Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

IT IS FINISHED!!! HEAD/CAM/LT Instal

Guys i have finished my own install. LS1HOWTO.com article is awsome. It took me a week working a couple of hours every night and all day last sat. Very rewarding!.. The only thing i had to do was adjust the TB screw 1/2 turn. But, now i got another issue. IT IS FREAKIN LOUD> I have the original SLP loudmouth.Since this thing is race car loud and i have such an aggressive cam, I need to know what the best Single in/Single out muffler would be. I dont want to loose the aggressive tone, but get rid of the obnoxious, pull me over, no sir officer, sound. IF anyone can suggest a good muffler or will the typical flowmaster muffler from say a Mieneke work. Thanks.. I will be posting video and pics later for anyone that cares...
    KD
    Kenny D
    2002 SS LE #2505

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

If you're looking to quiet it down, Flowmaster, Magnaflow and Hooker mufflers would all do the trick for you.

I have a head, cam, intake + bolt ons setup and (when the cutout is closed) my Flowmaster catback exhaust sounds relatively tame on idle and still sounds strong when I'm on the throttle. Personally, I like the rumble, so I keep the cutout about halfway open to give me a little more volume.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.

1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Sound CLIP

Well here is a short clip of it untuned. I am in the process of getting it tuned. Hopefully next week.

TSP 5.3l 2.5 heads

TSP MS3 237/242/.603/.609- 112

TSP Off Road Y

Pacesetter LTs

SLP Loudmouth.

I think i am going to try and find a magnaflow with a 3 in IN/Out .. Hope it will just clean the sound up just a bit..

KD

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

Sounds like a badass Muscle car.....

White Liquid Silver
    2000 Camaro SS/ 02 YZF-R1

Yea it sounds mean! Post up the DYNO numbers when you get it tuned...

Red w/factory stripes
    02 camaro ss

If you're looking to quiet it down, Flowmaster, Magnaflow and Hooker mufflers would all do the trick for you.
    Sick car! I have the Magnaflow catback with long tubes and ory and it's still real loud. so loud that I'm afraid to start it after dark because of what my neighbors will say

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

very nice............love that music coming from those pipes..............how much $$$ for the cam ?

Red w/factory stripes
    02 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by twoss'sinny View Post
    Sick car! I have the Magnaflow catback with long tubes and ory and it's still real loud. so loud that I'm afraid to start it after dark because of what my neighbors will say
    and I originally wanted the Hooker catback but I was told that it robes HP

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    very nice............love that music coming from those pipes..............how much $$$ for the cam ?

Hey guys.. APPREC!! i recommend doing the work yourself if you are mechanically inclined at all. Very rewarding. The CAM is the TSP MS3 on a 112.. I believe it was like 389 or something..I got a discount because i bulk ordered.. Worth every penny!..Its not even broke in, and it pulls,, hope to have it dynoed this week or after Mem Day..
    kd

Black and Red both M6's
    1998 Z28 and 1996 Z28

That is a sweet ride and the sound is awesome to bad you have to quite it down.

BRIGHT RED
    01 CAMARO SS

just curious , what maid you chose that H/C package? ... im just gettin some info cuz im savin for a H/C myself.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by ksupersport02 View Post
    Hey guys.. APPREC!! i recommend doing the work yourself if you are mechanically inclined at all. Very rewarding. The CAM is the TSP MS3 on a 112.. I believe it was like 389 or something..I got a discount because i bulk ordered.. Worth every penny!..Its not even broke in, and it pulls,, hope to have it dynoed this week or after Mem Day..
    kd
    only $389 for all the parts ?

SILVER
    2004 CTS-V

Sounds awesome!

Bright Rally Red
    2000 Camaro SS #5075 M6

thats awesome man congrats!

Black
    2000 Z-28

I think he was talking about just the cam.

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Price

Hey yeah sorry,, thought you were just asking about the CAM.. No Heads/Cam/ Longtubes, Complete bolt and gasket kit=like 2100 or so

Bought(local store) new NGK plugs Iridiums 50.00

1 Gallon of DexCool 14.00

New 160 thermo hyper 53.00

Zoom performance stage 2 clutch aluminum flywheel- FREEBIE!!!

Mobile 1 oil and filter synthetic 5 quarts + filter -- 30.00( Advance running special)

Install- FREEBIE did it my self with a friend
    OH so 5 or 6 six packs- 60.00 HA

Over all fairly easy..Waiting on my CPU from TSP so i can lay down some numbers..

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Head/Cam package

Quote Originally Posted by OH ONE ES ES View Post
    just curious , what maid you chose that H/C package? ... im just gettin some info cuz im savin for a H/C myself.
    Well to be honest. I researched quite a bit. Everyone seems to have there own opinion about whats best, but the overall fact is more air,fuel flow, better compression, is pretty much what you are lookin for. I knew i was going to touch the bottom end or change my piston or flycut them. So that eliminated a great deal of the other heads. These motors are designed to hold a pretty big amount of HP.So i had heard a bunch about the 5.3 heads. Stock rockers transferred,also New pushrods and they are fully assembled.They post great flow numbers on the exhaust side,, and really overall. I know TSP is not a sponsor but the guys are great!. I talked with them several times before ordering. The CAM was chosen because its not a daily driver car, and i was looking for the old school thump. This cam worked very well with the high flow numbers, and also kept me from having to flycut or change my pistons. I will find out what numbers, hopefully after mem Day..

BRIGHT RED
    01 CAMARO SS

Well to be honest. I researched quite a bit. Everyone seems to have there own opinion about whats best, but the overall fact is more air,fuel flow, better compression, is pretty much what you are lookin for. I knew i was going to touch the bottom end or change my piston or flycut them. So that eliminated a great deal of the other heads. These motors are designed to hold a pretty big amount of HP.So i had heard a bunch about the 5.3 heads. Stock rockers transferred,also New pushrods and they are fully assembled.They post great flow numbers on the exhaust side,, and really overall. I know TSP is not a sponsor but the guys are great!. I talked with them several times before ordering. The CAM was chosen because its not a daily driver car, and i was looking for the old school thump. This cam worked very well with the high flow numbers, and also kept me from having to flycut or change my pistons. I will find out what numbers, hopefully after mem Day..
    thanks for the info! hope ya put down some good numbers

Black
    2001 Camaro SS Vert

Nice job, your car sounds awesome (and love the anniversary paint scheme and CME as well). I look forward to your #s

RED
    2002 SS Camaro LE

Thanks

Hey guys I appreciate the compliments... I will post the numbers as soon as i have them..

Thread Information