Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

HELP!!!Windshield to T-top gap!!!

This is a discussion on HELP!!!Windshield to T-top gap!!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 310stanger that explains it lol the insurance company gets the cheapest company to do it. The moulding ...

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    that explains it lol the insurance company gets the cheapest company to do it.
    The moulding along the top of the windshield is installed by the manufacturer. Then it is shipped to the shop and they install it. I think that the manufacturer is not centering the moulding and this is causing the windshield to fit off center. I am sure, well, I hope the windshield from GM is better quality.

white
    97 Camaro Z28

Hey man I just registered and had been reading your whole situation, sorry bout that. Iinstalled glass for 10 years and can tell you the moulding does not come installed on that windsheild from the factory. The whole problem you are having is with the installers, period, they just dont know what they are doing and telling you excuses to make it look like they are not at fault. and with the insurance company you can call them tell them what has happened and if you want they have to get a different company to do the job. and also if you just like picking a bodyshop you can also pick a glass company. speaking from experiance i would get someone else to do it

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by suprman21 View Post
    Hey man I just registered and had been reading your whole situation, sorry bout that. Iinstalled glass for 10 years and can tell you the moulding does not come installed on that windsheild from the factory. The whole problem you are having is with the installers, period, they just dont know what they are doing and telling you excuses to make it look like they are not at fault. and with the insurance company you can call them tell them what has happened and if you want they have to get a different company to do the job. and also if you just like picking a bodyshop you can also pick a glass company. speaking from experiance i would get someone else to do it
    Thanks for the info. I think I am going to call my insurance company and tell them what is going on.

So the moulding doesn't come on the windshield? Do the installers have to glue it on?

white
    97 Camaro Z28

most just push on the windsheild and the urethane(the glue that holds the glass in place)should also touch the moulding in order to hold it also. If you dont know of any good glass companies I would ask around because there are a lot of fly by night companies out there. I can also say the big chain companies are not always best either it all depends on the installer himself

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information