Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

first mod

This is a discussion on first mod within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; So i went to see my mechanic and he took a look at my car and i sure do have ...

White
    00 z28

So i went to see my mechanic and he took a look at my car and i sure do have a spun bearing and as well i have a motor mount broken. I'm getting a stroker kit for the car since he is going to have the engine pulled out. might get a cam as well but anyways labor is 900 and everything that i want in parts is up to me.(internal engine.)

black
    2001 Camaro SS

wow that sucks i'm sorry man. make sure you get some new engine mounts while you've got it out. They're a bitch to do with it in, trust me. i've got full bolt ons and a cam and no sfcs and i'm not to worried about it but then again maybe i should be. But i've never launched the car, only roll raced it so i'm not to worried. depends on what you'll be doing with the car.

White
    00 z28

Hey chevy you know a good place to buy them?

Black
    1998 Chevrolet Camaro SS

I use the Kenny Brown SFC welded in. I recommend it as first modification also.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

i'd go to ls1tech and check the used parts and what not. After that just google it... and compare prices, you aren't really gonnna get much lower than the mid $200 range i don't think.

black
    2001 Camaro SS

oh wait if you mean the engine mounts. I got the prothane motor mounts from thunder racing. And it's only like $60, and a huge pain in the ass to do it with the motor in the car trust me.

White
    2001 Camaro SS

i've bought 90% of everything on my car from lmperformance.com. you'll find a variety of whatever you're looking for.
    my first mods were intake and exhaust. i wouldn't worry too much about twisting the frame to any kind of extreme unless you're strappin on a set of slicks. as you gain hp from mods, that's when you'll want to start looking seriously at sfc's. i did the sfc's, lower control arms, and torque arm all at the same time. it was easier just to put it on the lift and do it all at once.

01 white ss, t-top, m6, intake, exhaust 363rwhp/372rwtq

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information