Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Firebird vs. Camaro

This is a discussion on Firebird vs. Camaro within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Ryanater Really? I can't stand that color. Your hugger orange SS is pretty sweet though. I would ...

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanater View Post
    Really? I can't stand that color. Your hugger orange SS is pretty sweet though. I would take that over Blue any day. What is the SLP package? and does the the firebird have an Equivalent?
    I think his car is actually the bright red, it just looks orange in that pic.
    I like blue cars but i think the nbm is a little too dark,my neighbor has one, its not bad just lacks UUMPH!!
    A color that most people dont think of or go looking for but is really outstanding on an SS is White,Its a really bright white on the f-body + the SS emblems + black trim really stand out on it,you also can see the hole in the hood scoop against the white from really far away, and know its an ss from a distance ,there is one in town + its actually for sale, but its a woman with kids daily driver + is rough.
    My Z/28 is gone on sunday + I want another ss to go with my vert, + unfortunatly there are no mystic ss's out there,so i was thinking either,Sunset Orange,
    or white,I was orig leaning toward som, but now i'm thinking its going to be the white.probably what ever shows up at the right price first.
    So i guess my suggestion to you would be a white or SOM SS. But i really dont think you can go wrong with any of the colors or either make, they are all nice cars. Good luck! Let us know what you get.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

I love white SSs too especially the verts! tinted out, black top with black leather, 6spd, and the black SS grille... MAN! don't have cme on there or ITS OVER! I really wanted a white one, white is the only thing I didn't get on mine

After I bought mine I found one on ebay just like it in white!

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

A bright red T/A is what I wanted. I think black looks the best, but I hate trying to keep it clean all the time. I would really want the brighter blue that they made that one year, but they didn't make it for very long.

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

Wow guys! This thread got pretty insane for awhile. But thanks for all the advice. I don't want to get into a motor swap because there are so many little things the SS has that the v6 doesn't It would cost a fortune to convert. But insurance would be nice

I think I am just going to look around and when I find something that I fall in love with I will buy it and never look back.

What do you guys think about buying a car out of state? there are a lot of nice cars in the for sale section!!!

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Your money....

And that is why a car modded the exact same but using parts that work better and cost less will beat you.

Listen, I am sick of explaining it....
    Very short version. SLP uses outdated designs, has no customer service (after purchase, they will suck you off to get you to spend $$), and costs WAY too much.
    But you are right, I have no idea what I am talking about.
    the only time i liked them was when they double shipped me a part lol

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #3574 A4

Quote Originally Posted by mystic-z View Post
    I think his car is actually the bright red, it just looks orange in that pic.
    ya it's the sport red. the color no one ever talks about. haha, oh well, I like it just fine.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bluefields88 View Post
    ya it's the sport red. the color no one ever talks about. haha, oh well, I like it just fine.
    The red z28 is my favorite but you know how it is when you are trying to buy a car. You have to go with a good deal when you see it so I wound up buying a black one.I love it though. But red yeahhhhhhh.

black
    1999 chevy camaro

hell if you really think about it all the parts for are cars are freakin high dollar!

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    youre going to blow that motor with a 175 shot.
    guess i better take my 200 shot off then. all stock motor from TB to exhaust manifolds. time in sig. still running.
    Last edited by mrr23; 02-17-2007 at 02:22 PM.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    Stock as in completely stock and bolt on free? wow that 175 shot is gunna mess you up man.
    really? why's that? BTW, i've run 200+ through the stock exhaust manifolds.

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    The stock manifolds are going to restrict it and rob you out of alot of that power since the engine has to work so hard to get the gasses out.
    don't disagree with you on this part. but, pushing 475 rwhp through them with a 193 rwhp shot is pretty good, i think.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

i beleive either one is a good choice. i have a 00 z-28(c-sig) and had a 02
    ws6.

Ws6---- has better seats and the ram air hood is killer. i think all have t-tops?

SS------better wheels. nice hood. can be found w/ or w/o T-tops

didn't keep the ws6 becuase i didn't like the auto or the t-tops. i also didn't like the interior as much as in my z. but if i could i would have traded the seats out and put them in my z. i liked them better with the adjustable side support.

but run out and drive a few to be sure you get what you want.
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

as for as buying try Ebay or the autotrader.com search for something in your area so you can check it out in person. sight unseen scares me. i gotta look, touch, taste before i can make the call.
    Last edited by jbb6811; 02-17-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

SS all the way

1998 WS6, 1969 Camaro

I would also like to find something local but camaro SS's and Ws6's are really rare around here. I have seen a few SS's in car shows and my best friends owns one. And ocasionally i will see one on the street but I have never seen a ws6 in person. And if I have never even seen one you can imagine how rare it would be to find one for sale around here.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

i guess you gotta decide how far your willing to go to see or get one. but good luck in your search!

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by jbb6811 View Post
    as for as buying try Ebay or the autotrader.com search for something in your area so you can check it out in person. sight unseen scares me. i gotta look, touch, taste before i can make the call.
    I traveled 700-900 miles to get my SS. I saw something that had all the things I wanted in one car on ebay. When I got to the place the car even had better stuff! ALL STOCK! The things I wanted but didn't expect to be on the car was the cme, SS grille, Pewter paint(looked silver on ebay), and at 39000 miles it still had the new smell in it!

When you find something you like don't be afraid to buy it, but TEST DRIVE FIRST! Go and check the car out! I can't see my self buying a car I've never even seen before.

SOM
    01 Camaro SS

I have owned both a ws6 and a SS. I love them both... Ws6 looks agressive as hell but the SS look like it was done right. nice and smoth. only thing I didnt like about the Ws6 is the pop up lights. it give it a older look, but when those lights were down it looked sweet as hell.Plus there is so much more thing you can do with the SS over the Ws6. like CME, halo head lights, grill...
    I say SS all the way....
    best colors are
    1.SOM
    2.NBM
    3.pewter
    4. black

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

x2!!

Navy
    2000 Z28 M6

well said 01SOMSS!

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

when i was deciding between the 2 i ultimately went with the camaro ss because i hated the look of the firebird hood with those 2 ugly air holes in it and the bump in the middle. it looks retarted (to me at least).

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information