Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

FAKE SSs!

This is a discussion on FAKE SSs! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by JesusFan cool view on your avatar Thanks....

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
    cool view on your avatar
    Thanks.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    Thanks.

where did u do it ? i been trying to find a place with that view

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by JesusFan View Post
    where did u do it ? i been trying to find a place with that view
    We were on top of a parking garage in downtown Orlando. Are you local? I can get specifics, but another member set it up. I have some great pics from that day.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    We were on top of a parking garage in downtown Orlando. Are you local? I can get specifics, but another member set it up. I have some great pics from that day.

I live in north ga......ya post the pics

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

okay, well ill start off by saying i never said that cars was a good investment, but the rare ones hold there value a lot more, secondly i am not a pretentious prick, i can be an asshole we all have out moments, and yeah i do think that barret jackson is a reliable source for the actual market value of your car cause well the people who want the cars attend the auction.

and for the 69 ss and 69 z28, the z28 should sell for more well cause there was less of them made, an original 67zwill go for more than a 69ss any day,

and again i never said nor do i feel better than anybody in here because i have an ss or 2.

think what you want i really dont give a shit, also dont let me from discourage you from getting what you want im only one "prick" and i live far away,

and your right if a couple guys makes there cars fake it probably wont hurt anything , i guess its just the pricipal that im getting at!

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    okay, well ill start off by saying i never said that cars was a good investment, but the rare ones hold there value a lot more, secondly i am not a pretentious prick, i can be an asshole we all have out moments, and yeah i do think that barret jackson is a reliable source for the actual market value of your car cause well the people who want the cars attend the auction.

and for the 69 ss and 69 z28, the z28 should sell for more well cause there was less of them made, an original 67zwill go for more than a 69ss any day,

and again i never said nor do i feel better than anybody in here because i have an ss or 2.

think what you want i really dont give a shit, also dont let me from discourage you from getting what you want im only one "prick" and i live far away,

and your right if a couple guys makes there cars fake it probably wont hurt anything , i guess its just the pricipal that im getting at!
    Fair enough. You just came across as a jerk in the beginning and especially in that last post. I would never dream of a V6 with SS badges. I can see people doing a Z28 SS clone. If they do everything to make it a SS, what is the harm. I wouldnt do it, but I dont see the harm. In the end what it comes down to is the build number.

Just a side note, You take a totalled SS with a good title. You take all the important info and transfer it over to a V6 chassis. Transfer all body parts, VIN plates, etc to a bare chassis. Is it an SS? Not really but who can tell? I agree it is not right, but I would never know if they produced a build number.

A great example is my TR7. The TR8 is worth way more, and is essentially the same car, but has a V8. They sell bodies as parts. You can actually buy a complete body, and it has a part number. So you take a rusty junk bucket TR8 and transfer the VIN plates and all pertinant components over to a TR7, you now have a TR8. How would anyone know? I would never dream of it, but it can be done and nobody can tell. It has been done. I just dont understand why it matters if it is done correctly.

I dont think it would matter to me as long as it is done right. I would buy it either way. I know there are purists that dont agree, but I just dont get it.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

well as far as anything people love there will always be disageements, it takes the mature adult to agree to disagree!

good points, i will think before judging next time

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information