Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    99 SS

GMMG Phase 2 & 3 prices?

Hey anyone know what the market is on GMMG cars now? I have not been looking much, want a collector car or should I just go with the new Z06? if one can be had for about 60k.

I have about a year to look and pick one out so i want to be able to find the right one in a year.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

a new Z06 for 60k would be tough, maybe a used 07, if your going to purchase it in 09.

Ive only seen a few GMMG's for sale, all insanely low miles, going for about 40K

But these are just speculations, ive owned 3 cars in my life, all under $5k, i dont have any concrete evidence

Black
    99 SS

yea it will not be purchased untill 09, I just want to get a solid base of what there going to be. i think the Z06 could swing 60k in 09

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

I just got mine for 68k..shouldn't be too tough to think that it would go for less than that in '09.
    GM just stopped production of the Corvette for 1 week, and then they're going to slow down the production line, all due to slow sales.
    I may be biased...but I say..GO FOR THE VETTE!!!!!!!!
    Do yourself the favor of at least going down and test driving one.
    You'll be convinced after 1 mile that this is the car of your dreams!
    The only tiny mods I've done in 1100 miles is to have the skip shift feature electronically removed in the ECU, and I disconnected the vacuum lines so the exhaust valves (in the mufflers) stay open all the time, both very worthwhile things that GM couldn't do.
    Skip shift eliminated the gas guzzler tax-and the car had to pass the drive by sound test.

The car is amazing, and I had a 500hp SS Camaro when I bought it, so it wasn't just the power that impressed me. But then again, the Camaro wasn't good for 120+ MPH in 3rd gear either! Gotta love that little thing called: Power to weight ratio.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    a new Z06 for 60k would be tough, maybe a used 07, if your going to purchase it in 09.

Ive only seen a few GMMG's for sale, all insanely low miles, going for about 40K

But these are just speculations, ive owned 3 cars in my life, all under $5k, i dont have any concrete evidence
    Theres an 07 z06 at a local dealer with 10k on it going for $59,900. If I only had 60k laying around.

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    I just got mine for 68k..shouldn't be too tough to think that it would go for less than that in '09.
    GM just stopped production of the Corvette for 1 week, and then they're going to slow down the production line, all due to slow sales.
    I may be biased...but I say..GO FOR THE VETTE!!!!!!!!
    Do yourself the favor of at least going down and test driving one.
    You'll be convinced after 1 mile that this is the car of your dreams!
    The only tiny mods I've done in 1100 miles is to have the skip shift feature electronically removed in the ECU, and I disconnected the vacuum lines so the exhaust valves (in the mufflers) stay open all the time, both very worthwhile things that GM couldn't do.
    Skip shift eliminated the gas guzzler tax-and the car had to pass the drive by sound test.

The car is amazing, and I had a 500hp SS Camaro when I bought it, so it wasn't just the power that impressed me. But then again, the Camaro wasn't good for 120+ MPH in 3rd gear either! Gotta love that little thing called: Power to weight ratio.

I really like that Idea, im leaning to the Z06 a lot, this will be our one big splurge beside a house and garage that were going to get, the rest is getting invested. so I just want to make the best choice when it comes down to it.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Theres an 07 z06 at a local dealer with 10k on it going for $59,900. If I only had 60k laying around.
    Do what I did..check between the cushions on the couch, and don't forget to check the ashtray in the car for loose change too...you probably have more in there than you think!

onyx black
    1999 formula firebird

if you have 60 K in your couch can i sleep over? lmao personally i would look for a very highly optioned canadian * KM* collecors edition ta with no miles...

Black
    99 SS

I dont really want a LS1 car per say, we have also been talking about an 69 camaro, Chevelle. something We can drive and enjoy but it still be a collector and not loose to much value.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Something in that era would be a wiser investment. It sounds like you and your wife are smart people. Houses are a wise investment. My wife and I have two homes that are paid for. We paid cash for the Z06, knowing it's going to lose value the minute we drove it off the showroom floor.
    We didn't buy it as a daily driver either, most people don't buy that type of car for that purpose.
    One of the reasons I was trying to make earlier was, sooner or later, you are going to drive the car you purchase, duh, and you may as well drive something that really is a thrilling car to drive.
    I've owned the classics, and they are great cars.
    But nothing can compare with modern technology, and the handling you are going to experience with a modern sports car, not to mention the reliability.
    Corvettes are known to hold their value, while still certainly no investment. A Z06 is a better bet still. With annual production numbers in the mid 1500 to 2000 range you just don't see many of them on the road.
    A GMMG Camaro would certainly hold it's value. A tough decision to be sure. We went in to buy my wife a new Silverado, and there on the showroom floor was a brand new Z06.
    I was bit by the bug, test drove it, and the rest is history.
    I think they have a picture of me in the hallway framed "Sucker of the Month"
    My very first car was a 69 Camaro...ahhh I learned to drive in that car, my uncle handed me the keys on my 16th birthday. Plain jane with a 327 backed by a Powerglide and houndstooth interior!

1966 Corvette Coupe

gmmg... if i could get a stage 2 T/A (which are rare as hell) I would jump all over it... A stage 1 would be awesome too... just not as awesome...

-me

Black
    99 SS

we are not married yet but are going to be married in the near furute, we just want some toys and we want something that is going to hold its value even with miles on it compared to a plane jane Ws6 or SS.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS

why not wait for the new camaro keep it mint and in 25 years holy crap u have a collectors car and im sure a ZL1 will be made u get ur hands on one of those it will be worth good money in the future.....

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by O'Learys_SS View Post
    why not wait for the new camaro keep it mint and in 25 years holy crap u have a collectors car and im sure a ZL1 will be made u get ur hands on one of those it will be worth good money in the future.....
    LMAO! On the "in 25 years you have a collectors car" part! You're killing me!
    How's this for a counter-proposal?
    He buys a new ZR-1 and gets to drive the REAL King of the Road [a dis to Ford and their silly assed KR Mustang) and it will be an instant collectors item. Especially the first year. Remember that GM is going sequential on the VIN's upward from 00000000001 so the sooner he buys one the better!
    We know that #1 is gone to that guy who paid a cool million on Barrett/Jackson, and Mr. Jay Leno has number 2, I'm taking delivery of number 3 in 5 weeks (not!) .....

Black
    99 SS

what are they going to be really going for though? I though they were going to be sold for about 100,000 dollars is that true? hell thats 10% of what we have, way to much to spend on a car IMO though 50-60k maybe still hard to swallow that price tag.

1966 Corvette Coupe

you have a million dollars? Y the hell would you buy an F-body if you have a million dollars? You want collectability... get a frod GT X1... dont get a fucking f-body...

-me

Black
    99 SS

dude thats honestly not that much money anymore and we want to be able to have "fun" and relaxed jobs and still live a nice life off the money in the bank is our plans.

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    you have a million dollars? Y the hell would you buy an F-body if you have a million dollars? You want collectability... get a frod GT X1... dont get a fucking f-body...

-me
    Sorry to burst you bubble but a mill wont last you very long these days, UNLESS you Wisely invest it and build off of it!!!! If I were you I'd Buy the Vette and Invest in Either Undeveloped Land, or Buy a house now while The Housing market is in the tank and Rent it out untill the Market is Good again then Flip it!!!! I just did this myself (Bought the house not the Vette) I only had money for one or the other lol. On the Ohter hand that Z06 is Guaranteed to put a Big Smile on your Face!!!!
    Last edited by Justin93; 09-26-2008 at 09:11 AM.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Justin93 View Post
    Sorry to burst you bubble but a mill wont last you very long these days, UNLESS you Wisely invest it and build off of it!!!!
    If i had a mill i would buy like a $250k house (I'm in AR so thats a descent house) buy a nice car... (prolly a Ford GT) and some descent funiture... then let some finacial advisor play with the other half mill...

If i lived somewhere that a house is like $500k... I would move... live like a king somewhere else...

-me

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

Big bucks usually comes at a bigger cost...typically of the heart.

Thread Information