Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Found a few more Z's, any thoughts??

This is a discussion on Found a few more Z's, any thoughts?? within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; 98's are great...I had one since new.Just do some homework on what to look out for in buying a used ...

It has a big wing!

98's are great...I had one since new.Just do some homework on what to look out for in buying a used LS1...or any car for that matter.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

The one that caught my eye was the 2000 SS. Not too many miles, nice color, T-tops, not asking too much and the beast...its a LS1. I mean some of the Z's that you listed are LS1 but you know what they say...The Z28 is just crap and the SS is the poor man's Corvette.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    The one that caught my eye was the 2000 SS. Not too many miles, nice color, T-tops, not asking too much and the beast...its a LS1. I mean some of the Z's that you listed are LS1 but you know what they say...The Z28 is just crap and the SS is the poor man's Corvette.
    Well, I DO really like the SS's, but I certainly wouldn't call a Z28 crap.

I like that SS too, but the thing is I put a LOT of miles on my car, I want to start with one with lower mileage. I put about 18-20k a year, and that adds up quick!

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Just looked at the ad for the '00 SS again. The price has dropped to 10.5k.

I might just have to look at this one at that price. Wonder how much lower it'll go?

Not bad... just checked NADA, 13,300 retail, 11,175 trade in.
    Last edited by StuntmanMike; 07-12-2007 at 07:06 PM.

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

dam you got aLOT of maros up there in RI, i spent 2 years looking for a sports car w/v8 (cobras99-03/ls1's98-02) that were manual & lower milage and the right color for the right price........

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2MuchFun View Post
    dam you got aLOT of maros up there in RI, i spent 2 years looking for a sports car w/v8 (cobras99-03/ls1's98-02) that were manual & lower milage and the right color for the right price........

Yeah, the more I look, the more I'm finding. There are actually a few extremely nice low mileage ones up here, but they're out of my price range.

They're actually all over New England actually, not just RI. I haven't actually found any in RI, lol. Mostly MA and NH.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by SAGGIN View Post
    Damn, just saw a near twin to this car, same color, year, but M6 and with 2k more miles listed for $5,500 MORE. Damn.

I can't wait to see it, hopefully next weekend.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by b.lee View Post
    '98 Z, A4, Black, T-Tops, 69k miles, "very clean, new tires" says the ad. $7,995.

Id get this one and mod the heck out of it.

Yeah, you can mod it and make it a better running more reliable car than the others.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    Yeah, you can mod it and make it a better running more reliable car than the others.
    Why more reliable? Is there something about the '98's that makes them more reliable?

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

No! What I mean is that when you mod the car like when you replace the heads for example, you are driving a more reliable car than the others because yours has new heads as opposed to the other cars that are still on their original ones. You dont know the condition of those heads so they could fail any time depending on how the car was driven etc...
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    No! What I mean is that when you mod the car like when you replace the heads for example, you are driving a more reliable car than the others because yours has new heads as opposed to the other cars that are still on their original ones. You dont know the condition of those heads so they could fail any time depending on how the car was driven etc...

Oh, I get you. Everytime I add a new part there's one less thing to fail.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Attempted to look at the '00 SS for "10.5k" today.

That was a bust, I called the guy in the morning to set up an exact time after first talking to him the night before, and he tells me that before I come to look at it I ought to know that he got an offer of 12k on it, and wouldn't take any less than that.

Ok, if he really did get that offer, fine, I don't blame him. But when I mention the 10.5k price, he says that's a mistake on the website and he couldn't change it.

I also found it on cars.com for that 10.5k price.

OK, you have it listed wrongly on TWO sites? Yeah, right.

Either he doesn't want to sell the car, or he's trying to get me to counter offer higher. If I wanted to bid on a car I'd go on Ebay.

I told him ok, good luck with it.

Man, this is frustrating. The ones I like are either already sold, or the sellers don't get back in touch with me.

I gotta give one guy credit though.... I emailed him this afternoon after seeing the car online, 15 minutes later my phone rang and it was him. Great car, but come to find out it's a hardtop. D'oh!

ME!!

LPM
    01 Z28

any others you are looking into?

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by kebie05 View Post
    any others you are looking into?
    Yeah, I just emailed a guy:

'01 Z, black, ebony leather, T-tops, M6, 40k miles, $13,588. Looks really clean in the pics, only thing is that the stock wheels have to go!

The other one I found today was really nice too: '01 Z, red, cloth, A4, 35K miles, new 17" Torque Thrust II's, duals and a few other small mods, $12,900.
    But no t-tops! D'oh! Other than that it's great, and those wheels look killer on a red car.

Other one I found but have not heard back yet was a '02 Z, 70k miles, t-tops, silver w/ebony leather, M6, dvd player, $8,500.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information