have a hot young number waiting to give you a ride any time you want

2018 Tahoe - Silver - OEM

2008 Z06 - Velocity Yellow - BBE exhuast - Airaid CAI **sold**

2002 Z06 - Electron Blue Metallic - D1 - E85 - 701 rwhp 687 rwtq **sold**

2002 Z28: M6 NBM - cam and boltons - 396rwhp 357 rwtq **sold**

black
    99 z28 a4

it is good to be you...lol whamp on the ls7 yet? or still working out that new car sent...lol

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I'm kinda pissed at myself, because while I was waiting for his flight to arrive, and getting the spare tire back in the car, finding the tire jack, etc...I was thinking "remember to tell him about the site, so he can become a member and we can all keep in touch that way" Well, you guys know I get up at 1am and go to bed at 6pm. He didn't even show up until about that time (hear the excuses starting) and you guesssed it, I forgot to tell him. But, I still have his cell, and I am going to call him in about a week, and I'll tell him then.
    I DID romp on her in 2nd to about 6 grand then held in 3rd until about 5500 shifted into forth and looked at the speedo....118!
    Fast car.
    Think about it...3rd gear is good for over 120 at redline.
    Boogles the mind.
    "It was all therapuetic Officer, I was grieving a loss you see, I had just lost a loved one in the form of a 2001 SS Camaro and hey what are those handcuffs for?"

"One foot on the brake, and one on the gas
    well there's too much traffic, I can't pass..."

black
    99 z28 a4

... thats what talkin about...lol

NBM
    99 TA

so wheres the pics?

Black
    2002 ss Convertible

Vetts are great (owned a 1979 L-82) and I'd love to have a new Z-06. But....Corvettes seemed to be a dime a dozen on the road. FireHawks and SS's don't roll by to offen in my area. Given the chance to let my SS go and PAY for a new Z-06 to replace it would be a tough decision. I would only hope that I would be able to own both.

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    so wheres the pics?

best of luck with the vette......I know the feeling...i've cried seeing my 91 t/a pull away cause i couldn't keep my 78, 83, 93 and the 91, and even when i sold my 240sx.

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

Quote Originally Posted by Joe00SS View Post
    yea this sad story of a awesome car. but happy for another guy nice very nice but where r the pics

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Well written post. The guy who I bought my car from works my job on dayshift. so I get to talk to him for about an hour a day. He had her for about 6 years and just put a hood on her. While in the 3/4 of the year Ive had it ive modded the piss outta it and done stuff he thought about doing. I admit after putting a lot of miles on her she is looking worse but nothing a buffer wont fix. I cant get rid of her for nothing. Vette included.

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

If anything ever happens to my car and I can't keep it I'm going to upgrade to a vette.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by jd2002ss View Post
    Vetts are great (owned a 1979 L-82) and I'd love to have a new Z-06. But....Corvettes seemed to be a dime a dozen on the road. FireHawks and SS's don't roll by to offen in my area. Given the chance to let my SS go and PAY for a new Z-06 to replace it would be a tough decision. I would only hope that I would be able to own both.
    Quite true that often people would say to me as I was putting gas in her,
    "Nice car...what is it?"
    I really enjoyed that, just due to the scarcity of the cars.

For the record..I did ask my Sales Rep Steve about them just GIVING me the new Z06 as opposed to me PAYING for it. he did that, "Let me go run that past the boss" thing that they do whenever you are negotiating a deal over a new car thing...it was close, but he said "No sir, you're going to have to pay for the car"

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

P.S. Pics will be posted on Wed. (my weekend) They're not developed yet. Old school I know

Thread Information