Results 1 to 11 of 11

Headlight Question - Just installed projectors..

This is a discussion on Headlight Question - Just installed projectors.. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I just bought these headlights. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem= The low beam output is just ok. Do I need to aim them better ...

  1. #1
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Question Headlight Question - Just installed projectors..

    I just bought these headlights.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

    The low beam output is just ok. Do I need to aim them better and they will resemble stock, or am I correct in thinking that the H3 is not very good... I hope not, I really like the way these look too. I was also thinking if I could add HID to the low beam setup on these lights. Can I order an H3 HID kit that is of good quality and install it? Thanks for the help, I was thinking about these HIDs but not jumping the gun just yet if I can aim these a little better.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...spagenameZWDVW

  2. #2
    SS-EIAN SSNAKEATER23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    616

    SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

    I would have just went with HID's. They are plug and play no mess of fuss, and they look great!!!!
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

  3. #3
    Member Sayed_000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Middle East - Bahrain
    Posts
    257

    Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

    i have aftermarket headlights and i installed Hid on them ..

    plug&play

    here is a picture of H1 - 6000k :

  4. #4
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Quote Originally Posted by SSNAKEATER23 View Post
    I would have just went with HID's. They are plug and play no mess of fuss, and they look great!!!!
    I def. would have but the projectors with HIDs I found did not say who made the bulbs, etc. I didn't want something that would have broken in a week or something. So what can I fit in the projector spot, it came with H3 bulbs, do I need H3's or can I put H1's or factory size in there for HID? Thanks.

    Would a 100w H3 bulb work or be any better? Or would H3 HID be the best option for me.. Thanks!
    Last edited by aerojt; 04-16-2009 at 02:33 PM.

  5. #5
    Mike The Guz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lawndale, CA
    Posts
    633

    Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

    I had those projectors for awhile. The H3 bulb sucks when it comes to using it as a headlight. Its used mostly for fog lights which is ok. But as a headlight its not that great. I ended up selling them. I ran HIDs in mine and the light output was to narrow. I found it hard to see at times. The stock lights have much better light output than these. THE HID bulb is better than the halogen bulb. The sonar projectors are better since they use an H1 bulb wich is better.
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

  6. #6
    SS Driver aerojt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    553

    Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

    Just sent you a pm on tech. Does anyone know of any Sonar H1s that are black??

  7. #7
    Likes twisty roads bene's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England but from TX
    Posts
    803

    Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    Just sent you a pm on tech. Does anyone know of any Sonar H1s that are black??
    I have one black. I've posted pictures of it as well.

  8. #8
    Member nillam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    392

    Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Thumbs up H1 hid halo projectors!

    These have the H1 bulb, I got them on ebay also! I then added a 20000K DEEP blue HID kit to them. With the projector they look awesome. I also added a blue 194 smd LED bulb between the high's and low's! It came with an ugly halogen 194 bulb in the driving light between the halo's. The pic does not do justice the halo rings are blue and the middle LED is very blue. The 3 Led's on the outside edge are white. There not the CCFL halo's but cheaper and good looking, I think! I have seen these in black also. Mine are the chrome ones I will add a pic of them in the daytime as well.
    Last edited by nillam1; 05-11-2009 at 10:32 PM.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

  9. #9
    おれわCamaroがいじん! chaosinfinite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Age
    31
    Posts
    198

    Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    These have the H1 bulb, I got them on ebay also! I then added a 20000K DEEP blue HID kit to them. With the projector they look awesome. I also added a blue 194 smd LED bulb between the high's and low's! It came with an ugly halogen 194 bulb in the driving light between the halo's. The pic does not do justice the halo rings are blue and the middle LED is very blue. The 3 Led's on the outside edge are white. There not the CCFL halo's but cheaper and good looking, I think! I have seen these in black also. Mine are the chrome ones I will add a pic of them in the daytime as well. Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size
    Yeah unless you do something about that middle projector light these things look kind of ugly. I had them on my car and the projector light went out, and the light was too narrow like the previous guy said. The rubber molding around them also fell apart after like a half a year. In my opinion I would just get the stock headlights cleaned/or buy new ones, and put the HID kit in those. I don't know though...maybe I received a shitty pair?

  10. #10
    Junior Member jameswoodlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Albemarle
    Posts
    21

    Black
    1999 SS

    Where did you get these headlights from?


    Quote Originally Posted by Sayed_000 View Post
    i have aftermarket headlights and i installed Hid on them ..

    plug&play

    here is a picture of H1 - 6000k :
    Click for full size

  11. #11
    Member nillam1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
    Posts
    392

    Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    Yeah unless you do something about that middle projector light these things look kind of ugly. I had them on my car and the projector light went out, and the light was too narrow like the previous guy said. The rubber molding around them also fell apart after like a half a year. In my opinion I would just get the stock headlights cleaned/or buy new ones, and put the HID kit in those. I don't know though...maybe I received a shitty pair?
    I am very happy with these lights, they look even more blue in real life as to pic. You may have got a bad set but mine are still perfect after year and a half. The light looks amazing especially when driving, they even out shine my high beams!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Help: cam installed question?
    By 99w69kitt in forum Internal Engine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 08:15 PM
  2. for those of you who have HID's AND Projectors...
    By ApexVIII in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
  3. Camaro Projectors Installed
    By The Guz in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 10:55 PM
  4. ANY PICS of HVAC/ headlight switch white face guages installed?
    By greatwhiteZ28 in forum Appearance Section
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 04:29 PM
  5. 97 Bird Headlight question also engine noise question
    By Zapper2003 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 04:03 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •