Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

finally my headlights installed !! PICS

This is a discussion on finally my headlights installed !! PICS within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by chaosinfinite It is actually funny because the first "Angel Eye" lights came with the BMW's which aren't ...

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by chaosinfinite View Post
    It is actually funny because the first "Angel Eye" lights came with the BMW's which aren't Japanese at all as we know. So technically saying these lights look "ricerish" or w/e is incorrect. It is just that they are so popular that they come for many models of vehicles...including our own. I personally just like the stock looking halos because I beleive our lights do kick ass....you just need to make them appeal better then stock.
    That's fine IF we were just talking about "ANGEL EYES", but we're not. THe topic is these headlights with 6 lights on each headlight lighting up, NOT including the actual low beam. Everyone knows angel eyes originated in BMW's, but when someone says "ricer-ISH", it means it looks as if it belongs on an import, seeing as how the majority of the cars u see that have a bunch of led's and lights are imports.

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

funny ricer def.

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
    - Altezza lights/Halos/Clear tail lights and corner signals
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Cavaliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the mods done to them on a case by case basis.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
    Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Last edited by Anthracis; 01-26-2009 at 04:45 AM.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    funny ricer def.

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
    - Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
    - Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
    - Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
    - Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
    - Altezza lights/Halos/Clear tail lights and corner signals
    - A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
    - Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Cavaliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the mods done to them on a case by case basis.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.
    Honda Civics with big spoilers and 4" exhaust tips are considered to be ricers.

Click for full size
    lol

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

sorry...didn't mean to throw things off topic.

515 HP TrickFlow Package BADASS2000SS's Avatar

440 RWHP / 410 TQ
    2000 SLP CAMARO SS

That was awesome....nice pics!
    2000 SLP Camaro SS M6 * 515 HP TrickFlow Package * FAST 92 MM Intake * Nick Williams 92 MM TB * Volant CAI * Granatelli MAF * Full Custom True Dual Exhaust with X-Pipe * Tuned by Breathless Performance

pewter
    1999 Camaro SS

I think they look good. I've never heard of the headlights leaking, but the corners will

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    Ricer=Non beneficial mods.
    what does beneficial mean? spoilers on a civic are appearance mods which dont affect any type of performance, so are headlights on a camaro.

anyhow, i dont think the lights look bad, prob wouldnt be my first choice. but def post some day pics for us

I'm with Joshie. I don't like any of that halo headlight crap. But I'm old and my opinion is much different. It's your car though and you shouldn't be worried what other people think.

I'd keep the stockers around though just in case you ever decide to sell the car

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by Sayed_000 View Post
    hi guys

What Do you think ??
    Click for full size

Click for full size

any comments ?
    SEXIEST

HEADLAMPS

EVER!!!!

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

I think these are the ones I'm going with.

Pic respectfully stolen from another forum.

I like the way they look, and they are the ccfl halos, that are brighter and last longer. I'm just experimenting with a different look. I'm keeping my stockers and going to attempt the whistler mod on them,(they can't look any worse anyway ) so I'll have two sets of sexy headlights.

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

good choice ...

don't forgot to post some pics when u got them on ur camaro !!

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Sayed_000 View Post
    good choice ...

don't forgot to post some pics when u got them on ur camaro !!
    Oh there will be pics. I've got a 12 MP Kodak, and the wife has a 12 MP Nikon D60. So there will be some hi-res pics for sure. Just waiting on the IRS to cough up my tax refund

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post

Click for full size

I like the way they look, and they are the ccfl halos, that are brighter and last longer. I'm just experimenting with a different look. I'm keeping my stockers and going to attempt the whistler mod on them,(they can't look any worse anyway ) so I'll have two sets of sexy headlights.
    YUP.....those are the headlights I'm gonna go with. Projectors look tight with some HID. These are NICE.

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    YUP.....those are the headlights I'm gonna go with. Projectors look tight with some HID. These are NICE.
    Yeah this guy I stole the pic from I think has the 10 or 12000k HID conversion kit on his.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Click for full size

now those lights are sexy, much more tasteful than the first ones

Black
    2002 A4 Z/28

Click for full size

Those are pretty sexy as well. GO HALOS

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

By non beneficial I mean it takes away from the car. My shiney little bird decals add a nice touch. A big spoiler creating drag ... well that speaks for itself. Halos, thumbs up for them

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Click for full size

i got them just waiting to be installed!! this summer...

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

congratulations man !!!

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by JoshieDoom View Post
    By non beneficial I mean it takes away from the car. My shiney little bird decals add a nice touch. A big spoiler creating drag ... well that speaks for itself. Halos, thumbs up for them
    but thats opinion, cuz personally i dont think "shinny little bird decals" look good, so then i think there non-beneficial. all appearance mods are opinion, but no one thinks adding performance mods are stupid.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information