Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Help me decide!!

This is a discussion on Help me decide!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by secondgearscratch this pureness crap is overrated. if it works, use it. i wouldnt hesitate to use a ...

BLT4SPD

black (SS), red (57)
    2002 cam SS. 57 Pro St

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    this pureness crap is overrated. if it works, use it. i wouldnt hesitate to use a ford rear or fuel injectors. they work....for cheap.
    I agree.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

and contrary to stupid commentary, cheap is the name of MY game, and i will make it work for sure. you just have to know what can be used and get a good deal on the best stuff.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

Z28_SS, what happened with your clutch? Anyhting major, or did it just crap out?

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    Z28_SS, what happened with your clutch? Anyhting major, or did it just crap out?
    he probably got so excited from reading our posts he powershifted his way out of the stock one and into the shop!

just a theory.....

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

he probably got so excited from reading our posts he powershifted his way out of the stock one and into the shop!

just a theory.....
    damn, getting an internet Hard-On, that's a new one...

SGS, downloading my dyno run i did on May 5th, 2007. i put down 408.7/385.6, respectively. ill hook you up with the link once it's good to go...

Pewter
    2000 z28

damn, getting an internet Hard-On, that's a new one...

SGS, downloading my dyno run i did on May 5th, 2007. i put down 408.7/385.6, respectively. ill hook you up with the link once it's good to go...
    good deal ss....did you get the new cam in yet. out of curiosity...is there any reason you make more hp than tq with your set ups?

its an extremely bad ass list of mods...good work for sure!

i hope i hit 400/400 like you man!

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

good deal ss....did you get the new cam in yet. out of curiosity...is there any reason you make more hp than tq with your set ups?

its an extremely bad ass list of mods...good work for sure!

i hope i hit 400/400 like you man!
    generally you will always make more HP than TQ, as for why, i will actually have to research that. i know part of the reason is because of running a smaller cam. by going to a slightly larger cam you can increase TQ to an extent, same with intake swaps i believe. another way to increase TQ would be to run a true dual exhaust setup, that would prolly give me 10ft lbs are the rear if i did that. better exhaust scavaging...

i do not have the TSP 231/237 or the FAST 90/90 installed (this will happen in Aug. after i pass my annual state inspection), so the run is with the Ls6 intake and my 224 cam/current mods...

here's the link...

Pewter
    2000 z28

generally you will always make more HP than TQ, as for why, i will actually have to research that. i know part of the reason is because of running a smaller cam. by going to a slightly larger cam you can increase TQ to an extent, same with intake swaps i believe. another way to increase TQ would be to run a true dual exhaust setup, that would prolly give me 10ft lbs are the rear if i did that. better exhaust scavaging...

i do not have the TSP 231/237 or the FAST 90/90 installed (this will happen in Aug. after i pass my annual state inspection), so the run is with the Ls6 intake and my 224 cam/current mods...

here's the link...
    DAMN!!! that thing sounds vicious!!! great stuff for sure. too bad you couldnt run it with at least the 90/90 on it, would have made alot of difference but still amazing nonetheless. that new cam is gonna scream!!! god that car is awesome...you have to take it to the track.....i have to know what it traps!!!

just wow....

im thinking low 11s when its all said and done on drag radials with a good launch...oh yeah!

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

DAMN!!! that thing sounds vicious!!! great stuff for sure. too bad you couldnt run it with at least the 90/90 on it, would have made alot of difference but still amazing nonetheless. that new cam is gonna scream!!! god that car is awesome...you have to take it to the track.....i have to know what it traps!!!

just wow....

im thinking low 11s when its all said and done on drag radials with a good launch...oh yeah!
    it was the loudest car there until LG started up their full race car C6 vette with open headers. i out dyno'd new C6 vettes, some C5's, and there was only one other SS there and he put down 427/406...everyone was watching the screen on my first run and for the second run they came out to see which car was so loud. alot of people came up and asked me my setup after they parked it. i gave a group of HS boys all hard ons. One of them is the one who asked if my car was sprayed...lol

as for running low 11's, im not sure. i would think high 11's/low 12's. need the driver mod. i haven't been to a track since i ran my old LT1 at KCIR in 2002...

im going to Ennis on May 25th so hopefully i can do something decent in 2 weeks...

dont forget to rate my run...

Pewter
    2000 z28

it was the loudest car there until LG started up their full race car C6 vette with open headers. i out dyno'd new C6 vettes, some C5's, and there was only one other SS there and he put down 427/406...everyone was watching the screen on my first run and for the second run they came out to see which car was so loud. alot of people came up and asked me my setup after they parked it. i gave a group of HS boys all hard ons. One of them is the one who asked if my car was sprayed...lol

as for running low 11's, im not sure. i would think high 11's/low 12's. need the driver mod. i haven't been to a track since i ran my old LT1 at KCIR in 2002...

im going to Ennis on May 25th so hopefully i can do something decent in 2 weeks...
    youre just being modest...that car will have WAY more in it than you know. cutting short times is what is most important...thats really the difference between high 11s and low IMO. you'll do it.

KCIR.....

you mean kansas city raceway? if you do, ive thought about going there alot, but i dont know if thats what you meant....

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

youre just being modest...that car will have WAY more in it than you know. cutting short times is what is most important...thats really the difference between high 11s and low IMO. you'll do it.

KCIR.....

you mean kansas city raceway? if you do, ive thought about going there alot, but i dont know if thats what you meant....
    KCIR, Kansas City International Raceway. You got it. I grew up in KC and have bene to KCIR many times. Did the HS drags in my dads '69 SS vert, and my '95 z28. Seen the jet cars run there, etc. It's there in Raytown off 350 hwy...

Pewter
    2000 z28

KCIR, Kansas City International Raceway. You got it. I grew up in KC and have bene to KCIR many times. Did the HS drags in my dads '69 SS vert, and my '95 z28. Seen the jet cars run there, etc. It's there in Raytown off 350 hwy...
    yep i know exactly where its at...well shit you said you were planning for august??? i should be pretty far along on the car, so maybe i'll try to hit that up if you decide when youre going. hell if you ever wanna go to gateway let me know, thats where i will be for the most part because its closer...

havent ran this one at the track yet...i'll probably suck it up this time around, its been so long. i didnt know you grew up in KC, thats cool. i get up there a good amount but usually to columbia to cruise around and go to mizzou....to party a little.

'12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

yep i know exactly where its at...well shit you said you were planning for august??? i should be pretty far along on the car, so maybe i'll try to hit that up if you decide when youre going. hell if you ever wanna go to gateway let me know, thats where i will be for the most part because its closer...

havent ran this one at the track yet...i'll probably suck it up this time around, its been so long. i didnt know you grew up in KC, thats cool. i get up there a good amount but usually to columbia to cruise around and go to mizzou....to party a little.
    yep, born and raised in Shawnee Mission/Overland Park for 25 years and have been all over that town. Moved to Dallas to years ago right before I turned 26. Turn 28 next month. Went to KSU for college and then moved back to OP when I got my first job right after i graduated from KSU. I will be up in KC from June 29th-July 8th or so...

Pewter
    2000 z28

yep, born and raised in Shawnee Mission/Overland Park for 25 years and have been all over that town. Moved to Dallas to years ago right before I turned 26. Turn 28 next month. Went to KSU for college and then moved back to OP when I got my first job right after i graduated from KSU. I will be up in KC from June 29th-July 8th or so...
    im pretty familiar with overland park as my aunt lives there.....probably wont be far on it by july because of my little run in with the justice system for street racing (cuz im fast and furious ya know) and this will run me a HEAVY fine. 46 over is not something you can just pay and call it a day, lawyers will be involved...plus i owe 4k on my car and i need it to be payed off. but as quickly as i spend it i can make it...one of the perks of not really giving a shit either way. i'll probably see ya at some track sometime...

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by niterydr View Post
    Thanks for clearing things up about the price of the 9" ford. When I suggested a 9" ford rear for this guy, I was trying to tell him which way to go for the cheapest amount of money and still have a good product. I knew that some people were going to give me crap and say why put a ford product in a chevy but the ford 9" is one hell of a bargain and I guarantee it will last just as long as the moser. I am not a ford fan but the 9" ford rearend is one thing that they did get right.
    you forgot the new gen mustangs and the pinto............................. j/k

Red
    98 SS Camaro

i guess the tranny and cluthed just crapped on me after time, i mean the car has 75 thousand miles and never has had those things changed. It locks me out of 1st gear sometimes, it is staring to grind alot going into first when the clutch is in all the way, it wont let me into reverse, itll spit the shifter at me sometimes trying to go into first, and from it makes an annoying rattle that my dad said was from the throw out bearing, so.... he goes, your getting a new tranny and clutch before your cam.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

does anyone recommend these people for having my transmission rebuilt and if so what is a good package to go with fromt them?

http://0174de9.netsolstores.com/

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    does anyone recommend these people for having my transmission rebuilt and if so what is a good package to go with fromt them?

http://0174de9.netsolstores.com/
    thats one of the only places id recommend.....

do it!

Red
    98 SS Camaro

which package from them would be pretty good to buy, because they have a few different ones?

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    which package from them would be pretty good to buy, because they have a few different ones?
    stage one would be fine and the stage 1 + would be even better. you gotta pay to play and t56 rebuilds makes em badass!!!

i thought you just had a slipping clutch?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information