Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Had a little wreck

This is a discussion on Had a little wreck within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Spikito tell me more about these "dent pullers" you speak of http://www.mytoolstore.com/wilmar/prod040.html Slide hammer dent pullers....

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    tell me more about these "dent pullers" you speak of
    http://www.mytoolstore.com/wilmar/prod040.html

Slide hammer dent pullers.

Impounded
    They have them at auto zone

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

nifty, how big of one should i get?

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

If it makes you feel better, shortly after getting my new wheels (year or so ago) a dog ran out in front of me and I sideswiped a curb scratching the outer part of both driver rims.

Also, last weekend turned out of a parking lot which was a downslope and apparently a sinkhole or some shit had formed. Scrathed the shit out of the bottom of my front bumper. I was very lucky all the damage stayed underneath

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    If it makes you feel better, shortly after getting my new wheels (year or so ago) a dog ran out in front of me and I sideswiped a curb scratching the outer part of both driver rims.

Also, last weekend turned out of a parking lot which was a downslope and apparently a sinkhole or some shit had formed. Scratched the shit out of the bottom of my front bumper. I was very lucky all the damage stayed underneath
    yeah i pulled into a driveway to turn around a few weeks ago, i was ok going it, but bottomed out on my way out. i knew it wasn't my air dam, different sound, checked when i got home and i was missing about a quarter sized chunk of paint on the bottom of my bumper
    Last edited by Spikito; 03-01-2009 at 12:03 AM.

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

That dent looks like it could be hammered out with a rubber coated dead-blow hammer. Just my opinion.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    That dent looks like it could be hammered out with a rubber coated dead-blow hammer. Just my opinion.
    but wouldnt the panel need to be removed to do that?

Im kinda thinking about doing a halfass repair on it, jsut until i can get a real one. maybe pull it out, seas the wholes, and put touch up paint in the scratches

just make it not so noticeable?

btw ecklerscamaro.com has those rocker panels for for like $59

Smiles for 9.5 Years cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

but wouldnt the panel need to be removed to do that?

Im kinda thinking about doing a halfass repair on it, jsut until i can get a real one. maybe pull it out, seas the wholes, and put touch up paint in the scratches

just make it not so noticeable?

btw ecklerscamaro.com has those rocker panels for for like $59
    I was actually thinkin you could pull up the carpet on that side and hammer it out from the inside of the car. Who knows? If all else fails use the slidehammer and afterward seal the holes.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I was actually thinkin you could pull up the carpet on that side and hammer it out from the inside of the car. Who knows? If all else fails use the slidehammer and afterward seal the holes.
    thats a possibility, ill look into it

blue
    1999 camaro ss #976

sorry to hear about ur car. but a dent puller looks something like this, their are others but this is ur common one. good luck.

http://www.airheadtools.com/9-Pcs-5-...source=froogle

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

To do it right you need a spot weld drill bit and go to a junk yard and get a replacement lower panel. You will have to have a portable drill, a wedge, chisel, hammer and screwdrivers. Then drill yours and remove it then weld in replacement. Door might be able to sand and fill and then repaint both lower panel and door. You creased the lower panel a dent puller alone will most likely not be enough.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

i was looking at it today and if you open my door, you can see it creased the shit out the metal, theres a strip 10 inches long and 1/4 inch wide thats pretty much folded in half.

Impounded
    well I dont think that dent puller will fix it.

Black
    02 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
    Also, last weekend turned out of a parking lot which was a downslope and apparently a sinkhole or some shit had formed. Scrathed the shit out of the bottom of my front bumper. I was very lucky all the damage stayed underneath
    That sounds just like the sinkhole I ran into last weekend. I come out of Jimmy Johns and I've got my subs a big smile. Just called the guy who checks my ID 50 times an ahole sub nazi. I waited an entire week to go back up there and do that. Like hey dude you think I'm in some organized crime syndicate that uses fake bank cards to buy subs here every weekend? So I'm all happy and I pull out the right front tire disappears off the face of the earth. I could hear scraping. Backed up and got out that hole in the asphalt goes straight to China! My new plan is to curb stomp that guy and roll him into the hole.
    Last edited by ezwip; 03-03-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    That sounds just like the sinkhole I ran into last weekend. I come out of Jimmy Johns and I've got my subs a big smile. Just called the guy who checks my ID 50 times an ahole sub nazi. I waited an entire week to go back up there and do that. Like hey dude you think I'm in some organized crime syndicate that uses fake bank cards to buy subs here every weekend? So I'm all happy and I pull out the right front tire disappears off the face of the earth. I could hear scraping. Backed up and got out that hole in the asphalt goes straight to China! My new plan is to curb stomp that guy and roll him into the hole.
    lol

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I took to a place around here with a good rep, i just wanted him to quote fixing the rocker. He said its more time and labor to pull a whole rocker off, he thinks he can tack weld it and pull it, its sheet metal and if it splits he can weld it up.

Out the door $452

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

I took to a place around here with a good rep, i just wanted him to quote fixing the rocker. He said its more time and labor to pull a whole rocker off, he thinks he can tack weld it and pull it, its sheet metal and if it splits he can weld it up.

Out the door $452
    Sounds good to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information