Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Going to pick up my first SS!!!!

I too damn excited and I need to tell someone. I am driving about 200 miles Wednesday night to pick a 2001 Black Camaro SS M6. Has a tad bit under 46k miles. Great mods and not driven hard...Thunder Racing 224/224 563/563 on 112 LSA, chromoly pushrods, Crane springs, FLP longtube headers and y pipe, GMMG catback, underdrive pulley, LS1 motorsports lid, PRO 5.0 with Lous Short stick.

All red BMR products- lower control arms, adjustable panhard bar, relocation brackets, weld in subframe connectors. Also an Eibach Pro-Kit

SLP grille, tinted windows, stock headunit with JL Audio 250 watt amp and 10 inch subwoofer.

Dyno'd 387rwhp/379rwtq. Pulls pretty hard!

I will get pics up of it as soon as I get the camera out. I have never been so anxious to pick up a car. This one is perfect!

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

congrats man.....hope its as reliable as it as fast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Yeah me too but they are some quality mods, you never know with modified cars but most of time they work out well. I could tell this car was not ripped on and I know the previous owner pretty well. So I hope it holds up for me!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

congrats i went from ohio to florida to get mine drove 27 hours straight. me and my brother.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I know you're gonna love that car...it sure sounds familiar...oh yea, I have one of those too! Most of the same mods too. After you get it, don't forget to tell us what rear end you have, and if he girdled it or not. I had to do mine after I got close (471HP) to 500HP, and what about your clutch? 12 bolt[with 4:11's] is in the near future for mine. I hope you have more ground clearance than mine does, at the collector, it is about an inch. I have SLP long tubes though. Also running Eibach's Sportline springs. Congrats on your new Baby!

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Congrats !!! Looks like you found yourself a great find.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

What do you mean by "girdled the rear end"?

Quote Originally Posted by 01LSS6Camaro View Post
    I know you're gonna love that car...it sure sounds familiar...oh yea, I have one of those too! Most of the same mods too. After you get it, don't forget to tell us what rear end you have, and if he girdled it or not. I had to do mine after I got close (471HP) to 500HP, and what about your clutch? 12 bolt[with 4:11's] is in the near future for mine. I hope you have more ground clearance than mine does, at the collector, it is about an inch. I have SLP long tubes though. Also running Eibach's Sportline springs. Congrats on your new Baby!

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedWorld View Post
    What do you mean by "girdled the rear end"?
    Cast aluminum bolt on cover with reinforcing (or stiffener) ribs as well as set screws to hold the caps from flexing vs the stock stamped steel cover. It allows the rear end to hold up longer under abusive conditions, such as launches at the track. The 7.5" rear end is the notorious "weakest link" in these cars

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Ah yeah I see. I will check it out. It would be smart for me to do that, even though I don't plan to really launch the car hard or go to the track. Any racing I do will be soft launches or roll racing, I find it the safest way to not break anything. Well, the safest way would be to not race AT ALL. But it's tough not to get on it a little bit with these cars especially with the stangs trying to prove something and the fart cans popping all around me. That GMMG catback with longtubes is an amazing sound!

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Cast aluminum bolt on cover with reinforcing (or stiffener) ribs as well as set screws to hold the caps from flexing vs the stock stamped steel cover. It allows the rear end to hold up longer under abusive conditions, such as launches at the track. The 7.5" rear end is the notorious "weakest link" in these cars

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Where is the best place to get a new rear end if I need too? Approximately how much? I have heard either a 12 bolt or 9"...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Ah yeah I see. I will check it out. It would be smart for me to do that, even though I don't plan to really launch the car hard or go to the track. Any racing I do will be soft launches or roll racing, I find it the safest way to not break anything. Well, the safest way would be to not race AT ALL. But it's tough not to get on it a little bit with these cars especially with the stangs trying to prove something and the fart cans popping all around me. That GMMG catback with longtubes is an amazing sound!
    You want amazing sound try LT's, no cats, and true duals with an X-pipe all dumped at the axle. I'm in love with the sound of car all over again.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    You want amazing sound try LT's, no cats, and true duals with an X-pipe all dumped at the axle. I'm in love with the sound of car all over again.
    Yeah I bet that would sound great. I've seen a couple vids of that setup but nothing in person. GMMG is probably the best over catback you can buy but a lot of custom setups like your's are really nice.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Updated my avatar with a pic of my SS. Hard to see but it's all I got right now.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Getting a new rear end is going to end up costing around 2 grand...

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Good luck with the car!

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    congrats i went from ohio to florida to get mine drove 27 hours straight. me and my brother.
    I flew to Texas from CT to pick mine up in 02, best road trip ever!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

congrads ! how much u get it for ?

Black
    1998 s.s

98 SS Triple Black Vert

Just picked my up in Edmonton Alberta drove it back 6 hours to Saskatoon
    great trip left a lot of rubber in Industrial area in Edmonton

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Wow, I finally have it. I left at 6pm last night and got home at 3am and I'm now at work...Long night which will make this a long day but it was worth it. The drive was all on the freeway so I got a good taste of the top end power. 390rwhp feels great. It's loudest and meanest sounding car I have heard. My girlfriend was driving in our SUV aside me and when I romped it she said it sounded like barge coming through. I didn't have time to clean it after the long drive so I will clean it up and get some pics, hopefully the weather will be nice. Went to work and parked next to an 05/06 GTO =). I love this car!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Wow, I finally have it. I left at 6pm last night and got home at 3am and I'm now at work...Long night which will make this a long day but it was worth it. The drive was all on the freeway so I got a good taste of the top end power. 390rwhp feels great. It's loudest and meanest sounding car I have heard. My girlfriend was driving in our SUV aside me and when I romped it she said it sounded like barge coming through. I didn't have time to clean it after the long drive so I will clean it up and get some pics, hopefully the weather will be nice. Went to work and parked next to an 05/06 GTO =). I love this car!

cool .....we also want burnout videos

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    cool .....we also want burnout videos
    Yeah, the only video recorder I have is on my digital camera and I think that is pretty crappy quality. We'll see...maybe some sound clips, but no burnouts in this car, don't feel like breaking anything on it the first full day that I have it =)

Thread Information