Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Found in a storage facility 5 miles from my house.

This is a discussion on Found in a storage facility 5 miles from my house. within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; great deal, go for it, REALLY good deal...

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

great deal, go for it, REALLY good deal

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if you dont i will, ps what happened to yours?

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    if you dont i will, ps what happened to yours?
    Ah... yeah. Find my post about racing a mkIII supra in the kills section for the whole story, but the short version is do the dril mod or dont launch from second at 50 mph.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Update: After careful consideration, I think as stupid as it may be, I'm gonna pass on this car. My reasoning is this. I bought my car with high miles with the sole intent that if and when I did blow the engine (or damage it to a non running condition) that I would be making major upgrades ie: heads, cam, crank, rods etc. I am now at that point with my 99. So I can either scrap the 99, and spend 12-14k (they're asking 14900) for this nice, low mileage, almost new car, or I can drop five into mine and have a rebuilt engine, bulletproofed trans, and throw some nasty pipes on it, as well as some other add ons (sub frame connectors, panhard bar, lower control arms, bushings et al) and have a much faster then stock car, with a pretty much fresh engine vs. a new car thats mostly stock that I wont be able to drop any money into for at least two years per my budget agreement with my wife regarding 5k per year for the car. So, if anyone truly is interested in this vehicle, pm me and I will give you the location, and the name of my contact there.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

sebring silver
    2002 z28

I agree with sarge91

Black
    1999 Z28 Convert

Wow I wish I had 5k a year to play around with on my car!

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Well the way that works is I put in 60-80 hours a week to pay for most of what we have, so I told my wife, if Im gonna work myself to death, I need a toy. My kids and family motivate me to be successful, but doing the same thing day in and day out, well you need a reward for that. So I get my car, and my budget for it. And she and the kids want for nothing.

Its really not that much when you think about it. So I was gonna do paint and body stuff before this happened. Now that has to wait a year. Or a new more muscle appearing set of rims and meats. Again, that now has to wait a year.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by buswwa View Post
    Update: After careful consideration, I think as stupid as it may be, I'm gonna pass on this car. My reasoning is this. I bought my car with high miles with the sole intent that if and when I did blow the engine (or damage it to a non running condition) that I would be making major upgrades ie: heads, cam, crank, rods etc. I am now at that point with my 99. So I can either scrap the 99, and spend 12-14k (they're asking 14900) for this nice, low mileage, almost new car, or I can drop five into mine and have a rebuilt engine, bulletproofed trans, and throw some nasty pipes on it, as well as some other add ons (sub frame connectors, panhard bar, lower control arms, bushings et al) and have a much faster then stock car, with a pretty much fresh engine vs. a new car thats mostly stock that I wont be able to drop any money into for at least two years per my budget agreement with my wife regarding 5k per year for the car. So, if anyone truly is interested in this vehicle, pm me and I will give you the location, and the name of my contact there.
    that's well thought out.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sounds like a responsible decision to me. Have fun with the mods and I'm sure that car will find a good home...

Pewter
    2000 Z28

So I bring this thread back to life. Turns out Im picking up this car either Monday or Wednesday this week. OMG!!!!!

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

So I bring this thread back to life. Turns out Im picking up this car either Monday or Wednesday this week. OMG!!!!!
    Why the sudden change?

Pewter
    2000 Z28

The change comes with the knowledge that the car I wanted (this one) is now in my price range. They wanted 15k for it, which is too much for me, but the 90k WS6 I was going to buy is 8k, and I have 7500 form the loan, plus the 3k for my 99 allows me to only have to ocme 500 out of pocket to get a car with under 9 thousand miles. Yes, read that again. Under 9 thousand miles. And its already got full longtubes, catted 3 inch y-pipe, LM 1 or 2, slp fipk, strut tower brace, body kit, and who knows what else (they think it might be reflashed). What would you do?
    Last edited by buswwa; 11-09-2008 at 03:49 PM. Reason: removed an 80's reference.

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

The change comes with the knowledge that the car I wanted (this one) is now in my price range. They wanted 15k for it, which is too much for me, but the 90k WS6 I was going to buy is 8k, and I have 7500 form the loan, plus the 3k for my 99 allows me to only have to ocme 500 out of pocket to get a car with under 9 thousand miles. Yes, read that again. Under 9 thousand miles. And its already got full longtubes, catted 3 inch y-pipe, LM 1 or 2, slp fipk, strut tower brace, body kit, and who knows what else (they think it might be chipped). What would you do?
    OMG like totally OMG!!! Like..... Whatever!!! I mean, totally OMG like yah!!!

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

What would you do?
    Get rid of the SLP shit.
    Headers would HAVE to go.

Great pick-up though.

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

The change comes with the knowledge that the car I wanted (this one) is now in my price range. They wanted 15k for it, which is too much for me, but the 90k WS6 I was going to buy is 8k, and I have 7500 form the loan, plus the 3k for my 99 allows me to only have to ocme 500 out of pocket to get a car with under 9 thousand miles. Yes, read that again. Under 9 thousand miles. And its already got full longtubes, catted 3 inch y-pipe, LM 1 or 2, slp fipk, strut tower brace, body kit, and who knows what else (they think it might be chipped). What would you do?
    So you have already sold the 99Z ?

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CamaroFan71 View Post
    OMG like totally OMG!!! Like..... Whatever!!! I mean, totally OMG like yah!!!
    Do I smell sarcasm??

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Get rid of the SLP shit.
    Headers would HAVE to go.

Great pick-up though.
    Maybe down the road, but for right now Im just gonna enjoy it the way it is, with a few minor changes. New short throw, and some more smoked lights.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 9t8z28 View Post
    So you have already sold the 99Z ?
    Yep, sold it to a collector in FL for 3k. He was adamant about the corvette rims though. I said what the hell, I was tired of em anyway. He's sending a truck up for the car this week.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

(they think it might be chipped)
    Chips are made out of potato. LS1 cars are programable computers that do not accept "chips" like the cars of the 80's.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 02blkws6 View Post
    Chips are made out of potato. LS1 cars are programable computers that do not accept "chips" like the cars of the 80's.
    Fixed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information