Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo Headlights

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

Halo Headlights

i bought these halo headlights after lookin on this forum for a month trying to pick.... installed them and LOVE THEM! hahah i didnt get a chance to take any pics yet with a camera..

however

the turn signals are kinda dim and a really crappy yellow color.. i saw a pic of someones camaro on here with the clear signals but had a blue side signal and really nice rich yellow as the turn signal bulb? any ideas as to do they sell them in different colors that just pop in?

same with the back side marker lights... the light looks like an old yellow want to make it look new

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

Congrats ...
    post pictures and let us see !

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i love them... and i'm so so so glad i wired them off the fog lights... if you have the option definitely chose that way because

*lock the car, the halos flash with it
    *halos controlled by foglight switch
    *LEDS and Halos turn off during highbeams because foglights do...

to me it just makes sense to do it that way here are some pics

Red
    2002 z28

can you tell me where u got these?

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

ebay... theres a few problems with them tho... taking the stock bulbs and screwing them into these aftermarket plastics isnt very good... these aftermarket plastic pieces are a lot thicker and thus the stock bulb sockets dont want to fully turn 1/4 of a turn to fit securely...

in fact, i got the left side one to fit securely and it ended up putting too much stress on the bulb and it shorted out i'm guessing.. because from taking those pics i just noticed it was out

so i just went outside to have a look and took out the bulb and it just shattered inside the damn turnsignal..... :'( so now i have to take out the headlight AGAIN to get to the turn signal.. hopefully a shopvac will have enough suction to pull out the broken glass....

but they look great

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

i have these

they are okay.

Issues:

Some of the housings build up moisture. I re sealed mine with rtv clear the day i got them in.

The back of the housing is bright chrome, wtf, makes the engnie bay look like crap. i painted mine black

Projector lenses are H3 style (h3 bulbs when you go HID) which are meant for foglights, low grade projectors, however, they work and look surprisingly decent.

They dont fit as good as stock headlights(bumper to headlight gap) and the brackets arent as stable. you can swap brackets from your stockers though. or shim the shit out of it like i did.

I upgraded my lows and fogs with 8000k so all the halos and fogs match, i can take a picture if you want.

You should also disable your daytime running lights, and put amber colored bulbs in your turns and front running lights, and red bulbs in the rear side markers.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Or... you could buy the SONARs and they fit like the stock ones and offer a better light source, H1 style.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bene View Post
    Or... you could buy the SONARs and they fit like the stock ones and offer a better light source, H1 style.
    They have blue rings, blue leds, and yellow little 'driving lights though', makes for an odd combination of light color. The halos are also smaller and not as bright. They are very odd shaped and just dont flow with the body lines like these do in my opinion. I was just never big on the way they looked. These make for a more rice look in my opinion as well. Everything is cluttered and not as sleek. But its all in the eye of the beholder. However, the h1 style lenses are better.

And also, ive heard they are the same fit as the other projectors. Same maker i believe.

This is what im talking about:

Last edited by totalkos; 10-09-2009 at 11:46 AM.

white
    2000 Z28

i prefer the single over the double. but they are still pretty nice.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mammoth713 View Post
    i bought these halo headlights after lookin on this forum for a month trying to pick.... installed them and LOVE THEM! hahah i didnt get a chance to take any pics yet with a camera..

however

the turn signals are kinda dim and a really crappy yellow color.. i saw a pic of someones camaro on here with the clear signals but had a blue side signal and really nice rich yellow as the turn signal bulb? any ideas as to do they sell them in different colors that just pop in?

same with the back side marker lights... the light looks like an old yellow want to make it look new

i have the same headlights.. i dont have a problem with the turn signals.. i also put in a high 4 kit so when i turn my brights on my driving lights stay on.. it sure lights up the road really well.. i love them!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2002 Camaro Z/28

copycat! lol i have the same lights... LOVE em! they go awesome with the pewter color. i have the halos wired to the marker lights, and i used LED bulbs for the signals, that way it is completely dark and then amber when the signal comes on.
    i had a problem with the housings leaking, so i used black rtv all the way around the housings... problem solved!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    They have blue rings, blue leds, and yellow little 'driving lights though', makes for an odd combination of light color. The halos are also smaller and not as bright. They are very odd shaped and just dont flow with the body lines like these do in my opinion. I was just never big on the way they looked. These make for a more rice look in my opinion as well. Everything is cluttered and not as sleek. But its all in the eye of the beholder. However, the h1 style lenses are better.

And also, ive heard they are the same fit as the other projectors. Same maker i believe.

This is what im talking about:

Click for full size

Yeah, that one is NOT a sonar headlights.

My sonar looks like this at night.

Daytime:

BTW, mine fits like stock. I didn't have to do washers or swap the stock brackets at the back to fill the gaps.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2K Camaro Z28

This is what H1 HID light output looks like...

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

yeah mine fit liek sh@()*#@ and idk next spring i might take them out and swap with the stock brackets idk tho... as far as leaking whats the stuff you did/used on them to stop it?

and after the picture was taken i switched out my turn signal bulbs with amber ones because the one on the left blew out cuz it looks like i tightened it too hard and/or it was too hot against the turnsignal housing... really stupid design imo. and so i replaced both at once and its slightly yellower

and yes my friend has been telling me to get HIDs... how do they work? i know nothing about them... you mount the ballast, and then they have differ K values and then mine are "H3" ?

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28

which halos did you get OP?

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

hids are pretty simple. All you need are bulbs (h3 style) and ballasts and the wiring. You can even get the kits off ebay for about 40-60 bucks in any temperature.

Running a relay and to the battery is the 'proper' way to do it(but not necessary) but i just ran mine on the stock harness.

Just mount the ballasts with double sided tape, plug the old headlight plug into the ballast, plug in the hid harness to the ballast and connect it to your bulbs in your headlights, its literally that simple.

If you have any questions just PM me, i just went through all of this. Im running FULL hids, and i think i have $180 in all of it.

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

i'm not sure what brand these are but they are off of ebay if you search "camaro CCFL halo" and i got the kit with everything (clear back side markers, clear turnsignals, and black headlights)

but yeah idk my friend really wants me to throw HIDS in the car or atleast in the fogs that might be a project for next spring among other things (rotors NEEDS, shocks NEEDS, strano springs, slp lid, etc)

but yeah i did a serach on ebay for camaro HIDS like are they vehical specific or can i just search "H3 HID" because thats the style bulb that my headlights use....

and btw i thought long and hard searching thru this websites for pics of different halos and i thought these ones i bought would suit my car best.. i like those ones you have the sonars but i just really love the LEDS that go up the side of the edge. especially on black... this setup deffinately matches my chrome rims/badges going on so thats why i was so sold on it

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

the photo that really sold me was the guy with the sunset orange camaro on here from oregon? with torque thrust style rims on it... when i saw that photo that deffinately was the final straw to push me to get these... i dont know his username

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

i lovee the halo lights! Looks pretty good! Im gonna buy some once my headlights arent clear any longer

Black
    2002 Z28

man those blue ones look sick but im not sure if there legal where i l ive =(
    im pretty suire its illegal to have any red or blue lights on the front part of the car..so my frined being the smart ass he is he got spearmint headlights and violet fog lights. so they look juust like cops likes but a little bit lighter hahaha

Thread Information