Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

FAKE SSs!

This is a discussion on FAKE SSs! within the Camaro / SS forums, part of the Vehicle Specific category; Originally Posted by camarojunky74 okay first off. i never said once that i was better than another camaro owner because ...

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    okay first off. i never said once that i was better than another camaro owner because i paid more for the ss package! my 99 ss is just a z with the performance appearance package done by gm, my 02 ss is a stage 3 slp car with a 6 speed,

the only problem i have with cloning is the guys with the z's who put all the exterior ss stuff on regardless of performance mods, start telling people its an ss. thats who i am mainly reffering to,

my attitude is "not an SS owner"
    my attitude is a guy who has a passion for cars, a passion for camaros, and when i see the reputation and pride in jeopardy i am going to get angry.

fuck i mean i love the ss package to death i dont give a shit if i overpaid according to you, maybe the price was right for my piece of mind.

like i said before cloning cars to ss or is okay as long as you keep the heritage of your car, EXCEPT V6's

i dont understang why everyone hates me, all i am doing is trying to protect the car we all love!

honeltly and truly yes this is a free country with that so is freedom of speech. i can listen and reply constuctively without bashing one another, we are all supposed to be friends...

i get your point and and didnt mean for giving you some shit. just thought this post was out there to dog on z's who wanted a different look or who didnt want to spend the extra $ on a SS. and totally understand about preserving build #'s of ss;s.

fact of the matter is we all have bad ass rides and lets get on, and just bash the stangs LOL
    Last edited by greatwhiteZ28; 08-26-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhiteZ28 View Post
    i get your point and and sorry for giving you some shit. just thought this post was out there to dog on z's who wanted a different look or who didnt want to spend the extra $ on a SS. and totally understand about preserving build #'s of ss;s.

fact of the matter is we all have bad ass rides and lets get on, and just bash the stangs LOL
    Well put, if it's got an LS1 it deserves the respect-no matter what kind of sticker it has on the fender!

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

goog im glad. and for whoever said that i was bashing on guys because they had a z and i was all high and mighty about having 2 ss camaros. lol i also have a z28 camaro as well. soooooooooooooo... yeah i love them all i just dont agree with lying about the heritage of your car!

underneath my name you can see a list of my camaros. i have 3 and i also drive a 97 honda civic for my daily driver.

and yes lets get it on with bashing shit stains lol aka mustangs

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I like ALL camaros........if a v6 is all somebody can afford its their baby and a camaro......its their car whatever they chose to do with it.......plain camaro, z28, ss all of them are cool.....if they want to make it look like an ss then it looks good to them, thats all that really matters

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

if somebody that owned a camaro and liked it they should like the name and car camaro enought not to put ss badges or z badges on it period end of story.

the point is no one out there with a v6 camaro should clone it to a v8 ever never unless there was a v8 engine.

i will argue about this to the death, this would be like putting a fat ugly chick in a shirt that says hottie, its wrong and a lie and retarded.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

if somebody that owned a camaro and liked it they should like the name and car camaro enought not to put ss badges or z badges on it period end of story.

the point is no one out there with a v6 camaro should clone it to a v8 ever never unless there was a v8 engine.

i will argue about this to the death, this would be like putting a fat ugly chick in a shirt that says hottie, its wrong and a lie and retarded.

whats wrong with a ricer camaro lol

black
    2001 B4C Camaro

honda , from the people that brought you PEARL HARBOR

Onyx Black
    2002 SLP Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy View Post
    I guess if you put tit's on your buddy Paul, starting calling him Paulette and went about dating him.. that's about how I feel on fake SS cars.

white
    2002 z28

thats funny, also to add i really dont mind v6's putting z28s on the side LOL, like when i was in high school and this kid did this and would never race me, even thoe every one knew it was a 6. then came everyone was by his car and everyone told hime to show his motor. and he started to count all the spark plug wires and whne he got to the last one he just added 2 more LOLOLOL, then i raced him and shut him up.

black
    2001 B4C Camaro

go motown

black
    2001 B4C Camaro

who cares beauty is in the eye of the beholder, kinda like vette rims on the camaro's, big deal

white
    2002 z28

Quote Originally Posted by lsave View Post
    go motown
    represent

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

who cares beauty is in the eye of the beholder, kinda like vette rims on the camaro's, big deal

z06 rims rock !

black
    2001 B4C Camaro

never said they didn't, it's the same thing when you think about it

red
    2002 z28

I have had a 02 ss adn now own a 02z adn i miss the hood and spoiler of the ss. I will be putting them on the z but it isnt the same as a true ss.but agian to each his own

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

honda , from the people that brought you PEARL HARBOR
    It was mitsubishi....

black
    2001 B4C Camaro

for fucks sakes

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I'm thinking of getting C5 Z06 badges for my T/A seeing I have the same wheels, LS6 block, intake and clutch. I think it's close enough to be one. (previous is sarcasm if your not reading into it at all)

Putting badges on pretending to be something that it isn't = poser or ricer. Take your pick. It doesn't matter if you exactly replicate the car with the factory parts it, still didn't start out as one it isn't one and should not have the badges. I don't think 4th gen SS's are any better then the Z-28 counter parts. I give them both the same respect my fellow f-body's deserve.

Clones = posers

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I'm thinking of getting C5 Z06 badges for my T/A seeing I have the same wheels, LS6 block, intake and clutch. I think it's close enough to be one. (previous is sarcasm if your not reading into it at all)

Putting badges on pretending to be something that it isn't = poser or ricer. Take your pick. It doesn't matter if you exactly replicate the car with the factory parts it, still didn't start out as one it isn't one and should not have the badges. I don't think 4th gen SS's are any better then the Z-28 counter parts. I give them both the same respect my fellow f-body's deserve.

Clones = posers

well said.

and for the zo6 rims, i too have these on my 02 ss but instead of the center cap being a vette symbol it says SS, does this mean im cloning a zo6? because i have the same design wheels, not taking into consideration the bigger tires they hold.

no where on my car does it say zo6,

there for it is not cloning a corvette but simply taking advantage of the performance and appearance upgrade they gave the car. as i said before it doesnt bother me when you 4th gen z guys put the hood and spoiler on, it bothers me when you put the badges on, because according to you guys which is true the ss is a few bolt ons away from the z, well with that in mind why do you need to put the ss emblems on,
    you cant have your cake and eat it to.
    if the z's are the same thing then why do you have to change the emblems,

well ill tell you why cause SS's are fucking bad ass thats why.

Black/Black
    '00 Firebird WS6 T/A

Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    What if I had a Z28..and put the SS wing and Hood on it and badges on it? Besides the suspension who would know it wasnt a real SS? I think it would be fine..

What about when you tried to sell it? Would you sell for Z value and make some poor sucker think he/she was getting an SS, or would you try to get SS money for it? Or would you be honest?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information