Thread: full bolt on's

2000 Camaro B4C

full bolt on's

i know the basic bolt ons but what would the full bolt ons be for a camaro

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

A search would work better, but-
    lid, throttle body, manifold, headers, water pump, oil pump, under drive pulley, ftra or ssra.
    I think that's about it.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

im with stupid

black
    2001 Camaro SS

i think thats an answer that can be different for everyone... some people even consider changing the rocker arms to be a bolt-on modification... (the "bolt on" record lt1 did it.) so i guess anything that has nothing to do with the internal parts of your motor.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

that bolts on or wires in

red
    2000 camaro ss

get a cam and mill the decks of those ls1 heads .030 and you will be astonished at how fast your car is in stock trim. cars make 400 wheel with this setup.

black
    99 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by side2000 View Post
    get a cam and mill the decks of those ls1 heads .030 and you will be astonished at how fast your car is in stock trim. cars make 400 wheel with this setup.
    what kinda cam?

red
    2000 camaro ss

well it depends on what ya got n what you want. if ya filled out yer sig show it to me. ya got an auto? you plan on doin the head work? long tubes, intake man, etc? also: ya got another car or is this your d/d.
    2000 red ss: >2" drop, koni adjustables 'n 275 s-compounds all way around, giant brakes, dynatech LT's, borla catback (no plate), t56, tubular everything, HARD TOP, caged, "stock" heads 'n a mean cam. -2* front camber.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by emoFTW View Post
    what kinda cam?
    If you have a m6 go ahead and get a 224 that should put you in the 380's-390's. Don't waste money on stock heads if your going to blow money might as well do it right. A cam kit is going to run you about 500-700 bucks. If you can't install it on your own look at a price tag that might put you over a grand-Shit aint cheap.

red
    2000 camaro ss

wait a sec stock heads are NOT a waste of time. ls1 heads flow very well even in stock trim, with minimal work it really wakes up a cam for dirt cheap: i.e. the milling, valves, and clean up work. if you HAVE stock heads no matter who ya are it's a might as well to spend the three hundo to do all this work. only thing you cant do yourself is mill the decks and my shop charges 60 bucks a head consistently. 300 bucks is nothin compared to the 2 grand youll be spendin on some aftermarket ones. a cam alone is 300-500 dependin on hwat ya get and springs/ppushrods are another 3. i have this setup and have done countless others w/ all different variations of stock/aftermarket heads/manifolds. wastin money would be buyin any other casting than your ls1 heads, unless you had the money for some name-brand mills. im givin the best-bang-for the buck/easiest way to make over 400 wheel -as not everyone can afford 3000+ dollars for an aftermarket top end setup.

98' trans am

wait a sec stock heads are NOT a waste of time. ls1 heads flow very well even in stock trim, with minimal work it really wakes up a cam for dirt cheap: i.e. the milling, valves, and clean up work. if you HAVE stock heads no matter who ya are it's a might as well to spend the three hundo to do all this work. only thing you cant do yourself is mill the decks and my shop charges 60 bucks a head consistently. 300 bucks is nothin compared to the 2 grand youll be spendin on some aftermarket ones. a cam alone is 300-500 dependin on hwat ya get and springs/ppushrods are another 3. i have this setup and have done countless others w/ all different variations of stock/aftermarket heads/manifolds. wastin money would be buyin any other casting than your ls1 heads, unless you had the money for some name-brand mills. im givin the best-bang-for the buck/easiest way to make over 400 wheel -as not everyone can afford 3000+ dollars for an aftermarket top end setup.

truth

red
    2000 camaro ss

yea i wish youd just say that on the political section dammit.

98' trans am

yea i wish youd just say that on the political section dammit.
    what fun would that be how are you?

red
    2000 camaro ss

i am well, drove by vot'n spot n line was too long. ima roll back in a bit.

98' trans am

i am well, drove by vot'n spot n line was too long. ima roll back in a bit.
    yea where i vote its a small town so i stopped by at 10 after 12..and walked right in and voted ..i was lucky

red
    2000 camaro ss

i live in a spot that has a good bit of section 8. gotta make it there after everyone who has no job goes, and before everyone who has job gets off. my window is small but i am confident i can strike during it.

red
    2000 camaro ss

also there are a bunch of obaminions with signs out there...my worst nightmare would be to get stuck in a line with that.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

So you're sayin i can port my heads myself, i mean it seems pretty difficult to do it right, porting each chamber the same amount and what not?

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by chevyss1234 View Post
    So you're sayin i can port my heads myself, i mean it seems pretty difficult to do it right, porting each chamber the same amount and what not?
    if by chambers you mean combustion chambers dont touch those by all means. they are excellently shaped from fact and doing anything but maybe removin some casting flash would lower your comp ratio and alter shape. yes you can port them yourself. all you need to with stock cubes is clean up intake/exh ports and polish them up while removing as little material as possible (since this will be your first port job). you can't mill the decks yourself but it shouldnt be more than 150 bucks at a local shop. milling the decks .030 will raise the compression ratio from 10.1:1 to 10.9:1. now-get a set of 2.02/1.6 intake/exhaust valves which drop right into a stock ls1 head with no valve bowl modification. so:you can do everything yourself except milling with the purchase/rental of only a spring compressor/removal tool.
    lemme know if i can help more-i dont wanna write ya a book if ya just need a front cover. this setup with a mid 220's duration cam will convert your car into a ravenous street machine.

Thread Information