Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Finally ordered some SS 35th LE wheels!

This is a discussion on Finally ordered some SS 35th LE wheels! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by Firebirdjones Yours looks fine to me Smittro. I think this "too wide" stuff started with this rubber ...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    Yours looks fine to me Smittro. I think this "too wide" stuff started with this rubber band tire trend you see so much nowadays. Everyone wants big flashy rims, and most of them you see stick out further than the tires do

Ever see them where it appears the bead is being forced out to the wheels?? absolutely hideous looking. I just don't see the appeal.

It's a fad for the kids that will die and go away eventually,,,,I hope.
    Thanks! And yes I see tires that appear too small for the wheels all the time out here. It's like they spent all their coin on wheels and then could'nt afford to skin them properly..

Wherever life takes me

02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'm not part of any "trend"...

I just wanted to make sure if I go wider I have enough side wall support for drag-strip use. I don't plan on using a full slick (even though I might eventually). All I can afford after this last purchase is possibly new street DR's on my current set-up (wheels).

New Jersey

2002 Camaro SS

Did this ever go through from hubcap haven? I have been doing some research myself and have come across their site. I have been dying to get my hands on a set. If you got anywere, please let me know. Thanks!

Round Rock, Texas

2002 Camaro SS 35th LE

2nd link on my first post. First order didn't go through because they never were able to get any of the wheels. You could wait it out possibly, but it could be months I'd think.
    2002 Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Edition
    Vert M6
    Hooker Super Comp Ceramic Coated LT's
    3" Ebay Catted Hooker Y-Pipe
    SLP Loudmouth I Center Mount with SLP tips

JOSEY FUCKING WALES! Frankthetank's Avatar
    College Station TX

2000 &2002 Z28

LOL! I wonder if I have your old wheels!

I bought mine from Magnolia (Right outside Houston). It came with a 98z I bought back in 06. He said his buddy didn't like them and swapped over to some z06's LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 02SS35th View Post
    Previous owner thought Z06 replica wheels with chrome plating that peels off and black seat covers with red dragon flames and stupid floor mats were cooler than the OE parts.

Seat covers were thrown in the trash the second I got home, and I ordered the SLP 35th SS floor mats and tossed those others in the trash can when they arrived. My next project is getting the SS grille painted to match the stripes like the SLP one that was sold in the past. After this is done, my car will look like it should.

TSP Rumbler, LT's, TSP Tqr2, PRC 921 Springs, Comp Lifters, Chromoly 7.4" Pushrods, Titanium Retainers/Seats/Seals, ARP head bolts, BMR full Rear suspension

"I could break a bowling ball with a plastic hammer in a sandbox"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information