Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Got into a wreck

This is a discussion on Got into a wreck within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by ezwip Eric, times are tough. The person you talked to is likely entry level. Call back and ...

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by ezwip View Post
    Eric, times are tough. The person you talked to is likely entry level. Call back and demand to know the paid to date. You should have 3 months from this date before you lapse, and they need to send a letter stating it's ended. If you find what they have done to be questionable tell them you will report them to the department of insurance.
    Well I called them and they said my date of my last payment was in december. That only carried me to january 23rd.

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Well I called them and they said my date of my last payment was in december. That only carried me to january 23rd.
    But did they ever noitfy you that you were being cut off? you can also caontact DMV and see if they notified them. If no one was notifed, i would go after the insurance company.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

They said they told my loan holder for my car on january 30. They said DMV isnt required to be told I dont have insurance.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

They said they told my loan holder for my car on january 30. They said DMV isnt required to be told I dont have insurance.
    I think they are supposed to. Did they ever tell you? do they have proof. If they only tried once, thats not cool and i would just report them to the insurance bureau. Maybe if you tell them that, they will help you out.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

call this number and tell them what happend, they will be able to tell you if you can do anything.

California Department of Insurance
    800-927-HELP

Good luck

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Well I called my lean holder for my car. They said the damages will be covered by them but my car only. Thats about the only good news so far. I'll try that number and get back. Uh I dont have your typical phone so what number is HELP?

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Well I called my lean holder for my car. They said the damages will be covered by them but my car only. Thats about the only good news so far. I'll try that number and get back. Uh I dont have your typical phone so what number is HELP?
    4357. cool atleast they will cover your car. thats a little better

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

The adjuster came out and said that if they use used parts it wont be totaled. If they use new parts its most likely gonna be totaled.

black
    99 z28 a4

that sucks...

Black
    1998 TransAm convertible

Quote Originally Posted by eymana View Post
    Is the insurance gonna total it out?
    no there not its not that bad i mean air bags didn't even deploy but how did the back get damaged

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Fotis View Post
    no there not its not that bad i mean air bags didn't even deploy but how did the back get damaged
    My back end came out and I apparently hit a sign pole. The adjuster said himself and hes been working with them for 18 years that if they use used parts it will be fine. If they use new it'll be totaled.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Well I found out that they are not covering it. I gotta find a place to get my car repaired for cheap.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Well I found out that they are not covering it. I gotta find a place to get my car repaired for cheap.
    Sounds like you need a lawyer

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    +1

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thank God noone was standing there getting something out of the trunk etc. Hope it all works out for you- the thing with the insurance sucks.

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    My loan company was gonna cover it but since they found out im not the registered owner of the car they arent. Even though I pay the payments and fill the gas tank.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

My loan company was gonna cover it but since they found out im not the registered owner of the car they arent. Even though I pay the payments and fill the gas tank.
    ya then def get a lawyer.....

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

What else could I possibly do? What would the lawyer accomplish? Not to mention the bitch I talked to said I didnt seem like I'd be the type of person who'd pay the bill they sent me if I was to do a payment type thing. She said it could be possibly covered but she'd go after me for the money since I wasnt the registered owner. Then proceeded to say I wasnt the type of person who'd pay. That REALLY pissed me off.
    Last edited by Eric1987; 03-15-2009 at 01:17 AM.

black
    02 vette vert

just read this thread for the first time about a kid driving home from school, acting like a dick, cant control his car, fucks up somebody elses shit parked there minding its own business, didnt pay his insurance, and i think i saw 2 posts out of over 50 that had any concern about the other person! sorry, my sympathy is with the innocent. all states have different insurance laws but in pa. the reason the company notifies the dmv is so they know to seize your license plate so you cant drive without insurance! a buddy of mine got hit once on his bike by somebody with no insurance, expired inspection and registration, no money and lived in a rental. not only were the damages to the bike and his medical bills all on him, he couldnt even sue cuz they had nothing to sue for! the old truck they hit him with wouldnt even have paid the lawyer bills. so hopefully a lesson is learned. you know when your bills are due and if you dont get one call somebody and say hey, i didnt get my bill,and maybe pick your time and place for cowboying a little better.

Stock
    2002 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    just read this thread for the first time about a kid driving home from school, acting like a dick, cant control his car, fucks up somebody elses shit parked there minding its own business, didnt pay his insurance, and i think i saw 2 posts out of over 50 that had any concern about the other person! sorry, my sympathy is with the innocent. all states have different insurance laws but in pa. the reason the company notifies the dmv is so they know to seize your license plate so you cant drive without insurance! a buddy of mine got hit once on his bike by somebody with no insurance, expired inspection and registration, no money and lived in a rental. not only were the damages to the bike and his medical bills all on him, he couldnt even sue cuz they had nothing to sue for! the old truck they hit him with wouldnt even have paid the lawyer bills. so hopefully a lesson is learned. you know when your bills are due and if you dont get one call somebody and say hey, i didnt get my bill,and maybe pick your time and place for cowboying a little better.

Thats kinda harsh. I dont think anyone here said they didnt think the "innocent" person should get their car fixed as well. I just think that the insurance should pay for both cars to be fixed! they are supposed to nitify you before they cut you off. i bet its cuz of the economy, they dont wanna pay out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information