Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Harness bar

This is a discussion on Harness bar within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER Exactly and when we made it the way it SHOULD be made (right behind the seats ...

Quote Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER View Post
    Exactly and when we made it the way it SHOULD be made (right behind the seats since belts should stretch no more than one inch) people complained they couldn't recline their seats Which, coming from the mentality of racing and safety, seemed ludicrous.
    You got that right. What do people want?? A race car or a driver I guess they want a driver that LOOKS like a race car? And here I thought the pro street days were over

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You got that right. What do people want?? A race car or a driver I guess they want a driver that LOOKS like a race car? And here I thought the pro street days were over
    Yeah, it confuses the crap out of me. It just isn't' a safe mod by any means...

I'll be honest, I wasn't even aware that such a contraption even existed for any car. The title caught my eye as if someone wanted a bar accross the back by itself, but I thought,,,,that can't be right. They must be talking about a roll bar that needed the cross bar installed.
    Well sure enough, I was shocked when in fact,,,,they were talking about a cross bar all by itself That's what I get for thinking

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camaross1 View Post
    i just dont like the big ugly hole you have to cut out for your bar 6le, anyway im over this subject, and thank you all, and i agree with you 6le on one thing that was one ugly piece lg put out way back, yours is much cleaner, i might even make my own, who knows, if i can make it like the snake, straight across,,,,,terry tgif
    You don't have to cut a hole, I am not sure why the owner of the car in the pics went that far but it looks fine without...

NBM
    1998 Z28

Yeah, LG stopped theirs for a reason and two other vendors who started to make this stopped due to safety concerns (with their designs) as well.

We found a good length, used good materials and good plate to mount so that it isn't unsafe anymore, just not the best scenario if you really need something like this.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

^ werd!

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

red
    2002 camaro ss

hey lets let the harness bar go, ive heard enough about this subject, in the beginning, i just ask a question, so let it go,,,,,,,,,,,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information