Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Guy want's to run me

This is a discussion on Guy want's to run me within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; one of the other ones was way to skary for me they take and make a cut away behind the ...

dirty aka white
    2000 Z

one of the other ones was way to skary for me they take and make a cut away behind the front bumper and run the lines up between the ac coil and the raideator(cant spell lay off i'm just a redneck lol) and to the underside of the MAF or the smoth bellow , works best with one of those home made ones from lows that way you can explain really easy the extra whose clamp lol

Quote Originally Posted by txz28 View Post
    lol i used to be one of "those" people with a couple of my budys we had a good friend that installed what he called " peak a boo kits" on ls1's real easy on the 2000 and up on the driver side of the air lid...stock ones that is theres that 3/4 whose that comes out and runs down along the wheal well. then once your down there you cut a small slit in the underside of the whose and then one in the black wheal well plastic and run the lines throw there and snug them up close to the frame and basicly run them along side by side your fuel and brake lines to the back and then drill a whole going up into your trunk by your spare tire or the other side and install your remote shut off there and hook your bottle up there up against the body real nice and pretty lol ..... MAN HOW I MISS THE GOOD OH DAYS OF STREET RACING AND CONING CON-ERS LOL
    Couldn't have been good old days from very long ago,,,your talking about having sneaky nitrous systems on a 2000 up F-body

Back in the "good old days" nitrous wasn't even seen on a street car. We just ran what we had, and had fun.
    Nowadays you don't even need nitrous to be fast. With stroker motors all the rage now you can't tell what anyone has anymore.

Plus the fact that guys like me make their cars look showroom stock and make them as fast as possible. These cars are the most decieving of all. With 6 inch wide bias ply tires and dog dish hubcaps you wouldn't know you're looking at an 11 second or even a 10 second car. Yes they dip into the 10's now on little bias plys. Check out F.A.S.T. racing, (Factory Appearing Stock Tire) they have several venues now in different states. If you want to see sneaky,,,this is the grand daddy.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

SRT8's are a formidable foe. With that set-up you may stand a good chance, depending on the distance. The SRT8's are somewhat heavy, more so that the SS. Does he know what kind of work you've had done, or does he think your running stock. If he knows, then make sure he's upfront with you... My 98Z is basically stock, so I use my common sense. I would never try to pull on a 04" Cobra, or when one pulls on me, I just let him go. Know if I had you're set-up, then that would be a different story, I'd take his lunch and his lunch money for the next day. If you don't feel up to it then don't. If anything, just have fun and make sure that there are no hard feelings,(when you leave him jaw dropped)!!! Keep us informed.....

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Does he have anything done to it??

There is a local SRT8 charger running around here that dips into the 11's on motor only,,,,wouldn't know by looking at it under the hood, only thing obvious is a cold air intake.
    I don't believe stock into 11s.. .have to see it

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    I don't believe stock into 11s.. .have to see it
    I didn't say he was stock,,,,but looking at the car, much like any of these new cars,,,,,you can't really tell anything has been done.

It is an all motor car,,,no nitrous,,,I was told by his buddy it has a camshaft and a custom tune by someone local,,,but idling you wouldn't know it,,,,must have spread the lobe seperation out a bit. It also has exhaust and a cold air kit that are abviously visual,,,,

I've seen the car put the numbers up,,,it's legit. Wouldn't know by looking at it though.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Race him and find out... im very curious also, i see more and more of the SRT8s and wanna kno the results...

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

If he has a cam and custom tune, probably bumped him up more on the torque side which will help him more on the take off. Find out if he's changed his heads or a valve train up grade, or both. Which would be wise if he's changed his cam with a custom tune. Can't see to many people upgrading cam only. I know this can be done, but what's the point.

Your power to weight is still better than his and with what,,, 3.73's and a 3300 stall, you're still looking ok. Like I said, if you do this, just make sure you have fun. If you lose, then you know what to expect. I mean come on you'll have the guts to go up against factory 420 horses.

Practice some in a secluded area, on your take off's and how to feel the car. Sometimes it's more than just smashing the pedal to the floor. Once again have fun, enjoy. Keep us updated........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information