Has anyone gone up against...

This is a discussion on Has anyone gone up against... within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; a Dodge Charger SRT-8 with the big 6.1 hemi, if so how did you do? I kinda like them, just ...

Can't wait for spring... GraigZ28's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    1999 Z28 M6 40,000 Miles

Has anyone gone up against...

a Dodge Charger SRT-8 with the big 6.1 hemi, if so how did you do?

I kinda like them, just can't get myself to put another Dodge in my normally all GM garage. The lease is up on the wife's Trailblazer EXT and she is tried of driving a "Big Rig", besides the 4.2 straight 6 is a DOG; mileage sucks too.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Haven't had the privelage yet put down some of the baby hemis but not a SRT yet shouldn't be that tough though.

The TB with the sixer is a waste IMO. The 5.3 has much better power and the same or better gas mileage due to the DOD.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

well I raced one... or more like played Follow the Leader with one...

he was at a light infront of me...he took off hard knowing what he had behind him... and I featherd it and then mashed as soon as we changed into asphalt (from concrete) and I managed to start catching up bit by bit... had it been longer then about a quarter mile... I would've caught and passed him...(he had 3 car lenths on me cause he took off hard)...

My car is nearly stock...so I was extremly suprised to see I was catching him
    but with his 4100lbs curb weight...and 425HP... it's no GTO... and not even a CTS-V 400HP 3800lbs for that matter
    Mods: SLP Air Lid w/ KN, Free-Mods, LS6 Manifold, Magnaflow, Headers, EFILive
    Visuals: Angel eyes, rear eurolights and T/A rims
    Suspension: Eibach ProKit, UMI Adj. Panhard, SFC's, LCA Relocation brakets, KYB AGX shocks

http://www.fquick.com/garages/Chevro...28/1999/23674/

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

I Ran One At The Track Last Weekend 2nd Round Of Eliminations He Ran An 8.79 To My 8.58

navy blue metallic
    2000 z28 camaro

I Enjoyed Sending Him Home
    4.10 RICHMOND GEARS,LAKEWOOD LCA'S,EATON POSI,EDELBROCK TORQUE ARM,
    LAKEWOOD PANHARD BAR,SLP LID,,B&M RIPPER SHIFTER,EDELBROCK STRUT TOWER BRACE,SLP FAN CONTROL,SLP LINE LOCK,17 INCH ZR1S WITH 315 35S AND 275 40S,SLP Y-PIPE,TSP 224/224 112LSA CAM,COMP SPRINGS,TUNED BY FROST @ LSXTUNE.COM

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i have a tuner lid smooth bellows k&n 295 tires slp maf cat back all the free mods and i take rt's like there gt's i have a guy who lives by me with a srt8 300 with a blower and i still take him by liek maybe a half car length, his problem is traction, he burns out pretty bad, i dont at all, i beat him last weak with my gf in the car.

i know some of you probably dont believe me so...

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

I was messing around with one on the freeway but too much traffic ended the fun. They are clean fast cars and Dodge did a really good job with them. One question though, I've seen some Charger SRT and some are Charger R/T what is the difference or is there one?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i'm by no means a mopar fan or expert but i think rt and srt 8 are the only models with the hemi. i may be wrong on this, i think the srt is a v6 with dual exhaust bumper but only single exhaust outlet.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    I was messing around with one on the freeway but too much traffic ended the fun. They are clean fast cars and Dodge did a really good job with them. One question though, I've seen some Charger SRT and some are Charger R/T what is the difference or is there one?
    R/T and SRT8's are both HEMI's... only that the R/T 5.7L 350HP and the 6.1L 425HP... the base model is the only one V6 250HP...

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    R/T and SRT8's are both HEMI's... only that the R/T 5.7L 350HP and the 6.1L 425HP... the base model is the only one V6 250HP...
    gotcha

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

Talking

i have a 02 a4 with factory slp blackwing cold air kit with k&n filter and straight pipe wit cats only mods. Guy heard my car idle at friends apartment he said lets run it i said catch me later had been drinking didnt want 2 race. Saw him later that night he revved his engine i led him to high way he gets in far right lane i get in far left he jumps a car on me he hit gas before i did when i hit gas left him by 4 cars no lie fom about 50 to 120 got out of it about 120 but while coming to end of race he was gaining hard went from 4 cars to about 2 cars all i got to say is srt8's have hella top end if we would had more road he might have caught and passed me but off the jump with him jumping first from 50 to 120 i handed him his ass we got on another straight away and he didnt even want to race again didnt even pull over to talk after it was all over guess he was mad he spent 40 grand+ for a 07 car that got beat by 02 that he started f*ckin with i wouldnt even have tried him if he hadnt tried to make me look like a punk my my friends apartment. i also believe a m6 could really kick his ass. i had respect for those cars but now them seem like over price junk to me

red
    2004 Pontiac GTO

my gf bro has one and he thinks its the shit, i smoked his ass bad when we were both stock by about 2-3 cars from a dig. now that i've done some stuff to my gto he dont want to play

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

yeah i think they are overpriced for sure, but they move pretty good for tipping the scales at 4250lbs, its kinda funny to race rt's cause they honestly dont stand a chance against me, i just put gears in my car to and im soon to have a 3600 stall, i make them look like 6cylinder mustangs lol.
    but i do like the look of srt8 chargers and 300s they did some good styling upgrades.

BLACK
    02 CAMARO SS a4

ifastgto are you a m6 or a4?

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

check the KILL STORIES forums. There's another thread I started dedicated to this subject. I destroyed one on the highway w/ my '00 Z bolt-ons

Silver
    2002 Z28

I walked one on motor, and then insulted him with the bottle.... they're quick for a 4 door sedan, but that's about it.

On the other hand, an SRT8 with a blower would be something to see, and unless you were a good amount more than just bolt-ons, I think you'd be seeing the taillights!
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Thread Information