Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

FAKE SSs!

This is a discussion on FAKE SSs! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; i would think he would try to sell it that way. why wouldnt you you put all your money into ...

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i would think he would try to sell it that way. why wouldnt you you put all your money into cloning it, im sure some of you out there would!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

come on now no more debating?? i finally get some one on my side and everyone runs to the hills or what? lol

white
    2002 z28

im done, just Unsubscribe

Pewter
    02 Z28

there is nothing to debate, its their car they can do whaterver they want with it if you agree or not.

Pewter Metallic
    2000 Chevy Camaro Z28

sorry to hijack...im posting these up for sale in another thread but thought I'd use this to advertise it lol...so is anybody interested in a shift knob by MBA black 2" with the "SS" engraved? Also a black License plate frame that reads "Camaro SS"...I got these as gifts but I own a Z28...send me a pm if interested....heres a couple of pictures...thanks

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m..._camaro_ss.jpg
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...itoMaro001.jpg
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...itoMaro003.jpg

red
    1998 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    and for the v6 camaros, i refuse to believe they exist!
    They do exist, I have one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy_m70 View Post
    If I drop an LS6 into my car and put LS6 badges on would that be a lie??
    Actually this is exactly what I was going to do. When I bought my car I didn't even know what Z28 or SS meant! I was in dire need of a car. I went down to the quality used car lot that my family had used for several car purchases, looking for anything that I could afford. He just happened to have a beautiful red camaro that I fell in love with and got a great price on it. Now I'm so glad I found it! To think I could have ended up with the Saab or whatever else he had.

Now obviously I wish I had a V8 with more power, but I'm partial to my car since it was my very first. So instead of selling it and buying a "real" Z, I plan to throw an ls6 in there and mod to my heart's content including the SS hood etc.

I'm not going to try to pretend it's a Z28 or an SS, But I think if you put the money into making a beast of a camaro that you can take pride in, you deserve to assign a badge that indicate's what you're running, not neccessarily the meager beginnings that your VIN stubbornly holds on to.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by travis7733 View Post
    They do exist, I have one.

Actually this is exactly what I was going to do. When I bought my car I didn't even know what Z28 or SS meant! I was in dire need of a car. I went down to the quality used car lot that my family had used for several car purchases, looking for anything that I could afford. He just happened to have a beautiful red camaro that I fell in love with and got a great price on it. Now I'm so glad I found it! To think I could have ended up with the Saab or whatever else he had.

Now obviously I wish I had a V8 with more power, but I'm partial to my car since it was my very first. So instead of selling it and buying a "real" Z, I plan to throw an ls6 in there and mod to my heart's content including the SS hood etc.

I'm not going to try to pretend it's a Z28 or an SS, But I think if you put the money into making a beast of a camaro that you can take pride in, you deserve to assign a badge that indicate's what you're running, not neccessarily the meager beginnings that your VIN stubbornly holds on to.
    That's when you call on the wizardry of TSS to make you some sweet custom LS6 badges or something else like ZS6 or what ever you can come up with. Putting Z28 or SS badges to me would mean you feel less adequate for not starting off with the higher up models and you still would be pretending your something your not.

Sebring Silver
    2000 Z28

Ok I'm gonna completely ignore the fact that someone mentioned putting ZO6 badges on a car and could call it that. ITS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR. I wasnt gonna get involved in this thread, but now that I'm back at college and have had a couple, I kinda wanna voice my opinion. If someone wants to make their car an SS, who gives a shit as long as their not pawning it off as one when they sell it. For those who think your SS is bad ass, keep in mind it was just a marketing idea that Chevy brought back to the camaro in '96 to sell more cars because shit wasn't working out for them. All youre paying for is a number, and in years to come, I honestly don't think its going to mean to much. SS used to be a thing to be feared in the past, now its just an appearance option with some slightly modified parts. Give me a break. If someone wants to clone it, who cares, its their car and they can do what they wanna do. They can't replicate a build number so what are you guys crying about.
    2000 Silver Z28 w/ Sports Appearance Package, P&P TB, FTRA, Direct Flow Lid, Pace Setter LT's, ORY, Flowmaster 80, TCI 3000 Stall, Trans Go Shift Kit, Computer Tune, Richmond 3.73's, Bilstein suspension, Edelbrock torque arm, UMI Suspension bars, drilled and slotted rotors.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by fwellingtonfiii View Post
    Ok I'm gonna completely ignore the fact that someone mentioned putting ZO6 badges on a car and could call it that. ITS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR. I wasnt gonna get involved in this thread, but now that I'm back at college and have had a couple, I kinda wanna voice my opinion. If someone wants to make their car an SS, who gives a shit as long as their not pawning it off as one when they sell it. For those who think your SS is bad ass, keep in mind it was just a marketing idea that Chevy brought back to the camaro in '96 to sell more cars because shit wasn't working out for them. All youre paying for is a number, and in years to come, I honestly don't think its going to mean to much. SS used to be a thing to be feared in the past, now its just an appearance option with some slightly modified parts. Give me a break. If someone wants to clone it, who cares, its their car and they can do what they wanna do. They can't replicate a build number so what are you guys crying about.
    maybe in the f bodys its just an appearance upgrade with a few exras like bilsteins auburn carriers center mount exhaust a computer tune and a black wing intake, this is with all the options my 02 has, but in the cobalt a totally different car, the trailblazer a totally different car, the impala a totally different car as well, and i know your gonna say were talking about f bodys not all the other ss, well the z28 was a pretty hard car to improve upon from the factory agreed?

so with that in mind yeah they had to make it look better before they made it run better, hence the sport apperance package,

and just an fyi, SS is still a name that means performance and luxury, and is a name that should stick around regardless what everyone else thinks i still give props to gm for the quality of work they did on the ss compared to the z,

red
    1998 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    That's when you call on the wizardry of TSS to make you some sweet custom LS6 badges or something else like ZS6 or what ever you can come up with. Putting Z28 or SS badges to me would mean you feel less adequate for not starting off with the higher up models and you still would be pretending your something your not.
    Completely agreed. And that being said, once my car is finished I'm not giong to need some plastic or alluminum cutout to tell me, or warn anyone else for that matter, that it will kick ass. But "LS6" would look sweet on the back.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

i also think ls6 would look quite good on the back, you should leave the stock v6 exhaust hanging in the back but have true dual dumped before the rear end, that would suprise the hell out of a lot of people including me

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

Are you guys still debating this?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

if you would read you would seeeeeeeeee!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    DAMMIT, HOT DAMMIT! if I see one more v6 with SS badges on it, I'M TAKING THEIR FIRST BORN! I've seen 2v6SSs and 1 Z SS in the last month!
    swapping badges is pretty gay...z28 to ss or v6 to ss is just wrong...call em out and make fun of there fake car

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

and then punch them in the face

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

if you would read you would seeeeeeeeee!
    I see the posts, just dont see the point. It is really not that big of a deal. So you own a real SS that is losing value just as fast as a fake one. If you look at real SS cars from the 60s you will see that a nice and correctly done clone brings as much if not more than real ones, so again, whats the point?

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    I see the posts, just dont see the point. It is really not that big of a deal. So you own a real SS that is losing value just as fast as a fake one. If you look at real SS cars from the 60s you will see that a nice and correctly done clone brings as much if not more than real ones, so again, whats the point?
    are you high? a clone bring as much value as a real thing? do you think before typing? have you ever watched barret jackson? have you ever boughten a classic camaro or classic car?

secondly if both my ss are losing value as quickly as a z then i would not be able to sell my 02 to a DEALERSHIP for 20k when i got lucky and paid 17 for it, when srp is 24,900, well see who;s cars deppreciate and whos cars appreciate , its safe to say that in 40 years my 2 ss's will be worth a lot more than your z regardless of miles, because of their options hands down,

collectors want the real deal, have you ever seen a musuem full of cloned cars, have you ever heard of jay leno or any other big dollar collector brag about their cloned car that they paid less for NO!

and third cloned cars do bring down the value of the real deal doesnt matter what kind of car what year they hurt the market whether you know it or not!

maroon
    2000 Camaro Z28

how can u not like the ss hood and spoiler on ur z....yes these v6's are garbage period...!!!! buttt iff u have a z u know the ss's arent that much hotter if they ever are these days....the way everybody is moddin there car......

Cayenne Red Metallic
    98 Z28

are you high? a clone bring as much value as a real thing? do you think before typing? have you ever watched barret jackson? have you ever boughten a classic camaro or classic car?

secondly if both my ss are losing value as quickly as a z then i would not be able to sell my 02 to a DEALERSHIP for 20k when i got lucky and paid 17 for it, when srp is 24,900, well see who;s cars deppreciate and whos cars appreciate , its safe to say that in 40 years my 2 ss's will be worth a lot more than your z regardless of miles, because of their options hands down,

collectors want the real deal, have you ever seen a musuem full of cloned cars, have you ever heard of jay leno or any other big dollar collector brag about their cloned car that they paid less for NO!

and third cloned cars do bring down the value of the real deal doesnt matter what kind of car what year they hurt the market whether you know it or not!

If you honestly think that Barret is a real representation as to what you can really get then you are high, not me. Value is all about finding a buyer. I have seen a 69 Z28 and a 69 SS in equal condition sell for same money over and over, and thats when they actually were differant packages, not just an appearance package and an exhaust and intake. I had a buddy that traded a beat up non running A/C Cobra for a mint white and orange pace car 69 X11 convertible straight up even. Who got screwed there?

40 years?? are you nuts. So you buy an 02 SS car for $17k and after 40 years you say it will be worth more than my 98 Z that I only paid $3600 tehn you are probably right. At least I hope so. I doubt it would be worth more than the convertible Z28 that I paid $16500 for in 03, and it cant be duplicated. A little hard to to make a fake convertible out of a hardtop.

And trust me, I have "boughten" many cars over the years. If you think a car is an investment then, again, you are high, not me. I owned a dealership for a few years and this might come as a surprise to you, but SSs were a dime a dozen.

I buy property, stocks and have a 401k for my investments. Trust me my investments will be worth more than your SS cars in 40 years. Cars are a losing investment. So for someone to throw some SS emblems on a Z28 along with a hood and spoiler is not a big deal. Remember you have the build number.

I planned on throwing on an SS hood and spoiler because I like the look(no SS emblems) but after seeing your attitude, I dont want to be thought of as being a pretentious prick, so I am now looking for a cowl hood instead and I will leave the RS spoiler on there. I had no idea that people that had SSs thought they were so much better than everyone else. I dont want to be mistaken for one of those jerks.

Sorry, but thats how you came across. I dont care if you own a Z or not, you act like you are better than the rest of us just because you have the SS too. Get over yourself, it is just a Camaro.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by mnypitZ View Post
    Are you guys still debating this?

cool view on your avatar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information