Free parts score!

This is a discussion on Free parts score! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; I went to the dealer the other day to find out about getting a new ash tray cover and the ...

Babies: 2 Girls, 5 FBods FBODYREDDEVIL's Avatar

of my F-Bodies
    Too tough to pick just 1

Free parts score!

I went to the dealer the other day to find out about getting a new ash tray cover and the plug that goes on the console cup holder. For some reason my '99 interior is perfect but these 2 parts were missing (I suspect something happened in the detail shop). Well, the ash tray lid was $25 bucks and the stupid little quarter sized plug was $40. Called the local wreckers and they had a '98 in the yard with charcoal interior. I pulled the 2 parts and asked the guy how much...he said don't worry about it. Savings=$65+tax.

Anyone need some other interior parts? There were quite a few in pretty good shape. 98 Z28, black/grey interior, T-top, 16" chrome wheels. Air bags popped but the T-tops didn't look pinched too bad.

Man this beats finding parts for the 2nd gens!
    My F-Body Page: http://www.freewebs.com/fbodyreddevil/
    70 RS/SS 396: 470 RWHP, 454, Merlin heads, TRW forged pistons, dual quads, TH400, 4.10's
    79 T/A: 310 HP 403, forged pistons, TH350, 3.73's
    79 Z28: Factory correct, Borg-Warner T-10, 3.73's
    96 WS6, 4L60
    99 SS: #284, T56

Awaiting Activation
    junk yards are the way to go to save $$. I got a new little plastic panel that goes around the door handle and lock for $3 i think. All i had to do was clean it and it looked brand new.

When i fucked up some wires when installing my intake manifold i had fix it. The dealer wanted like $30+ for the wires and new connector. Went to the junk yard, ripped a few out of differnent GM cars and the guy let me have it all for free. Some nice/ knowledgible guys work there.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by FBODYREDDEVIL View Post
    I went to the dealer the other day to find out about getting a new ash tray cover and the plug that goes on the console cup holder. For some reason my '99 interior is perfect but these 2 parts were missing (I suspect something happened in the detail shop). Well, the ash tray lid was $25 bucks and the stupid little quarter sized plug was $40. Called the local wreckers and they had a '98 in the yard with charcoal interior. I pulled the 2 parts and asked the guy how much...he said don't worry about it. Savings=$65+tax.

Anyone need some other interior parts? There were quite a few in pretty good shape. 98 Z28, black/grey interior, T-top, 16" chrome wheels. Air bags popped but the T-tops didn't look pinched too bad.

Man this beats finding parts for the 2nd gens!
    Sometimes I'm glad I'm the age I am. You wouldn't believe the parts I found in the wrecking yard back in the late 70's thru the early 90's. Being in LA it was like being a kid in a candy store. SBC's, BBC's, 12 bolts and Muncies were littering the aisles. A good place to search for misc parts.

Red
    98 SS Camaro

do you think i should go to a junk yard and try to score an intake off a corvette?

Silver
    1998 SS

I could use an ash tray lid also mine broke as well I noticed in high school that just about everyones camaro had a busted ash try lid. I am going to have to look around and see what I can find here local.

Wait this just came to me my brother in law just started a new job for an outfit that scraps car's. They get to strip anything they want off of them esspecially if its not metal. Hmm I will have to talk to him and his boss see what kind of arrangement we can come up with. Thanks for putting me on this track if I start scoring free parts Ill post what I get on here.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

dealers love sodomy

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by Z28_SS View Post
    do you think i should go to a junk yard and try to score an intake off a corvette?
    not many yards with have a late model 'vette and it they do the motor will have probably been sold seperately already.

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

i need the drivers side plastic piece that holds the power windows switch, as will as the switch...

I'm (Hurst) Equipped... davebowtie's Avatar

Onyx Black
    '02 Camaro SS(replica) M6

67camarorsss... nice avatar, I've seen that photo before:-)

Babies: 2 Girls, 5 FBods FBODYREDDEVIL's Avatar

of my F-Bodies
    Too tough to pick just 1

Quote Originally Posted by Crmartin99 View Post
    i need the drivers side plastic piece that holds the power windows switch, as will as the switch...
    I'll check it out, but I don't know about shipping to GA...but I bet I can get the parts cheap.

Thread Information