Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 133

Help me decide!!

This is a discussion on Help me decide!! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Z28_SS and how would i go about fixing that. take it to a trans shop...unless you are ...

  1. #41
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    and how would i go about fixing that.
    take it to a trans shop...unless you are the shit with trans. while your at it..just rebuild the whole trans..about 600-900 to make it damn near bullet proof

  2. #42
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    take it to a trans shop...unless you are the shit with trans. while your at it..just rebuild the whole trans..about 600-900 to make it damn near bullet proof
    ^^+1. im with shady. if it was your syncros it would just grind going into gear, but if it wont stay in gear then its new shift fork time.

    t56rebuilds.com...........

  3. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    south ga
    Posts
    7

    red
    2001 ss camaro

    dude, you cant put a carb on that car....no clearence where the windsheild comes down, and you'd have to put a crank trigger setup on it to fire the coils, they make them for the LS1 but the carb still wont fit in the car

  4. #44
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by bandit6319 View Post
    dude, you cant put a carb on that car....no clearence where the windsheild comes down, and you'd have to put a crank trigger setup on it to fire the coils, they make them for the LS1 but the carb still wont fit in the car
    carb? where did a carb get mentioned in this thread?

  5. #45
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    carb? where did a carb get mentioned in this thread?
    in his very 1st post, that started this entire thread...

    oh, and look specifically at post #4...

    the doors of the bus are open for you, my friend, won't you join us...


  6. #46
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    in his very 1st post, that started this entire thread...

    oh, and look specifically at post #4...

    the doors of the bus are open for you, my friend, won't you join us...

    damnit. confused this with another thread.....

    idiot.

  7. #47
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    and sswt is the bus driver

  8. #48
    BLT4SPD
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    76

    black (SS), red (57)
    2002 cam SS. 57 Pro St

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    I love your analogy

    Well i do have the lt headers from pacesetter along with the ory. i just have the stock muffler.

    I feel like such a newbie sometimes but what is lsa.
    Just curious......why do you still have the stock muffler if you changed the rest of your exhaust?

  9. #49
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    Because im 16 years old, my parents dont pay for anything of mine and i dont poop money...

  10. #50
    King 0f n00bz shady milkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Shepherd, Michigan
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,775

    blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    Because im 16 years old, my parents dont pay for anything of mine and i dont poop money...
    true but it probably would have been wise to save up for the complete cat back system but your fine, i was 16 once and i loved my t/a...so i know where you are coming from

  11. #51
    BLT4SPD
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    76

    black (SS), red (57)
    2002 cam SS. 57 Pro St

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    Because im 16 years old, my parents dont pay for anything of mine and i dont poop money...
    Yes, I understand that.....when I was 16 my parents didn't pay for nothing either because they didn't poop money, much less give it to me so I could blow it on my hotrod. What I am trying to say is.......you are asking questions about differnent things to do to your car, which is not a bad thing. IMO, my suggestion is to finish one job at the time and you will end up with better results. You can purchase a good used or new high performance muffler on the internet for relatively nothing and it will complete your exhaust system making it flow better and sound better.

  12. #52
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    and sswt is the bus driver
    you better believe it...

  13. #53
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    9,287

    '12 Silver SS 1SS
    '00 Black SS #8617

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    Because im 16 years old, my parents dont pay for anything of mine and i dont poop money...
    i was in the same boat my friend when i was 16. worked 3-4 jobs each summer and worked my way up the chain of cars. it is my hope that you apprecaite everything you own and that you take care of it all...

    it gets frustrating when you see your friends or other people being given stuff while you bust your ass to get what you. it makes you a better person in the long run because you learn the value of things, and to be happy with what you have instead of always wanting more, more, more...

  14. #54
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    yeah i know exactly what you mean. All my friends get new cars, they have new 350z's, new mustangs and so forth. But the ss camaro has always been one of my dream american cars, and im so happy with it. Its alot more rewarding when i work for something and put it on myself, instead of having my parents buy it all for me.

    I was talking to a friend who is a little more educated in cars then i am and i told him i was about to buy the whole cam and he told me instead of doing that it was alot smarter to buy new heads before the cam. Does anyone have input on this?

  15. #55
    no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,463

    Pewter
    2000 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    yeah i know exactly what you mean. All my friends get new cars, they have new 350z's, new mustangs and so forth. But the ss camaro has always been one of my dream american cars, and im so happy with it. Its alot more rewarding when i work for something and put it on myself, instead of having my parents buy it all for me.

    I was talking to a friend who is a little more educated in cars then i am and i told him i was about to buy the whole cam and he told me instead of doing that it was alot smarter to buy new heads before the cam. Does anyone have input on this?
    yeah i have some input....tell him to give you some money!

    honestly, this cam is one where you will need a better flowing head. its a given when you get past a certain lift. there are many options abound, all of which will depend on your financial situation. the least expensive alternative is to get your stock heads ported and flow tested to match your cam specs. this will make a damn good amount of power for a reasonable machining fee.
    you can buy a set of ported ls6 heads which are about 1000 bucks from texas speed which will give you a shot load of power! the rest of the options get expensive, such as patriot stage 3 heads or air flow research. it all depends on the chamber size and the port angles and (unfortunately) the price. but most importantly you have to determine what you want out of this car. also, a solid tune will correct alot of things and cause a HUGE increase in power and drivability.

    look in to head porting and milling....bring back your findings.

  16. #56
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    my ultamite goal for this car is to make it a monster on the track. I want to get it down there as fast as possible and do it on 2 tires....i know the wheels lifting up is a bad thing, but it looks cool....pretty much what im looking at is i have about a thousand to blow. I dont yet want to do gears. I want to start doing engine work and doing things im really going to notice a difference with since it isnt often that i get to throw new things on my baby

  17. #57
    BLT4SPD
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    north carolina
    Posts
    76

    black (SS), red (57)
    2002 cam SS. 57 Pro St

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    my ultamite goal for this car is to make it a monster on the track. I want to get it down there as fast as possible and do it on 2 tires....i know the wheels lifting up is a bad thing, but it looks cool....pretty much what im looking at is i have about a thousand to blow. I dont yet want to do gears. I want to start doing engine work and doing things im really going to notice a difference with since it isnt often that i get to throw new things on my baby
    I know that you want to do a lot of engine work but if you have a thousand bucks to work with then IMO you really should put some gears in this ride. This is a relatively cheap mod and the biggest bang for the buck you can get. And trust me, this is one mod you are damn sure going to notice the difference in..... right off the bat!

  18. #58
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    If I were you I'd think about the suspension 1st and the driveline 2nd. All that power will do you no good if you can't put it to the ground. A stone stock LS1 does really nice burnouts. That's cuz it's overpowering the tires and suspension and it ain't hooking up. SFC's followed by a T/A and maybe a better rear end. Stickier tires too. Then think about making more power. Beef the motor now and start racing it and I guaranty you that you'll break something like the tranny tailshaft or rear gears.

  19. #59
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    when i ran the codes on my door, it said they sent away my car to slp for and upgraded suspension... idk if that helps?

  20. #60
    Member Z28_SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    282

    Red
    98 SS Camaro

    also, im the second owner and ill probably take a look at it today or tommarow, but my clutch feels like it is 50 pounds and doesnt feel stock at all so i think i should take a look at it..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Can't decide on a car...
    By gskomes in forum General Help
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-09-2014, 05:23 PM
  2. please help 402.408, or 418 cant decide
    By adam0321 in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM
  3. I cant decide!!!
    By 1QuickLS1 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
  4. Help me decide?
    By foshizl in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-09-2008, 11:33 AM
  5. please help me decide what to do next!
    By allforspeed in forum Nitrous
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •