Red
    1998 z28 a4

few simple questions

i have 98 z28 a4, can anyone tell me how to remove the stock headunit? im installing an ipod integrater thing and i didnt look to well but there doesnt appear to be any screws to get the dash apart to get access to the back of the head unit. and number two, i have automatic headlights, they turn on as soon as it gets slightly dark, its convenient but i would like to manually control them, this may sound stupid but i have halo headlights and i think it would look badass if you could just drive with the fogs and halos on, but you cant see the halos when the actual headlights are on. one last thing, the car is in perfect condition, accept two things, my fuel pump is kinda loud sometimes, kind of whines, is this normal? also my gauges are kind of screwy sometimes. example.....ill have a full tank of gas, drive like ten miles and still be one full, then i shut the car off and it goes down some...turn it back on and itll be even lower but once i drive for about 15 minutes itll go back up, but if im rolling up a stop and i put the car in neutral itll go down again, i put it in drive....it goes back up....wtf??? is this normal? also do the 98's have a low fuel light? and i promise last question.....it takes my car a long time to get to 210 degress, sometimes it doesnt get to 210 it stays around 180 i would geuss the old owner might have had a low temp thermostat but it sometimes goes up to 210?? it could be all electrical problems because the car is old and the horn doesnt work due to electrical stuff. sorry for the long post and ton of questions, but im new the fbody world and this was just driving me nuts, as soon as i get some good pics of the car ill post them up. thanks!!
    Last edited by NxLS1496; 01-14-2006 at 09:25 PM.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i have an 98 ss. the temp is ok, the head unit is just 4 srews, the plastice piece just comes off just pull it a little it will come right off. and the headlight should be set up so the halo's are just on with the fog lights. the "highbeam" shouldn't be on even if there are low beams. the rest someone will help you with. make sure to have the halo's looked at you can fry the wires. thanks jeremy

Red
    1998 z28 a4

yea, the halos are wired to the parking lights, but the car came fully loaded so i geuss this includes automatic headlights, the halos are on when the low beams are on but all the extra light from the lows drowns out the halos, so i want to disable the auto headlights so i can just turn the parking lamps on. sucks cause i cant even turn the headlights off if i want to after dark. thanks for the help with temp though

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

go to ls1tech.com and search for the headlight question, they have a whole tthread that tells you how to disable the auto headlights

Thread Information